[Mod Request] E3 Hud

+
Don't know how much you found but I know it's possible to change icons of items and if you could change some icons to the E3 icons (or also the bombs to the way they were in older versions)...

that would be cool.

is this the path to hud files, right? content\gameplay\gui_new\guirsrc i'm asking because i have no idea how to open the hud and menu files beside editing with w3edit
mmm i have found the radial menu icons for signs in the texture cache files but i want the old radial menu, does anybody have any clue how to bring it back?

Hyadum;n8445130 said:
I used this tool http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum...l-cache-reader by traderain . I basically exported all the textures caches of content folders (so content0, content1, content2 and so on..) and just went looking for the map textures files.

Also Mod editor to export sfw files and then jpexs to open them and see what they are about.

Thanks so much for heading me in the right direction, i appreciate the help. I found a ton of map tiles (you've probably found almost all of them but at least I know how to look for other textures faster now so thanks again)

Assuming the over-world map tiles are also used for the minimap i figured I'd mess around with the coloring a little trtying to recapture the e3 dwnwarren/mixed with a little bit of novigrad minimap color scheme. I'm gonna see if I can get it to work in game too.

linaswas_001;n8447470 said:
In my opinion, something like this would be better. Little bit more of red I would say. But since you find whole map I guess you'll be able to make more variants, looking forward to that.

Haha damn there are so many different inspirations to take from, even the minimap completely changed depending on area and time of day.

It's funny you posted that Map because I was actually gonna use this other map from e3 as a reference if the minimap and invenory map could be different.

erxv;n8393110 said:
ts all possible... just extract the swf from the redswf files and edit them with jpexs editor... thats how i made this:

and this:

(not the medallion... thats an actual object, but the removal of the wolf icon and the added grey "thing" left of the healthbar and the placement of everything was changed in the swf file)

@erxv I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs so sorry if this is painfully basic to you but where did you find the redswf files that you then used to edit/change the HUD icons?

Also I was wondering, since completely rewriting event triggers or interactions is way above my skill level do you think it would be possible to more or less just change textures and icons with pre-existing ones so they are already scripted and only the appearances change as an easier way to try and re-image the overall inventory design to be like the e3 inventory?

MrMoonshoes;n8448450 said:
where did you find the redswf files that you then used to edit/change the HUD icons?

with the mod editor, every single redswf file is under gameplay\gui_new\swf\ open the .redswf with mod editor and export the swfResource, then once done editing you can import it back into the same swfResource... i think u can now also open the .redswf itself with jpexs but i dont know if it will actually function afterwards...

MrMoonshoes;n8448450 said:
Also I was wondering, since completely rewriting event triggers or interactions is way above my skill level do you think it would be possible to more or less just change textures and icons with pre-existing ones so they are already scripted and only the appearances change as an easier way to try and re-image the overall inventory design to be like the e3 inventory?

well yeah, i wouldnt imagine doing it any other way... all the buttons and objects are there, all you gota do is position them. to make them look different is a matter of changing their textures, all possible in jpexs...

although i do remember that the inventory menu (the only menu to be like this) completely breaks if you try to add it as a mod, even if you just add it to the mod and dont change a thing it will break... not sure how to get around this... or maybe i just suck...

Last edited:
@erxv Damn that's what I was afraid of..I'm pretty sure I uncooked just fine with no failures but apparently not because I don't have an "swf" folder.

in one of your earlier posts you said

erxv;n8444070 said:
redswf files cant be uncooked with wcc_lite, use the mod editor or quickbms

When you say mod editor are you refereing to Sacren's Mod Editor?

erxv;n8448520 said:
although i do remember that the inventory menu (the only menu to be like this) completely breaks if you try to add it as a mod

hmm I know there are a couple mods on nexus that replace the general backround image of all the menus including inventory or is that something completely different?

thanks for the info btw

MrMoonshoes;n8448570 said:
When you say mod editor are you refereing to Sacren's Mod Editor?

yes

hmm I know there are a couple mods on nexus that replace the general backround image of all the menus including inventory or is that something completely different?

thats just a general background image... it applies to all menus automatically if the menu is called with the function RequestMenuWithBackground() and the background name is 'CommonMenu'

erxv;n8448520 said:
well yeah, i wouldnt imagine doing it any other way... all the buttons and objects are there, all you gota do is position them. to make them look different is a matter of changing their textures, all possible in jpexs...

Wait you CAN mod textures inside JPEXS? Or I misunderstood you? If I got that right, can you explain how to do this?

@erxv Damn that's what I was afraid of..I'm pretty sure I uncooked just fine with no failures but apparently not because I don't have an "swf" folder.

I also first didn't have a swf folder but when I uncooked the game again with Modkitchen and used "dumpswf" and now I have it :) Might wanna try that :p

Hyadum;n8449510 said:
Wait you CAN mod textures inside JPEXS? Or I misunderstood you? If I got that right, can you explain how to do this?

you cant export any existing textures from a redswf, they are mostly red squares for example, this is how the wolfstatsbar (healthbar) textures look when u first open them:

but u can replace them with your own textures, and then u can actually see a bit what you are doing... like these textures were added by me to the enemy healthbar swf

So you basically hit replace with your texture inside the swf file and they will appear there instead of the red squares? (just like the inventory background trick?)

Alright, thanks for the hints! I'll try and see what I can understand and do XD

Textures imported in should be .dds files right?

EDIT: No nvm, no dds supported when importing <.<'

Last edited:
Dude, you're amazing! Also another litte question: to change that weather icon I looked at the dependant characters and sprites and guess it was that one (was right :D) but is there a way to know which sprite is for example rainy day and which one snowy day? Or is it trial and error?

http://imgur.com/A2WnCi8

Last edited:
Top Bottom