Some way to try out new decks?

+
Some way to try out new decks?

I'm not sure how to do it because obviously if you give people the option to play against newer players when trying a new deck then there will always be assholes who take advantage, but I it incredibly frustrating that I HAVE to focus on developing one deck. If I suddenly find myself with a deck that doesn't fit the current meta, then I'm pretty well screwed, because I can either continue to develop that deck, meanwhile falling further and further behind as I farm teensy scraps, or I try another deck that is seriously underdeveloped, and get completely owned because I'm playing against developed against decks. I just think it would be nice to have the option to try out a new faction without either serious detriment to my MMR or having to play for endless more hours because I lose so often to be able to farm scraps for a better deck

True, the devs should give out more cards in order for us to test them in the beta. I guess they have their reasons not to. Probably to observe the rate of new cards people gain.

Anyhow, the whole collection will be wiped once open beta hits. So you can freely experiment with your deck (up to a certain point).

Last edited:
But I can't unless i spend a lot of time or money. It takes ages to build up enough scraps to build one decent deck. If I want to experiment with different ones? It doesn't happen, because either I'm playing with one very basic deck against either other very basic decks, or decks in development, or I'm playing against major decks and I'm fucked. More than that, I'm being forced to choose a faction early on and stick with that, and then a patch comes out because every other little boy insists on playing the one faction that is owning in the current meta, my faction gets nerfed, the popular faction is left as is because people like it and I'm left trying to figure out how to play a different faction while gaining very little because I don't want to play the same as everybody else. I'm sorry, I sound really whiney, i don't mean to be whiney. I just think there should be some sort of middle ground here. I don't want to be forced to play one faction because it happens to be the strongest right now, and I don't want to be forced to have top cards in all factions (until it changes again) in order to be able to occasionally win, depending on the meta

This is just the way it is currently, not much you can do except play every day and expand your collection. It might help if you start with focusing on one faction and spend all your scraps on good neutral cards. With a good neutral card base you can branch out to other factions more easily. Then after that craft the staples of the next faction you would like to play.

F1zg1g;n8103280 said:
It takes ages to build up enough scraps to build one decent deck. If I want to experiment with different ones? [...] More than that, I'm being forced to choose a faction early on and stick with that, and then a patch comes out because every other little boy insists on playing the one faction that is owning in the current meta, my faction gets nerfed [...]

There are a lot of changes with each patch, changing the meta and whole factions. If you had an awesome deck pre patch, that deck might be useless post patch. This is the nature of beta. Also, because of the incoming wipe, some players might not want to spend a lot of time getting new cards. All this leads back to my original suggestion that the decks should give out more cards in the beta for us to test. Regardless, now is the perfect time to experiment. Even if you mess up your deck, in the end, everyone will have to start over.

Top Bottom