Please nerf Pavetta...

+
Please nerf Pavetta...

Most broken Gold unit any patch so far, kills 2 enemies and can be revived by Shani to kill another 2...
Don't want to play against her as Resilience deck either... Or any monster deck... Or any deck at all -.-
Even at kill ONE lowest she would be too strong as she can be revived at round start for a free Resilience kill with 6 power...

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Nobody even played Pavetta before the patch and then... BOOM!

It's basically a double Epidemic, which can hurt, especially if you have weak units of the same strength. But this also applies to Scorch/Igni. You can play around it.

Pavetta was near useless. Now she is the new Igni. Nothing wrong with her.

4RM3D;n7722490 said:
Nobody even played Pavetta before the patch and then... BOOM!

It's basically a double Epidemic, which can hurt, especially if you have weak units of the same strength. But this also applies to Scorch/Igni. You can play around it.

Pavetta was near useless. Now she is the new Igni. Nothing wrong with her.

Nothing wrong? Round one she killed my 7 and 8 cost and won because of that, then she got revived round 2 first turn to kill my 31 and 28 Mahakem Defenders....

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Struyk;n7722570 said:
Nothing wrong? Round one she killed my 7 and 8 cost and won because of that, then she got revived round 2 first turn to kill my 31 and 28 Mahakem Defenders....

Wait, what!?

Destroy the weakest non-Gold unit(s) twice in a row.

She can't kill anything above 6 strength, otherwise she kills herself (unless ressed by Shani).

PS. knowing that she is in the graveyard, you should definitely try to keep a few weaker units on the board.

4RM3D;n7722660 said:
Wait, what!?

She can't kill anything above 6 strength, otherwise she kills herself (unless ressed by Shani).

PS. knowing that she is in the graveyard, you should definitely try to keep a few weaker units on the board.

You are right, she did kill 15 total but not 7 + 8, was just an example XD

I learned with work with her at 4 str to decent effect. 6 is a really big improvement.. I'll say if they nerfed her to 5 I'd be perfectly fine with it, she was hardly touched by anyone else at 4 str though.

If she is so OP, please someone show me how to use her. I crafted her when the patch hit but now I think I wasted 800 scraps for such an unreliable and situational unit.

Combine her with Sabrina/Iris for great power swing or with aeromancy used to cripple as many opponent units as possibble. She may also be resurected by Shanni to increase range of her epidemic ftom 6 to basicaly unlimited.

If she is used with iris her strength increases to 9 before she does her second round of killings. Which can sometimes come in handy

What could be considered is the general rule that she only works with the two lowest units up to strength 6 (even if used with Shani). Could be that epidemic also needs an upper limit like that.

But I'm not sure yet. If you are playing against a removal heavy deck she might be tricky to play around in combination with Shani. Need to play against her more often though, to make up my mind. So far I don't have much of an issue with Pavetta myself.

4RM3D;n7722490 said:
Nobody even played Pavetta before the patch...

I played her before the patch many times with decoy or mardrome for the resurrect value and shani. 3-4 uses per game I was getting.

Chaob_N7;n7731420 said:
I played her before the patch many times with decoy or mardrome for the resurrect value and shani. 3-4 uses per game I was getting.

Well, you are a nobody, so my statement still holds true.

:smiling2:

Seriously though, I have never seen Pavetta in play. I know some ways she could have been used pre-patch, but never witnessed it. Same goes for the likes of Kambi and Ele'yas.

So if you keep Shani as your last card for round 3 and you always win?
Choose Pavetta for 5 + 8 Strenght, -2 enemies and Roach?

She is ridiculously OP with ZERO ways to counter her. I just had a game where the opponent used her 3 times and simply killed everthing on my side the board again and again. played, revived with shani, renew -> shani -> pavetta

She needs to be fleeting. Sorry this is a silver card that is far better than villentretenmerth or Shiru. Villentretenmerth one can stop with a clever play or dimiterium bomb + cleaver if necessary. Pavetta instantly triggers and cannot be stopped. The main problem is that pavettas ability is overpowered when she is a gold card and she can kill any non-gold unit on the battlefield no matter the strength.

Last edited:
Evilknievel82;n7785520 said:
She is ridiculously OP with ZERO ways to counter her. I just had a game where the opponent used her 3 times and simply killed everthing on my side the board again and again. played, revived with shani, renew -> shani -> pavetta

She needs to be fleeting or at least have a timer on herself. Sorry this is a silver card that is far better than villentretenmerth. Him you can stop with a clever play or dimiterium bomb + cleaver if necessary. The problem is that pavettas ability is overpowered when she is a gold card so she should be fleeting. or at least have a timer so you can counter her.

There are many options to fix her:

6 Strength -> 8 Strength
Kill 2 Lowest -> Kill 1 Lowest

Or

1 Turn Timer so you can kill her

Or

Banish when sent to graveyard

Or

Make her Gold

Top Bottom