Look of the cards

+

Guest 4068570

Look of the cards

I must say after playing gwent in the Witcher then playing this game I am not impressed with the artwork or more specifically the clarity of the cards. The Witcher gwent cards were much more clean and easy to read. I have a 50 inch tv and the cards from a distance are not easy to look at and make it not as fun to play. There is too much red on some of the cards. It's like you are looking at a blood stain. Honestly I wouldn't spend my money on this if you have a hard time seeing what the card is and I truly loved playing gwent. Why not make the cards clean looking like the other Witcher gwent cards? I don't understand why you guys would choose this smudgy art direction.

Yeah..... I dont think that much players have huge issues with a 50 inch screen :D

In terms of the red, did u try to adjust the contrast and brightness?

henchman71;n8181650 said:
I must say after playing gwent in the Witcher then playing this game I am not impressed with the artwork or more specifically the clarity of the cards. The Witcher gwent cards were much more clean and easy to read. I have a 50 inch tv and the cards from a distance are not easy to look at and make it not as fun to play. There is too much red on some of the cards. It's like you are looking at a blood stain. Honestly I wouldn't spend my money on this if you have a hard time seeing what the card is and I truly loved playing gwent. Why not make the cards clean looking like the other Witcher gwent cards? I don't understand why you guys would choose this smudgy art direction.

I agree that the cards from the Witcher 3 look better on the playfield, but I'm fine with both styles. Although I do really miss the golden border animation from the Witcher 3, it feels sooo good to play a golden card in the Witcher 3 and I kinda miss that here. :(

This is the exact reason I don't play Magic on my Xbox. Gwent for Xbox has the same problem currently - I can't see the cards because they're too small. For console players, most of us are going to be playing on a flatscreen TV from their livingroom seating postions. Flatscreens, particularly 4K screens are getting cheaper and cheaper, so more and more households have 42" and larger TVs. It would be nice if the Xbox version of the game had some scaling of UI elements to compensate for this. The in-game version of Gwent was much easier to see.

I agree, I hate the new Cartoony like art of the board and cards. And i dont like you have to hover over the cards to read the special tech on some. Should be symbols on bottom of card to let you know kinda what they do like in Witcher 3.

fw_k

Forum regular
i loved the look of the cards in Witcher3. in comparison, many of the new ones' graphics feel like a downgrade.
if i compare the cards of some of the well known characters from the games (e.g. Sile, Philippa, Keira, Ves, etc.) the new graphics are disappointing.. :(
plus the board and its layout as the are right now seem rather boring.. :/

Imperialkniight;n8429210 said:
I agree, I hate the new Cartoony like art of the board and cards.

which cards are cartoony?

Imperialkniight;n8429210 said:
And i dont like you have to hover over the cards to read the special tech on some.

where do you want them to show the effect?

Top Bottom