Seeing Your Cards Being Studied by the Opponent

+
Seeing Your Cards Being Studied by the Opponent

What realy annoys me is that you can see when oponent is studying your cards which you pulled out on the deck. I don't want to know which card he/she is studying nor her/him which ones I study. Please make this competely anonymous.

I don't understand the problem. The chance of most people memorizing every ability of every card (this early on, especially) is pretty slim. Of course people are going to look at most of the cards their opponents play to double-check what they do - it could backfire in their faces if they didn't.

I don't care if my opponents inspect my cards. Heck, I expect them to do it. I inspect theirs every time they're placed on the board, too.

Anonymity is nice, but in a case like this it's hardly necessary. Considering an idea like this just seems like a waste of dev time to me.

I like being able to see when the other players are reading a card I just played, it shows either that it might have messed with a plan they had or that they are trying to counter that card in question.

It can be used offensively as a mind game as well, hovering over your leader ability can make your opponent think you are about to use it (rather than counter their field) which can be a bait for a minor victory

Sometimes opponents hover over their next card, and the way ordering works in Gwent, you can figure out whether its a special card or unit, so you can be prepared. When round ends, if opponent is skellige, you ll also know how many units they have in their hand, so the hovering is even more useful.

Hedlesss;n6899830 said:
It can be used offensively as a mind game as well, hovering over your leader ability can make your opponent think you are about to use it (rather than counter their field) which can be a bait for a minor victory

My thinking exactly.

Wertandrew;n6900130 said:
Sometimes opponents hover over their next card, and the way ordering works in Gwent, you can figure out whether its a special card or unit, so you can be prepared. When round ends, if opponent is skellige, you ll also know how many units they have in their hand, so the hovering is even more useful.

That's a good point.

Why only if the opponent is Skellige? Because you're counting the +1 effects?

aholeel;n6900250 said:
That's a good point.

Why only if the opponent is Skellige? Because you're counting the +1 effects?

Yes, the green shining effect when the round ends is your opportunity to see how many units your opponent has. But the number of units are not important, rather the number of special cards. If you see 1 special card, it's very rare that it is removal (on Skellige).

This is actually kind of a big problem. But even once they fix the tell for Skellige (which they definitely need to do), I still think this shows the kind of problems that can inadvertently be created by these sorts of mechanics. I think it would be better if they stopped showing the opponent's gaze, period.

On a related note (related enough that it seems to belong in the same thread), I think you should still be able to see how many cards your opponent has after they've passed.

I don't know, it annoys me, when I see my card highlighted when oponent is reading what it does.

Hovering is a confirmed mindgame. Graveyard \ Leader abilities \ The most buffed unit on the field. It's fun and it works.

If you can see the enemy units buffed there could be a way to look at the enemy cards in his hand. Why let the client know the cards of your enemy befor he is playing them in the first place ? it's just a risk.

Has this been fixed yet? I didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes I found, but it seems like something that is a must-fix (something that gives away what cards are in your hand is a definite problem).

Most notable are: Queensguard (you know if he has cerys in his hand or not) , Barclay Els (you know how many dwarves he has in his hand) and other cards that buff things that are not visible.
[h=1][/h]

I actually like it when I play Regis or some unusual card, like the NR card that removes Gold status, and my opponent inspects them. Also, I makes me respect them, as it is proof I am not facing a careless person.

Seeing where my opponent is looking is fine with me, for one it shows that they are well, doing something. They may be taking a long time deciding what to do, flick through their deck, look at one of the cards on the field etc but you can know they are doing something. Otherwise your just sitting there wondering what the heck they are doing if anything.

However I do think they should change the certain buff effects that hint at whats in your hand/ tell you whats in their hand.

LordOcampo;n7036930 said:
I actually like it when I play Regis or some unusual card, like the NR card that removes Gold status, and my opponent inspects them. Also, I makes me respect them, as it is proof I am not facing a careless person.
One of my favorite cards to watch people hover over lol, that and the whale!

I don't even get it. Did the OP mean the cards in your hand? Because I see people viewing these too but they're not viewable and cards that have been played to the board, or resting in peace should be viewed especially if they've never seen them.

I had noticed that cards that get buffed from other cards do have animations on them when they are in players hands. That doesn't seem right to me.

I believe the OP meant, for example, If I played Avallac'h you draw a card. When you over over the card to look at what you drew, I can see the red outline. Based on where that outline is in you hand, I can make a reasonable guess as to what you drew (Special, low/mid unit, high unit/Gold). So, while seeing what is being read on the battlefield is no problem, and should probably be encouraged; seeing effects and highlights on cards in hand is giving information to your opponent. Just watching the the highlights during game (what card turned red when my opponent played that Alzur's Thunder? Oh, 3d from the left. So there's at least two more specials in hand, and likely more) can give away a lot of information to those watching the hand animations more than the battlefield.

Top Bottom