Match goes on Forever / Timer doesn't run out

+
Timer runs out

Hi,

as you see in the picture the game Timer runs out on opponents turn."Unlucky" in a game he already lost.At least in 95% of cases.

i dont think its a bug and in case of cheat im a little mad to give him the victory.he dont quit anyway until now.
I post this here for bug/cheat reporting since there isnt any other way than quit or wait for me i think.

Thanks for reading anyway.

Edit:

Platform PC

Attachments

• photo138800.jpg
    photo138800.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Match goes on Forever / Timer doesn't run out

On the opponent's turn they played their last card, which tied the round. I won the first round so I should have won the match. The opponent was able to leave the game normally I believe because they gave me scraps right away. When I try to escape->forfeit, nothing happens. I had to alt-f4 to leave. The rounds didn't count when I logged back in.

Attachments

• photo141080.png
    photo141080.png
    477.9 KB · Views: 131
Came here to post about this exact issue. Basically, what happens is: your opponent forfeits, and if he gives you GG - you can see it, but game won't take you to the results screen.

This is what happens afterwards in my experience with this bug:

-If I stay on board and wait enemy turn timer to expire, game bugs out and tells me my connection was lost and I lost the match. And indeed acts as if lost, including MMR deduction.

-If I Alt+F4 and log back in, game properly acts as if I won, including MMR gain.

So, if you're absolutely sure that you didn't gain daily progress after this bug happened, then I guess YMMV. But I still would recommend Alt+F4 in this case.

P.S. Report sent.

The only stat I was watching was the number of rounds one for the day so it is possible that I received other rewards, but I didn't receive the round wins. I'm not sure what time of day the daily resets either so that could have been a factor.

I'm currently waiting for 10 minutes for a player to play his card.

I'm playing against what I believe to be a child, that isn't playing any card at all for the past 10 minutes. The 30s penalty already took place and discarted a card from his hand, but still his turn and he hasn't passed or played a card for the last 10 minutes.

I don't know if it is a bug, or plain childish behavior. Still I think Projekt Red should do something about it. The username is: *********, be aware of this, and I sure hope the devs fix that so it doesn't become a standard toxic behavior.

Thank you for your time!

Last edited by a moderator:
PackingMoney;n8739400 said:
It could also be your connection that is the problem and not his.

Then I would've been disconected, or received a loss, or the game would have crashed.

But since I'm still in that match right now, I am online as you can see right now, and still his turn.

AND he received the 30s card penalty, implying that he was online and didn't play his card.

Naming and shaming is never acceptable, you should remove the name of the player from your post

As for the issue, it's probably due to a bug\glitch with gwent or him having connection problems rather than something he or she did on purpose. The game is still in Beta.
Reporting the issue should be done in the tech forum.

ALT F4 to save a defeat?

Hi,

I know the servers are experiencing a lot of issues (ddos attack and all).
But, just played versus a guy, it is obvious that he is gonna lose and that he is frustrated with his spying nilf game that got locked. I am waiting bad manner and indeed the ropes come making him look like he disconnected harshly from the game.
The problem is the game never finished, it froze after the rope got to 0.
Name of the guy is *******, did people find a way to cancel lost games like it sometimes happened on other game? (thinking about use of ddos attack on purpose to cancel match result, won't say which game but a pretty famous one).

In that case, can dev look into it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not post usernames on the forum. If you suspect someone of cheating please contact support and let them know. There seems to be various disconnect issues going on right now. So, your opponent may not have done it intentionally.

Just experienced this bug. Third round, opponent played first light (rally), got a measly 2 strength combat engineer and I guess during placement of it forfeited. At this point I was stuck in the match, I saw his GG message pop up, but I could do nothing except using my emotes and manually quitting the game.

Edit: Just happened again (one day later), again in round 3. My opponent just auto passed because of no cards in hand and my grave hag was about to do a consume, then he forfeited and I got his gg message but was stuck. Could only emote again, timer eventually ran to 0 (nothing happened afterwards, it was stuck on 0) and I manually quit the game.

Last edited:
I just got this issue, not even at the very end of the game. The opposing player seemed to hover over one card continuously and no forfeit, no GG no disconnect happened. I won the first round and probably I could easily won the 2nd. I did alt+f4 after watching the screen for 15 minutes, and after relogging the game counted as a victory, including daily progress and MMR. Thought I would won the match I think my opponent forfeited but somehow that didn't get to me.

[Connection Issues] A problem/inconsistency with the local client

I did quick look and this was the closest thread i could find on the subject, but it didn't have a concrete answer, only the usual reinstall, verify etc etc..

Has anybody been experiencing connection issues that whereby on your opponents turn the timer will run down to 0 and just stay there. no discard, nothing.
Sometimes after a while the game suddenly kicks back into life, and the card my opponent played (obviously much earlier) is played, but then i disconnect and get an error message along the lines of:
"A problem has occurred with the local client that prevents the game from continuing, ending the game", sometimes it's an "inconsistency with the local client"
However more often I have to open task manager to end the exe manually

This has been happening in about 50% of my games, if not higher.
And i have only had these issues since open beta began.

Now i have reinstalled, verified game files, even changed from the hard drive to SSD, checked my firewall, reinstalled all c++ redistributes, and nothing.
and as far as i know there is nothing wrong with my internet connection.

Any help is greatly appreciated as this is exceedingly frustrating.

Game Freezes After Mulligan Phase

Bug Gwent.png.jpg

So yeah, basically I go in a ranked game, Mulligan 1 card, cant mulligan anymore for some reason, so Im like okay, whatever click finish redraw and the game freezes while the timer goes to 0 and stays there forever, this is the second time I get this, is pretty annoying to be forced to lose a game for no reason (this time I got the win, but it still doesn't feel right), but at least the first time the desync message appeared and I got to the endgame screen, now im stuck in the board looking at the timer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom