SOLVED Sign-In Issue

+
Sign-In Issue

Launch GOG Galaxy. It signs in automatically. Launch Gwent from within Galaxy. Attempt to sign-in, but I'm advised that I can't sign in and need to launch Galaxy. Is there some sort of outage? Am I doing something wrong?

Please, how do I sign-in?

I apologize if this has been covered somewhere. A brief search didn't turn up anything.

Welcome to the Forums, accretor!

0.) Be sure you are selecting "Run as administrator" when launching the game.

1.) Please, ensure that Galaxy and the game are installed and fully updated.

2.) Run a verify / repair through GOG.

3.) Install all of the redistributable programs that come with the game. They can be found in the installation directory in a folder called redist.

If that still doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for your reply.

I followed all your suggestions with the exception of item 3. Since I installed the game through GoG Galaxy, I'm not sure where the installation directory is or if one still exists post-install. I did try completely uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't work either.

I'm still not able to sign in.

Just do search on your computer to find "Gwent". Open the folder, find redist, and install those programs. This issue is usually just an API or something that needs to be updated.

I must be missing something. The game is installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Gwent but there is no redist folder.

I've attached a listing of the directory tree so you can see I'm not crazy. ;)

Attachments

• gwentdir.txt
    55.5 KB · Views: 116
Meh...not sure. Something may have changed. You can always manually go get them:

Install / repair all of the following from Microsoft.com: DirectX 11 or 12, DirectX 9.0c, .NET Framework, Visual C++, and Visual Studio. For C++ and Studio, install all versions going back to 2010.

Good to have them installed even if they don't fix this issue.

Update: This issue is now resolved. It turns out Trustport Antivirus was interfering with Gwent signing in for some reason. Now that I have reinstalled that antivirus, Gwent is working great. I finally got to play!

Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom