New player first impressions

+
New player first impressions

Wishes:
- Zoom in on cards when opening packs
- Be able to scroll over key words to view more information
- More detail on some words that aren't highlighted such as "spying", "loyal", "disloyal".
> There are disloyal cards I would like to craft but I don't know if disloyalty could hurt me in an actual game or if it is just a cosmetic title.
> I shouldn't have to sift through cards until I find one with spying to know what spying means.

- View current weather effects and possibly the cards that triggered them
- View cards recently played. I've missed spells and had no idea how my board got demolished

Of course these are all things I will get used to but they matter to a new player.

I love the "send good game message" option and the reward for doing so. Seems like a great way to keep people civil.

Almost all of the controls feel great. The pass turn button feels a bit lacking. I am not sure how to describe it. Almost anticlimactic.

I think the keg opening animation could use a bit of polish.

Welcome :cheers:

GermPP;n8183750 said:
Wishes:
[...]
- Be able to scroll over key words to view more information
- More detail on some words that aren't highlighted such as "spying", "loyal", "disloyal".
> There are disloyal cards I would like to craft but I don't know if disloyalty could hurt me in an actual game or if it is just a cosmetic title.
[...]

Disloyal means that you will place the unit on the enemy side of the board. E.g. spies which grant you a redraw or ambushes. There are also cards which u can spawn on all six rows. Just take a look in your card collection and highlight them for more informations.
Regarding the key words you mentioned, you simply need to get used to those, wont take that long :)
I don't know if there is a thread in the forum which explains all of them that would be a great sticky topic.

GermPP;n8183750 said:
Wishes:
[...]
- View current weather effects and possibly the cards that triggered them
- View cards recently played. I've missed spells and had no idea how my board got demolished

[...]

Maybe i am getting you wrong, but you can see the weather effect as an animation on the accompanying row - some just effect one side of the battlefield, like Coral or if an Archgriffin cleansed the weather on one side of the board.
In terms of cards played, you deeply need to be patient. Taking a look at the graveyard always helps me for example, i actually do that kinda obsessively :D

As i started playing Gwent - back in early december - I thought it was quite fun to learn with time and really thrive.

Ya I totally agree that this information is available somewhere. I just think it should be readily available to a new player in the client rather than from an outside application.
About the weather effects I just meant the ability to hover over it and see the name of the weather such as "FOG" displayed along with what exactly fog does. As a new player I don't want to have to take time out of my turn to google an effect before I decide to play a card when it could just as easily be shown within the game.
About the graveyard, I didn't see that. I'll have to look again.
Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom