Latest Patch Thoughts

+
Latest Patch Thoughts

Sorry guys, but that latest patch is really horrible, whoever decided that should be looking for another job. I mainly play Sco`tel cards and up to the patch, I was doing okay, winning ratio wasn't bad, and did get up to rank 3. Now with the changes, the ability to buff corresponding line is gone, now it's individual cards, so I can't hide them at the beginning. I can't use the healers to buff either for the same reason. My drop in gold Yennifer is weaker as well as my card that increments for each apposing card (can't think of the name), making such counter moves as destroy much easier. There are more examples, but the bottom line is that you fundamentally changed how the Elves are suppose to be played, that I don't think its right to do that. Some of the other factions might need to be changed, but I don't have time to try to bang my head because now my deployment is screwed up. If you want to continue down this path, that's up to you. If you go Gold with these changes, don't expect me to buy/support this.

I also feel that the elves are in a bad spot right now. Maybe because I was used to playing with 3 healers and buffing the entire row for a huge power boost. It feels a lot harder now to get points with scoia'tael, also because the defenders aren't sticking for 3 rounds. I'm currently trying some different card combinations to see if I can find a good deck.

Saying that someone should look for another job because of some changes in a closed beta is going too far for me. We are here to help the developers and designers make a fun game! I'm sure it takes many changes and a lot of time to get the power levels of the factions right. So let's support them by testing the game and posting good feedback on the forum, then I'm sure the game will turn into something we all enjoy. :)

I don't have a clue what you're talking about - at rank 15 I'm seeing like half of the players playing Scoia'tael. It seems ridiculous right now.

We'll always find a way to stick it to Dhoine...unless cdpr keeps nerfing us.

Seriously though, Hawker Healer was a terrible card. And Scoia has always been my favorite faction

There are some bugs happening with Sco right now.
Malena is supposed to hit targets whenever an elf is relealed in her side of the battlefield, somehow vrihedd sappers aren't doing this, neither doll balthana trapper, cyaran, toruviel r shirrú
FL its not always spawning the toppest bronze card either.

eddywang;n8237030 said:
There are some bugs happening with Sco right now.
Malena is supposed to hit targets whenever an elf is relealed in her side of the battlefield, somehow vrihedd sappers aren't doing this, neither doll balthana trapper, cyaran, toruviel r shirrú
FL its not always spawning the toppest bronze card either.
Melena's Card Text:
"Remove 1 strength from a random opposing non-gold unit whenever a non-Ambush Elf unit appears on your side." - working as intended

I'm done, I've now lost 10 games in a row since my initial post and the game isn't fun anymore. The players playing the spy game keep dropping in spies buffing their players by 20 yet I can't heal my players and they continue to be weaker then before patch. The monster players can continue to drop in mutating cards and I can't buff mine. So I have no problem dropping support for this game, loved Witcher 3 but if they had decided that a patch made him weaker then before patch I'd dropped the game as well.

Take it easy... It is highly recommended to use different decks. Maybe it is good time to try another side? I agree it is hard to play buffs as ST now but you still can make drafts or ambush deck. You had read terms of beta so you can't blame developers.

ElectroBlade;n8257440 said:
"This game got worse because I don't know how to adapt and refuse to learn" is all I'm hearing.

Fooken A. Instead of spending so much time whining, some people ought to get a hold and try out new things, new decks, new strats. I was devastated when I saw that My radovid control deck got nerfed so heavily (Vernon cant hit Golds, Radovid Cant hit golds). I changed my radovid deck, adapted and ranked up 3 ranks after this patch.

I'd still would love to have a "random" choice for decks before search, because I'm playing only radovid right now.

Frostelis;n8258390 said:
Fooken A. Instead of spending so much time whining, some people ought to get a hold and try out new things, new decks, new strats. I was devastated when I saw that My radovid control deck got nerfed so heavily (Vernon cant hit Golds, Radovid Cant hit golds). I changed my radovid deck, adapted and ranked up 3 ranks after this patch.

I'd still would love to have a "random" choice for decks before search, because I'm playing only radovid right now.

Fooken A x2. I'm not the biggest fan of the patch myself. My weather deck got nerfed into oblivion and I dropped about 800 points in rank as a result (well that and stupid random disconnects...). A couple of clear skies are all you need to destroy a weather deck now, Rag Nar Rog doesn't even belong in it anymore.

So I just made a NR deck and rolled with that. Getting my lost points back now...

well you said you are rank3 so go play and learn the game. use gwentdb look at other people and how they play if you struggle so much. if you keep losing you have to tweak your deck or playstyle and attitude towards the game.

I think the Neophyte deck and the Ambush decks are now better, its just a matter of finding a good sinergy now.

freeTYBET;n8257410 said:
It is highly recommended to use different decks. Maybe it is good time to try another side?

It is not exactly learning and growing, though, is it?

Should he stop whining, adapt and try harder with that faction or jump ship?

After every patch, depending on which decks or cards provide better scores, there is an en-masse migration of players towards those factions/cards. As if game-testing is first and foremost about winning. This migration points to an as yet unresolved problem of balace in Gwent, which can be resolved by the game-devs listening to feed-back and solving problems, not by advising players to change factions.

Every faction and every leader should be viable and should be giving players options of developing their own style/strategy. And a player should be able to play only one faction all his life if he chooses to do so. That's what games do. They give you options within rules. During beta or after. They do not push players to behave in ways not within their desire.

Besides, those who have spent much time and tried everything they possibly can with a certain faction can better point to the stronger or weaker parts of it with more certainty and contribute better to the testing phase.

I believe there would be better and faster improvements if there were less of this "suggestion" of changing factions to players and more of listening to feed-back and solving problems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom