Tactics against NR gold

+
Tactics against NR gold

I dont know about the rest of my NG brothers but Ive been getting completely decimated whenever i face NR gold. Every faction has those type of decks you can face and it definitely does take extra work to over come but I just cant bring NR gold down.

.Jve tried doing the bait and have them play 1/2 or about 3/4 of the combo to no avail. It just takes nothing for it to start snowballing and explode.

. Tried to focus on more Lacerate and going after soldiers but they are always pre buffed from triss butterfly.

. Locking margarita and they always have card in hand to unlock.

. Majority of the time when dumping spies, they get converted to gold and its basically a wasted d bomb on your own units to either bring them back with calveit or burning them witb meno.

. Using Letho is pretty much a priority to absorb Margaret or towers to stop the 20+ soldiers cranking out but have to get lucky and have him on first draw. But its hard to predict or time. You dont want to waste letho on soldiers because more are coming. After gold combo you have to d bomb to just set them to base, absorb and still find a way to retrive letho if you haven't already used shackles on margarat or towers.

Maybe im the only one or im completely missing an obvious how to manage this deck. I am completely stumped.

The true victory is when they have a perfect mulligan and you forfeit before they get to play it out. Just malevolent af.

2 wins out of 2 against henselt for me using assassination, auckles and d-shackles in my control nilf deck. Problem is i can't seem to win against anything else.

DMaster2;n8226010 said:
2 wins out of 2 against henselt for me using assassination, auckles and d-shackles in my control nilf deck. Problem is i can't seem to win against anything else.

Thats what makes it incredibly difficult. One of the main goals for any deck build is to contain the right balance to handle any situation. We can make a deck that specifically counters or stops NR gold but then you try and use the same deck on other factions...its not going to be fun.

Im glad im not the only one struggling against it.

Yea it's rough. I have little to no success unless they misplay. Is there any decks in which NR gold struggle against? Or is it just that strong all around?

If you aren't playing a heavy control deck, it's going to be difficult.

Margarita is still in range of 1 Alzur's Thunder. Similarly, Towers are still in range of Manticore Venom; don't Venom the towers if they only have one out, throw the Venom when the second tower comes out (or he uses Reinforce to get all 3, then venom all 3). Wait until he burns Shani to demote and lock with Shackles.

I've only lost to these new Henselt promote decks due to miscalculated tactics. Other than that I've been faring off quiet well against them. Their strength seems to be achieving the combo to promote. Any thing to slow them down makes them burn more cards. I'll sometimes continue to play cards just to make them use up more cards until they have a big enough lead.

Once they've pulled off their big combo, that's all they really have. Afterwards it's just fighting off the revives. Fake ciri has been a great ace up my sleeve. Had a Henselt opponent on the third round chain some combos and had a spare promote card in the siege field. I had a D-bomb left and couldn't use it so I passed. Opponent gave me, "Thanks" emote, then he passed and Ciri came back and I won. I could only imagine his frustration and the salt. That was pure satisfaction.

Bl00dGeist;n8219550 said:
I dont know about the rest of my NG brothers but Ive been getting completely decimated whenever i face NR gold. Every faction has those type of decks you can face and it definitely does take extra work to over come but I just cant bring NR gold down.

.Jve tried doing the bait and have them play 1/2 or about 3/4 of the combo to no avail. It just takes nothing for it to start snowballing and explode.

. Tried to focus on more Lacerate and going after soldiers but they are always pre buffed from triss butterfly.

. Locking margarita and they always have card in hand to unlock.

. Majority of the time when dumping spies, they get converted to gold and its basically a wasted d bomb on your own units to either bring them back with calveit or burning them witb meno.

. Using Letho is pretty much a priority to absorb Margaret or towers to stop the 20+ soldiers cranking out but have to get lucky and have him on first draw. But its hard to predict or time. You dont want to waste letho on soldiers because more are coming. After gold combo you have to d bomb to just set them to base, absorb and still find a way to retrive letho if you haven't already used shackles on margarat or towers.

Maybe im the only one or im completely missing an obvious how to manage this deck. I am completely stumped.

other thing from NR is beging OP is their sniping siege unit. we will lose so much STR and they keep debufing them, make them to gold.
which one do you think is better against them? playing spy or revealing card? revealing mean fighting snipe with snipe.
but NG snipe is limited in revealed card but NR snipe is OP @@

zeph08;n8257090 said:
I'll sometimes continue to play cards just to make them use up more cards until they have a big enough lead.

those strategy dont quite efficient here. while in TW3 that work perfectly against monster deck

A-com;n8229970 said:
Yea it's rough. I have little to no success unless they misplay. Is there any decks in which NR gold struggle against? Or is it just that strong all around?

maybe they need some work to make balance. they have high STR from dandelion and those silver drunken man while they can decrease a lot of STR

Last edited:
Since the latest patch spores now delete any buffs, return the unit to its base strength and then decrease it by 2. Very useful to play against siege towers (assuming they didn't converted into gold) at the end of the round to erase the opponent advantage.

I figured i would update my encounters with NR gold.

I have been doing a lot better matching against them. I decided to load up on d shacks and stick with auckes. With the ability to really thin our decks out with emissaries, i can keep the units on lock down.

You really have to force them to outplay there hand, if possible, do everything to win Round 1 and keep pressuring them at Round 2. One huge weakness of NR has is playing in Round 3 with less than 2 cards in there hand, unless they have Shani, then they have a small chance of beating you.

Top Bottom