Playing a card gives hints about your current hand

+
Playing a card gives hints about your current hand

I'm quite new here, so I might be speaking of something already throughly discussed.

Even if the enemy's (and yours) hand is concealed, the order by which Special, Bronze, Silver and Gold cards are arranged gives a lot of potential hints about the cards' color.
They go from your hand to the battlefield while played, so their card order is easily noticed.

Just an example: Gold cards are in the right border, so whenever someone plays his second card from the right and it happens to be Gold, I can be sure he still has at least one more Gold card in his hand.
If I play a Silver which happens to be the last in the right, the opponent pretty much learns I'm out of Gold and will change his strategy accordingly.
Also, whenever there is an effect that makes someone discard -for example- a bronze card creature, the enemy learns how many you have.

This is the reason why some players are terribly slow every time they play a card imo...they are writing notes and keeping track of your possible hand.

I think the whole display system should be reworked to ensure your hand remains completely unrevealed.

You have a point here ! An option to hide your cards better with a shuffle would make it much more interesting and gives the *bluffing* a better chance

Lim3zer0;n8032330 said:
Checco515 Your hand is shuffled from your opponents perspective.

Simply try out an Emhyr reveal deck to see for yourself.

I knew it was unlikely :).

Edit: what about the fact you see the number of enemy eligible cards when he must choose a discard or similar effect?

Last edited:
No Title

Lim3Zer0 is right:

Attachments

• photo118870.jpg
    photo118870.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 39
all cards in your opponent's hand are shuffled with exception of cards that the opponent returns to their hand through certain interactions, the cards that the opponent returns to their hand are always placed on the rightmost side of their hand

Checco515;n8032340 said:
Edit: what about the fact you see the number of enemy eligible cards when he must choose a discard or similar effect?

That has been talked about by rethaz on the discord.

His response to a similar question to yours was that the:

"average user does not observe that. As I said before only a small percentage of users are even aware of this as being an "issue""

which is not to say it will stay the way it currently is, but its not something high on their priority list. they are considering now.
in fact, in another post by him which i can't find right now, he mentioned it adds an element of strategy.

Edit: found the quote

"I am not sure we will change that. Its an issue for a small percentage of the playerbase and can be considered a high skill element"

Last edited:
Personally I actually agree that it adds an element of strategy. In most other card games you have a system where the newest card drawn is placed on whichever end, and the earliest drawn card is on the other end. This allows the learned player to determine whether an opponent has been hoarding a single, generally more powerful card, for the late game and you can then make assumptions as to what they could be. I would admit that it's slightly different with Gwent because you have a limited number of gold and silver cards in a deck, and this early on there isn't too much deck diversity due to the card pool available, so it could be considered differently.

Top Bottom