Box Art leaked

+
This is some damn generous edition, Thank you so much CD Projekt RED. :victory:
We love you. :cheers:

Guest 2686910

We do love them, but that boxart, man... Cringeworthy, really.

Yeah the boxart looks really generic imao especially the white background, hopefully CDP Red will change it.

Otherwise, yeah the content is great, thanks CDPR :cheers:

I vouch for a new cover guys. Some gamers browsing through the retailers may skip TW3 just by the cover art alone as they are not as inform as us hardcore gamer being online absorbing news, previews and reviews 24/7. I really want CDProjekt to succeed in the console market especially with the high quality titles they put out.

Making this the cover:

or this:

would have been better. Obviously with some minor changes.

Still waiting to see this confirmed by the official stream.

Buuuut, if that is indeed the cover art, I must agree it looks pretty meh. The one that's sitting on Amazon right now, I thought, was honestly perfect. Just replace the old logo with the new one & it was good to go.

I think its better to see the cover art image in High Quality before dismissing it.

It looks sleek so far.

Last edited:
Why...why did I click on this?! I hate spoilers like this.
Generic box art is generic. :p At least Geralt is a f*cking badass. I was hoping for more paper crafts, but can't complain, still nice for a standard edition.

Making this the cover:

or this:

would have been better. Obviously with some minor changes.

This so much. I hope this white background cover art is not the final version. It's so ugly and generic to be honest. What are they thinking? Both those images are so much better. Light years better.

I'm just tired of this 'hero-in-your-face' type of covers everywhere. I know the game will be (partly) focusing on Geralt's personal story, but still. Even Dragon Age: Inquisition has a somewhat more creative cover art.

The first game's cover is a great example of how to do it tastefully. But anyway, the game's quality does not depend on the cover, so I should just shut up now I guess.

Last edited:
I'm just tired of this 'hero-in-your-face' type of covers everywhere. I know the game will be (partly) focusing on Geralt's personal story, but still. Even Dragon Age: Inquisition has a somewhat more creative cover art.

The first game's cover is a great example of how to do it tastefully. But anyway, the game's quality does not depend on the cover, so I should just shut up now I guess.

True but an amazing boxart does make for some fun in itself and the boxart of TW1 is so much better than that generic TW3 cover.
I am still assuming that it is mock up though, I can not imagine CD Projekt having that thing as a boxart.

I can, TW2's cover didn't look too different.
The only difference being we actually know the quality of CDPR's games so we don't have to bet it on the coverart since we've already seen the exact same happening.

We don't have to be in hopeful 'denial' that the coverart is only to attract potential buyers and not representative of the game's direction *cough*Bioshock Infinite*cough*

We didn't even see this one hi-res and I see some people complaining about hero boxarts while asking for one(just with a different image that looks better cuz high res)

Plus don't forget collector's edition will be different (most of us here are getting that one anyway)

I did not say that the other 'hero-cover' would be (much) better. And honestly, I don't think seeing it in high resolution would change anything. It's Geralt of Rivia staring at you angrily while pulling out his sword...and it will be the same in hi-res.

There was a nice article by Irrational games about why they chose "generic white guy with gun" as their cover for Bioshock Infinite and gave "conoisseurs" an arty flip cover/alternate cover for the special edition......just simple human psychology, we will pick up the game "almost" no matter what, covers/PR is for people undecided.

Top Bottom