Bronze vs Silver

+
Bronze vs Silver

Now in this game we have this tier style of cards where Silver are always better than Bronze, but i have a problem with HOW this is done.
Most of the silver cards are pretty cool and have some unique effects and this how they should be but i'd like to talk about some cards which aren't interesting or powerful enough.

I'll use Nilfgaard cards as example:

1) Spotter vs Vanhemar

Both have the exact same effect except Vanhemar has an extra 4 base strength, this is the only thing that makes him "better", worthy of being a silver card. Not only he has the same effect as a bronze card (i know spotters copied this effect) but spotters are Agile, making them better in certain situations.

My suggestion is to make Vanhemar weather immune, maybe reduce it to 7 if needed, cause right he's siege only and because of this is more vulnerable than its bronze counterpart.

2) Impera Enforcers vs Ceallach

They have the exact same base strength and do the exact same thing, the only difference is that Ceallach's effect is slightly stronger, by 2. This is just not interesting and even though it's slightly better than the bronze one it's enough good enough to deserve a silver spot. We already have a card that's just a slightly stronger bronze but we get that for free as a starter.

My suggestion is to give Ceallach a positional effect, since we have them now. Like instead of gaining STR as Impera Enforcer does maybe it can give adjacent units +4 STR, it would make him potentially more powerful but it requires a bit of setup, it feels more rewarding this way.

What do you guys think?

Spotters are currently tied to the ranged row in the Private Test Realm version. I agree that Vanhemar probably needs to be buffed slightly from his current state, but CDPR have gone out of their way to remove weather immunity from self-buffing units (like the Clan Dimun Pirate Captain). And it's pretty easy to see why self-buffing and weather immunity may be a strong combo.

The Ceallach idea is interesting though. The numbers may need tweaking but the concept is cool.

I agree here, vanhemar doesn't have much to set him apart from a regular spotter, and I feel his ability needs to be unique in this regard.

one of the main suggestion, was for him to gain base strength, but to me it doesn't seem enough, or is unique.

what about the following abilitys?

Whenever a card in either players' hand is revealed give 2 strength to a random non-gold unit in your hand.
Whenever a card in either players' hand is revealed give 1 strength to all non-gold unit(s) in your hand.
Whilst in your hand or on the battlefeild, whenever a card in either players' hand is revealed give 1 base strength to a random non-gold in your hand.

or maybe something completly different?

Discard a random revealed card from your opponents hand to their graveyard, then your opponent draws a card and reveals it.

Last edited:
Those are some intriguing suggestions.

Lim3zer0;n8165180 said:
[...]
[1.]Whenever a card in either players' hand is revealed give 2 strength to a random non-gold unit in your hand.
[2.]Whenever a card in either players' hand is revealed give 1 strength to all non-gold unit(s) in your hand.
[3.]Whilst in your hand or on the battlefeild, whenever a card in either players' hand is revealed give 1 base strength to a random non-gold in your hand.

or maybe something completly different?

Discard a random revealed card from your opponents hand to their graveyard, then your opponent draws a card and reveals it.

I like the discard one. Imo you could even adjust it to 2 cards and make him lose 2 or 3 base strength for the change of his ability.
The first two seem too strong, the third sounds nice but would also need to adjust his base strength.

Top Bottom