Control decks are getting out of hand

+
Jotun35;n8822490 said:
First of all, I don't netdeck or at least I may copy the bread and butter bronze units but not golds and silver.
Second. No. I didn't get d bomb. I got 0 shackles and 0 scorch beside the one you get at the beginning (so I have 1 of each and yes I run shackles + mardoreme... not that it can save you against 2 dol protector with shield on round 3, especially when you don't have the card advantage).

NG can beat spell'otael because of huge tempo. Morkvarg SK doesn't have many big swings and play the long game... and you can't rekt if you play long game against spell'otael. Even Hunters can't do much when you get 3 Skellige storm in your face round 1.

you won't get more than one scorch since it's a silver card. Shackles are bronze though so you can craft them for like 40 scraps. Mutagen/spores are bronze too.
Skellige storm is a silver card too, - only one in deck, it can be played max. 2-times if he uses Eithne to resurrect the card, which is really stupid and risky to resurrect a weather when it can be cleared so easily. So no, sorry, I'm not buying this story with 3 skellige storms.

Plus, I'm not saying to get scorch, d-bomb and shackles and suddenly you will win every match against ST and NG spell decks. I'm saying your chances will be increased.

Bugii;n8822870 said:
you won't get more than one scorch since it's a silver card. Shackles are bronze though so you can craft them for like 40 scraps. Mutagen/spores are bronze too.
Skellige storm is a silver card too, - only one in deck, it can be played max. 2-times if he uses Eithne to resurrect the card, which is really stupid and risky to resurrect a weather when it can be cleared so easily. So no, sorry, I'm not buying this story with 3 skellige storms.

Plus, I'm not saying to get scorch, d-bomb and shackles and suddenly you will win every match against ST and NG spell decks. I'm saying your chances will be increased.

First of all, I'm not playing with scorch for obvious reasons: too risky because my goal is to buff the boats/morkvarg/the hunters, so it's often a dead card.
You can actually play Skellige storm 3 times: once by itself, then Aeormancy, then Eithne.
Also, since these decks are usually running a gold weather, they can mill all your clear sky with skellige storm spamming (or dennying you blood curling roar with Gremist or a rally). By doing so, they are also buffing their Protectors. So no, it's far from being stupid and that usually take care of my hunter(s)/boat(s) (that, or a lock). Making winning round 1 difficult and extremely expensive ressources wise.

Last edited:
Jotun35;n8823900 said:
First of all, I'm not playing with scorch for obvious reasons: too risky because my goal is to buff the boats/morkvarg/the hunters, so it's often a dead card.
You can actually play Skellige storm 3 times: once by itself, then Aeormancy, then Eithne.
Also, since these decks are usually running a gold weather, they can mill all your clear sky with skellige storm spamming (or dennying you blood curling roar with Gremist or a rally). By doing so, they are also buffing their Protectors. So no, it's far from being stupid and that usually take care of my hunter(s)/boat(s) (that, or a lock). Making winning round 1 difficult and extremely expensive ressources wise.

oh, I forgot about aeromancy, sorry.
Hmm, perhaps don't try to win the 1st round so badly, if it's expensive.
IDK, I'm playing that deck (ST control), but as I said, I don't have all the cards so I replaced quite a few of them with what I had.
But really, it's not so hard to beat it. If Scorch is so risky, try to get spores - that's more versatile card you can use to heal/buff your units if you won't need it to destroy protectors.
Also, don't be afraid to use more than 25 cards. Dunno what else I could advise.. but it's not that hard to beat this deck. Especially when you know he's playing control, you can expect him to play the protectors as last 3 cards.

No really, I already run spores and such (it's very useful to buff Morkvarg or shackles + spores on Tibor). Either I really get screwed by RNGesus (which isn't a problem for a fully optimized Spell'otael deck because they can pretty much rotate the full thing) or my deck isn't optimized (I would love to have Regis: Higher Vampire in case the player has only 1 or 2 protectors in his hand and one still in the deck, that would make round 1 or 2 much easier)... But again, I can't optimize it with scarce ressources and I'm not even sure it's worth it when considering the nerf the Hunters will face.

Laveley;n8787610 said:
lol. It wasnt undoubted. It is just your blind guess. Just played like 20 games in a row now on the ladder. Faced one QG... but it wasnt even a "pure qg", it was almost an hybrid that happened to use the qg's. Anyways, we wont get to any consensus here, but for me, like i already said, after a few days playing qg i could already feel it wasnt competitive, too many counters on the current meta.

Is English a tertiary language for you? I said that QG WAS a meta deck for a few days and then fell out of flavor, of course you wouldn't see them on the ladder now that they've stopped being played....

Redcoat2012;n8835900 said:
Is English a tertiary language for you? I said that QG WAS a meta deck for a few days and then fell out of flavor, of course you wouldn't see them on the ladder now that they've stopped being played....

lol! I'm well aware you said it was. The one that dont get that i'm saying it wasnt is you.

