Need Some Advice to Beat Weather Decks

+
Need Some Advice to Beat Weather Decks

Someone please explain how to play against weather when you don't get the last card of the round. Let's just say you're against Dagon for instance and he has last card of the round...how do you win. It's not a debuf, D-bomb, or row buff all of which can be played around to an extent where in the worst case you just give them a significant numbers advantage, not instead you lose your entire largest row. To be completely honest the weather effect seems a bit over the top. Whether they make it half the stats on the row rounding down, or add neutral common tech cards that actually work, something needs to be done. Let's be honest any weather card can absolutely crap on you and win the game on its own if played at the right time, lets say the last card in a round, on the other hand if I fill my deck with first light just to counter weather you would expect me to crap on weather. That doesn't happen in the slightest, because cards like first light at best go 1 for 1. Honestly please blow my mind with a deck strat that wins against weather. I'm thinking maybe play an all weather deck myself buy play absolutely no weather cards, so when my opponent plays weather cards they have no effect but at the end of the day my deck would be more efficient simply because I'm not playing any weather. It just seems like such a cancerous effect for the game honestly. So lets say in general if I melee row stack and get slammed by weather let's say its a 30-40 point swing on a bronze card... that's cool whatever. So in response I D-bomb myself to stay even. So now we are even with me trading my 1 SILVER D-Bomb for one of his 3 BRONZE Frosts. He then plays another Frost for another 30-40 point swing. I response with my 1 SILVER Commanders Horn. And now I'm still at a disadvantage. So let's sum it up we just went two important SILVER cards for two BRONZE cards, and still lost the trade. Silly hmmmm. But it happens all the time. I would rather play against a deck filled only with Hawker Healers, since at least if I run a punishing card like D-Bomb it does exactly what you would expect, it punishes and it punishes hard. Weather punishes don't punish at all and that's the problem. Either nerf weather or put in some ACTUAL cards to punish weather, not go 1 for 1 with bronze cards at best. Thanks your guys rock, and I love the game the weather effect is just way to overpowering in my opinion right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spreading out your stuff does help a lot. Unless he goes round 3 with ragh they won't be able to flood the whole board. Usually if they retain CA they'll use dagon last to hit a lane specifically. Make sure you have your stuff not on a single row and try to kill as much stuff as possible to keep the power advantage even after the last weather.
If you play a row deck (example dwarves), i guess you just need to make sure to keep the CA or accept the loss.

p3wp3wp3w;n8144660 said:
Someone please explain how to play against weather when you don't get the last card of the round.

Honestly please blow my mind with a deck strat that wins against weather.

I'm thinking maybe play an all weather deck myself but play absolutely no weather cards, so when my opponent plays weather cards they have no effect but at the end of the day my deck would be more efficient simply because I'm not playing any weather.

no matter what faction you play, card advantage and a last card play is what any player wants. plan for that in every match. many times I've been 'winning' and lost because I lost CA or the last card play... it happens to all of us.

2 or 3 basic ways to deal with weather. buff through it or remove it. a combination of buff and remove at the right time seems to work well (obviously having weather immune cards helps if your faction has them). there is no magic bullet that will win against every deck/build, rock - paper - scissors (lizard - spock) is what keeps the game fun imo.

a weather deck with no weather cards actually sounds interesting. the problem is monster/weather decks are low point/str decks and rely on weather to 'control' your opponents overall points and also some cards need weather to gain points... ancient foglets.

that said, going with Dagon (for the 'damn, I wish I had a weather card right now' moment) and spamming removal/buff cards, lacerate, thunder, horn, ect, might be fun to try and not many players would see it coming.

TLDR: best way to learn how to beat a deck is to learn how to play it.

hope this helps and good luck

Top Bottom