How can I counter Skellige?

+
How can I counter Skellige?

Wtf Ciri Dash Discard is completly retarded deck.
Wtf is this leader who steals 2-3 for every single fuck*** card on batlefield, and works even in gold cards.
It's not fair. You basically need to have a whole deck to counter them (and even then it does not always works).
I honestly play just for fun, but I'm not having any fun playing this game currently.
I hope they balance it until open beta.

Last edited:
with other factions that steal all of my skellige graveyard out from under me, dwarves that are unbeatable without dimetrium bomb, monsters that throw weather like people throw seeds at weddings, not to mention kayran and a hundred spawning monsters that eat eachother and require half a deck of removal to counter, id say join the club of people with complaints.

roundert;n7941240 said:
with other factions that steal all of my skellige graveyard out from under me, dwarves that are unbeatable without dimetrium bomb, monsters that throw weather like people throw seeds at weddings, not to mention kayran and a hundred spawning monsters that eat eachother and require half a deck of removal to counter, id say join the club of people with complaints.

you're right, but i have to agree it feels bit too strong. i mean, considering how much people were complaining about pre-nerf Scoia tael deck thinning and this is way worse. with so much discard and draw mechanics u can draw your whole deck in round 2 and cards like Ciri dash become insanely powerful. iam not saying its OP or unbeatable or stuff like that, thats just not true, but sometimes it can be frustrating. i climb to rank 15 and like 60% of my oponents playing Bran, which sucks aswell.

Weather can kill the deck, Very rarely do they use Clear Skies so the only anti weather card they use the Armorsmith. Removing the Warships ASAP is another thing to do, without them they have no chance of winning round one

I find totally unbalanced to Skellige, especially frustrating what it is to expect when choosing a card, he winning by amount of cards in the hand .. the first and beginnings of the 2 shift, they go through modifying their deck to taste, and winning Extra cards, while you have to play cards if or if and you are staying with 6 cards and the one with 9 intact, (and still changing cards ..)

Also for each discard, there are cards that revive you alone, but the worst of the worst, is that you can manage your hand at ease with the cards you want.

The other op, is the leader DAGON of monsters, is broken, has the same ability "earomancy" in a leader of 200 scaps, also becomes unplayable with both weaver effects and immune to everything.

The last couple of days I encounter Skellige decks who using Kambi / Hjalmar in 3 round. Couldn't counter it with my decks .. any idea how to counter this combi ? in 3 round you do not have a lot of cards left in most of times. Before they drop Kambi they are using D-Bomb and shackles - so well... SHIT

Northernjester;n7945630 said:
I think a lot of issues being brought up here come down to a simple phrase.
"There's a card for that."

One card yes - but how to counter this 3/4 card combi ? Nearly unbeatable

LadyAly;n7945610 said:
The last couple of days I encounter Skellige decks who using Kambi / Hjalmar in 3 round. Couldn't counter it with my decks .. any idea how to counter this combi ? in 3 round you do not have a lot of cards left in most of times. Before they drop Kambi they are using D-Bomb and shackles - so well... SHIT
Don't let them reach round 3 (when they are stronger), or kill kambi if you can (d-shackles + alzur's thunder), or use silver spies if you have them, ambush cards....

LadyAly;n7945610 said:

Triss is also a good counter and goes in just about any deck.

LadyAly;n7945610 said:

Yeah, Kambi is spreading. However usually d-shackling Hjalmar does the trick. Also don"t play your golds too soon.

4RM3D;n7951250 said:
Eeewwwhhh... Get away from me! I don't want to catch it.

This + Sheldon == you owe me a new monitor. Or I just need to add these forums to the list of "do not ingest liquid while viewing" items.

As for Kambi, if I come up against Skellige, I do everything I can to make sure I have Triss available, even if I have to hold her until the last round. Those bloody warships can be a pain too, but possible to get around with various cards. Weather has been the most challenging to try and counter without having to have a deck devoted to clearing weather.

Masoterian;n7941580 said:
you're right, but i have to agree it feels bit too strong. i mean, considering how much people were complaining about pre-nerf Scoia tael deck thinning and this is way worse. with so much discard and draw mechanics u can draw your whole deck in round 2 and cards like Ciri dash become insanely powerful. iam not saying its OP or unbeatable or stuff like that, thats just not true, but sometimes it can be frustrating. i climb to rank 15 and like 60% of my oponents playing Bran, which sucks aswell.

I see where you're coming from, I do, but I've been playing skellige for a while and I still get beat often, cant get to lvl 10 because every time I buff someone they just steal them and get my buffing benefits. The bronze units aren't that great as stand alone compared to monsters/ nilfgard. The golds aren't that great either they are more support roles. Then you have other factions with leaders that give them a free play on their best card of their choosing, and they pull out the guy who res's the leaders and they do it again, they have very nice gold cards and their bronzes buff up real fast so they can stand alone if needed. Monsters even more and they just keep replicating while others get buffed when they replicate, they put out fog and twelve foglets come out in one turn.They have kayran and powerful golds, better than witchers, the crones. I was fine when they couldn't steal my units because all of my bronzes are weak with only support in indirect ways. The golds are really only worth around twelve a piece maybe, or on average. The other factions have one shot kill type golds that devastate the whole battlefield. This may be a lack of cards but I have many skellige golds and I'm generally not too fond of them unless the situation is favorable to them. Coral only works sometimes, and you better hope it comes up if you're gonna take coral and the push one with Geralt. Not to mention going through so many cards to discard means you have three to six units that really only help with the discard. If you run ciri they steal the queens guard, if you run with the Skirmisher they just let you buff him then steal him. Nilfard can steal my graveyard / and play them no less/ like five times, they use three of the regular ones, then decoy somehow get another shot at my graveyard, that takes a huge element away from skellige in my opinion as I'm not too fond of the axemen or self damage style.

devivre;n7951070 said:
Yeah, Kambi is spreading. However usually d-shackling Hjalmar does the trick. Also don"t play your golds too soon.

d-shackling hjialmar doesnt work,because they play hjialmar right before kambi triggers.

triss,vernon,Iorveth,radovid,or a combination of dimeritium and a removal spell on kambi does the trick though.

Had the Kambi in combination with Morkvarg and Ciri Dash today.... thats some really nasty combination. Guess I need more d-shackles.

Top Bottom