The numbers speak everything (number of factions played against in the last 2 weeks)

+
wwgog;n7940670 said:
"Radovid control" is not a real deck.

pretty sure it is... unless the concept of "deck" has dramatically changed since the last time i checked...

wwgog;n7940670 said:
Radovid control is a frankstein deck

how so..? play units with a lot of value; plenty of deck thinners, and strong removal cards. seems like the perfect way to build a deck...

wwgog;n7940670 said:
Keep in mind that the best cards used in Radovid control are Neutrals.

given that every single bronze card is faction specific, i can't see how you came up with that... not to mention the obvious leader and cards like stennis, priscilla and neneke.

wwgog;n7940670 said:
Besides Shani, name one NR-exclusive card that its OP right now.

if you think a card has to be OP in order to be considered acceptable, that says more about you than the faction...

in answer to your question: vernon roche, stennis, priscilla, neneke, balistas, and KSS are all very strong cards when played properly

wwgog;n7940670 said:
We have no deck thinning

really..? when did they change temerian foot soldier and reaver scout? that alone is 4 cards if my math is correct... then you include priscilla for another one, with the possibility of being replayed by nenneke; not to mention that pesky little stennis for a +1...

Last edited:
RickMelethron;n7941310 said:
pretty sure it is... unless the concept of "deck" has dramatically changed since the last time i checked...

how so..? play units with a lot of value; plenty of deck thinners, and strong removal cards. seems like the perfect way to build a deck...

given that every single bronze card is faction specific, i can't see how you came up with that... not to mention the obvious leader and cards like stennis, priscilla and neneke.

if you think a card has to be OP in order to be considered acceptable, that says more about you than the faction...

in answer to your question: vernon roche, stennis, priscilla, neneke, balistas, and KSS are all very strong cards when played properly

really..? when did they change temerian foot soldier and reaver scout? that alone is 4 cards if my math is correct... then you include priscilla for another one, with the possibility of being replayed by nenneke; not to mention that pesky little stennis for a +1...

You play Skellige don't you.

It's taken me a long time go come around to it, but winrate is the most important indicator for balance because of the momentum and preferences people build over time. What I mean is: if nilfgaard is a bit overpowered, people are going to gear toward a nilfgaard deck, and if the deck is nerfed, people still have a deck and strategy they are comfortable with, so they are still going to play it.

Last edited:

Gość

Don't where the "you play sk" came from either. Both arguments are strong. Radovid control is blitz deck. Made to crush to others. Bork is a neutral card. Turning everything into gold is a crazy strategy. Which seems to be what NR is about. However that deck is not creative is it? The mechanics of crushing the other side of the board make the game quite black or white. That gets old very fast. Take chess. You want to beat the other guy/gal. That can be done by taking his pieces. But it doesn't have to be done like that. Beautiful mates, have alot of pieces on the board. Gwent feels pretty black and white right now.
Somehow I've been finding more balanced matches on casual these days. With victories and defeats around 1 to 5 points even. Great games. Fun, even that crazy letho shit doesn't stop me sometimes.
Ranked, brings out all the limitations in the game. Exposing the flaws is good. But not agreeing on what they are is a problem. The game does have a systemic balance issue that I don't see being addressed. Which will make the game fizzle out. Which sucks.

Treefur;n7940290 said:
That's an assumption the data doesn't provide.

True. It is an assumption based on facts and data though. People would not be playing these decks the most if they didn't gave them more than 50% win ratio.

Trust me, i play Scoia for a long time and almost exclusively.

I'm not sure others have been noticing it or if it just me but in the last week monsters almost disappeared in higher level casual games (lvl 47): 75 games and only 9 monster decks. NR keeps the same trend (10 in 75). SK, ST and NG are pretty close though.

Rawls;n7938330 said:
Well there are 5 factions so you want each to be as close to 20% as possible. Your numbers work out like this -

Monsters - 29%
SK - 24%
NR - 19 %
NG - 15%
ST - 13%

Considering back in Nov - Dec it was like 40% Monsters in the aggregate data provided by Lytha , this seems like an improvement. As long as the factions are each with 15% to 25% I would say it's not a problem ... so Monsters, ST and maybe NG (which rounds up to 15%) may need to be tweaked. A slight nerf to Monsters and a slight buff to ST and NG would probably go a long way. I think if you made ST units mobile again more people would play as them. NG probably needs a bunch of little tweaks to make it balanced right. Nerfing just a couple Monster cards would probably go a long way. I don't think anything drastic is necessary personally ... but I'm naturally cautious about making lots of changes all at once. So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

A buff to NG. If anything they need to nerf NG. The fact that you have cards taht allow you to stack strength to ungodly amounts yet your opponent is limited, no matter the deck, to only one or two cards that can destroy a card that has over 50 strength is crap. At this rate with the rising amount of players playing NG decks that can turn a card from 5 strength to more then 60 is bull when there is only one counter, scorch and you are only allowed one. If any deck needs a nerf it is NG not monsters.

Well, it's official - F*CK Skellige.
I've been enjoying Gwent for the past 2 weeks, but today over 50% of the decks I play against either in ranked or casual are SK.
And the only variation is if it's a discard deck or a blueboy/conjurer deck.
RIP balance.

I play several hours a day on Ranked, my experience is that decks tend to be SK discard, Radovid control or Monster consume. It's rare to get anything else and, TBH, an absolute joy when I see another ST deck or (and I can't believe I'm saying this after suffering through weeks of the usual NR baloney) a NR deck. It's getting a little boring - the players may change but the composition of the decks remains the same. The only difference I've seen lately is that more SK players are using Kambi in the 2nd or 3rd round and Cahir is pretty much in every NG deck.

Top Bottom