Do i need to draw it for you?

You: Was

Me: Wasnt

Two diverse opinions. No one of them in undoubted like you said yours was :)

These complaints about NR spell deck are getting out of hand. You made your ST spell deck and now you are complaining because the NR spell guard deck used to counter it is now too powerful and you are out of scraps. You blew your load too soon. Next you will be complaining that the deck that is countering your own NR spell guard deck that you finally got enough scraps to craft is too powerful. :)

God_of_Eredin;n8848280 said:
These complaints about NR spell deck are getting out of hand. You made your ST spell deck and now you are complaining because the NR spell guard deck used to counter it is now too powerful and you are out of scraps. You blew your load too soon. Next you will be complaining that the deck that is countering your own NR spell guard deck that you finally got enough scraps to craft is too powerful. :)

You assume too much.

God_of_Eredin;n8848280 said:

Lol, this reminds me of Sword Art Online in the Gun Game world, where the one player convinced everyone to go Agility, so he could then counter them with another build. XD

irstaxer;n8858080 said:
Lol, this reminds me of Sword Art Online in the Gun Game world, where the one player convinced everyone to go Agility, so he could then counter them with another build. XD

Shhhhhh, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Tell no one.

You still have to credit to those players how create/develop winning strategies in my opinion. then everyone else copies but, the original ideas are a very smart play. whatever that play-style is.

Laveley;n8836610 said:
lol! I'm well aware you said it was. The one that dont get that i'm saying it wasnt is you.

Do i need to draw it for you?

You: Was

Me: Wasnt

Two diverse opinions. No one of them in undoubted like you said yours was :)

You're still not getting it are you?

I said they were popular, you said they weren't, I disagreed, you tried to prove your prior point by stating "just played like 20 games in a row now on the ladder." which is foolish because your twenty games in what was the present does nothing to disprove a point about the past. What does proves my point is that now the top decks like spellatael and Calveit are nerfed that QG is becoming a fairly prominent meta deck, oh and of course this meta snap shot from Gwentlemens club 3 days prior....

Redcoat2012;n8918970 said:
you tried to prove your prior point by stating "just played like 20 games in a row now on the ladder." which is foolish because your twenty games in what was the present does nothing to disprove a point about the past.

Except i didnt :)

When i said i faced just one qg on 20 games that moment, i was obviously referring to that moment and not the past. I though that was obvious enough....

The part of my commentary i was referring to the past was obviously; "Anyways, we wont get to any consensus here, but for me, like i already said, after a few days playing qg i could already feel it wasnt competitive, too many counters on the current meta."

Laveley;n8919440 said:
Except i didnt :)

When i said i faced just one qg on 20 games that moment, i was obviously referring to that moment and not the past. I though that was obvious enough....

The part of my commentary i was referring to the past was obviously; "Anyways, we wont get to any consensus here, but for me, like i already said, after a few days playing qg i could already feel it wasnt competitive, too many counters on the current meta."

I was saying that you referring to the present when I'm talking about the recent past was flawed, again is English a tertiary language to you as your completely misinterpreting it. Furthermore QG was competitive, the reason that it's a prominent deck post patch was because it was less negatively impacted (even though it was nerfed a tad) than the prominent decks. It making it onto gwentlemens meta snapshot somewhat proves it was and is still a meta deck.

Redcoat2012;n8921010 said:
I was saying that you referring to the present when I'm talking about the recent past was flawed, again is English a tertiary language to you as your completely misinterpreting it.

Again; what i was talking about the present (1 on 20 matches against QG) didnt had any connection to what i was talking about the past (qg was uncompetitive since the first few days of OB). But you keep insisting they had so you can call the connection "flawed".

Redcoat2012;n8921010 said:
Furthermore QG was competitive

It wasnt.

Laveley;n8921780 said:
Again; what i was talking about the present (1 on 20 matches against QG) didnt had any connection to what i was talking about the past (qg was uncompetitive since the first few days of OB). But you keep insisting they had so you can call the connection "flawed".

It wasnt.

Again they were and now are, as evident by their includion in thing like the META snap shot that Gwentlemen provided, I'm not going to engage in circular reasoning with someone that can't even provide any evidence to back up your 'counter argument'.

Redcoat2012;n8931160 said:
Again they were and now are, as evident by their includion in thing like the META snap shot that Gwentlemen provided, I'm not going to engage in circular reasoning with someone that can't even provide any evidence to back up your 'counter argument'.

The same snap shot that puts qg's at tier 2? Yeah, i dont need to provide any evidence because you are providing it for me. Than again, i already said we wont get to a consensus here a long time ago, its you that keeps insisting on the matter.

Okay guys, let's go back to the original topic. If you still want to discuss this further, please do so in PM or create a new thread.

Top Bottom