Sharing coins with hungry children in the middle of nowhere WTF?

+
Sharing coins with hungry children in the middle of nowhere WTF?

Wow, so apparently, I gain more experience by sharing coins with hungry children that haven't had anything to eat for a week rather than food, way to go CDP Red oO.

Eh!? Haha that's mental!

Yeah I'm like what the fuck, that poor girl complaining about having eaten half a charred squirrel and a hand full of berries a week ago and I get extra points for giving her coins ? I mean, Gerald's dialog is particularly hilarious, since he professes that he has no food with him and can only give them coins. In addition to the difficulty of earning coins in this game, this is outrageously inhumane and vicious. But hey lol, a game with focus on choices gives you the weirdest rewards ever.

Fuck the experience points, i'll give em food, dear morally degenerate quest system.

Last edited:
It is odd, but not worthy of a rant. And lets not joke about raping little girls, or anyone, but children especially.

Do you not get points for giving them food?

I gave coins right off when I came upon this quest. My reasoning was that a bit of food now will feed them today, while coin will allow them to eat for awhile - maybe even be able to move somewhere across the Pontar. Who knows. When I came back they were nowhere to be found - so either they found a better life or bandits learned they had money and came in. I'll probably never know.

Do you not get points for giving them food?

I gave coins right off when I came upon this quest. My reasoning was that a bit of food now will feed them today, while coin will allow them to eat for awhile - maybe even be able to move somewhere across the Pontar. Who knows. When I came back they were nowhere to be found - so either they found a better life or bandits learned they had money and came in. I'll probably never know.

No they simply disappear even if you don't talk to them.

Where is this quest located? I didn't come across them.

here you go

Attachments

• quest.jpg
    quest.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:
Wow, so apparently, I gain more experience by sharing coins with hungry children that haven't had anything to eat for a week rather than food, way to go CDP Red oO.

I'm a bit late, but 25 gold is waaaaaaaaay more food than just whatever you have on hand according to the NPCs that talk about 10 gold being what an entire village can put together to pay a witcher for a contract. 25 gold would pay for their food over a very long period of time.

I'm a bit late, but 25 gold is waaaaaaaaay more food than just whatever you have on hand according to the NPCs that talk about 10 gold being what an entire village can put together to pay a witcher for a contract. 25 gold would pay for their food over a very long period of time.

Kids travelling in the wild during wartime with gold coins in their pockets, I don't think it's a wise choice.
I didn't give them gold simply because I thought they couldn't find anywhere to spend the coins.
Yet either way, when I returned, they were nowhere to be seen, and there were blood stains near the campfire.
In summary, FUCK THE WAR!!

Last edited:
Kids travelling in the wild during wartime with gold coins in their pockets, I don't think it's a wise choice.
I didn't give them gold simply because I thought they couldn't find anywhere to spend the coins.
Yet either way, when I returned, they were nowhere to be seen, and there were blood stains near the campfire.

I could have gone my entire life without knowing the children get murdered.

I fed them. Food immediately would be more important than coins, especially in the middle of nowhere.

I thought the food/coin choice was mainly in case you didn't want to give up your healing food. Both choices make sense in that Geralt isn't going to sit there and babysit the kids to make sure nobody steals the food or coin.

Best part is - Geralt gives them 50 crowns..while bottle of water in this game costs ~48
:hai:

Best part is - Geralt gives them 50 crowns..while bottle of water in this game costs ~48
:hai:

That's a fair price for clean water, seeing as in historical medieval times water would and could actually kill you if you didn't boil it first or make beer with it. People across europe in medieval times would actually drink what was known as "small beer" instead of water as water was untreated and full of pathogens and diseases that would kill you. Water from wells and springs was of course drunk and people settled around sources of fresh clean water, like wells, springs and streams, but water from ponds and rivers almost certainly was not drunk.

From sca.org :-

"Water
Water was rarely drunk due to the difficulties in obtaining clean drinking water (typhoid and other water-borne diseases were highly prevalent). If water had to be drunk, spring water was preferred, as it was less likely to cause disease than river water or still water (pond water). Water was also believed to be bad for the digestion, as they believed that it would chill the stomach and hinder digestion of food.

Wine
Wine was believed to be very good for the health, and was commonly drunk with meals as it was also readily produced in many areas in Europe, and easily transported and stored. Good quality wines were the most popular mealtime drink of nobility, although poorer people could sometimes afford low quality wines.

Some wines contained a lower percentage of alcohol, and thus were more suitable for drinking relatively large volumes without intoxication (French fishermen were allotted a ration of 2.5-3 litres of wine per day!).

It was recommended that children under the age of 5 didn't drink wine, as ,it would curdle the milk they were drinking, while children under the age of 14 should drink wine which had been watered down to make it less potent.

Both red and white wine produced from grapes were popular, but wine could also be produced from other fruits (anything containing sugar can be used to produce wine).

Spiced Wines
Spiced or mulled wines were also enjoyed. These were used as an aperitif, or to clear the palate after a meal. Spiced wines were also believed to have medicinal qualities.

Hippocras was a red wine which was flavoured with spices such as ginger, cinnamon, sugar, cloves, galingale or nutmeg. Claret was a spiced wine which was often made from a white wine, and was flavoured with cloves, nutmeg, mace, caraway, ginger, pepper and other spices.

Beers and Ales
Beer and ales were very popular drinks, although they were generally consumed by lower class people rather than the nobility (who generally preferred drinking wine).

Beer was made from grains such as oats, wheat, barley or rye, while hops were not added to beer in England until after their introduction to England in 1525 (although they had previously been used in beer production in Flanders for several hundred years). Hops add a bitter taste to beer, so most medieval beers would have lacked the bitter taste of modern beers.

Ales could also be flavoured with spices, similar to spiced wines. These spiced ales were called "braggots".

Mead
Mead is produced by fermenting a honey and water mixture. Mead could also be flavoured with various spices, either during production or immediately before drinking. Mead was considered to be an ideal drink for invalids by the physicians of the time.

Cider and other fruit juices
Fruit juices were drunk as either fresh fruit juice, or were fermented to produce alcoholic drinks like cider or perry.

Cider is produced from whole apples, while perry is produced from pears. Murrey comes from blackberries or black mulberries, while prunelle is made from plums. A more unusual fruit juice is made from ground and strained pomegranate seeds.

Milk
Milk was not popular as a drink for adults- its use was generally confined to young children. Kumiss, which is an alcoholic drink made from fermented mare's milk, was popular in the Middle East, but was only drunk in European countries when recommended by a physician.

Tea & Coffee
Tea & coffee were not commonly drunk in Europe during our time period. Herbal infusions were sometimes drunk for their medicinal qualities, but tea was not commonly drunk until after the medieval period. Coffee was extremely popular in the Middle-East, and was introduced to Constantinople in 1554, but did not become popular throughout Europe for another 100 years."

Last edited:

I could have gone my entire life without knowing the children get murdered.

Actually the bloodstains are there whilst the children are still alive. If you examine the blood geralt says they roasted a dog as they were hungry. There is no way of knowing what happened to the children but it is likely they moved on.

I wish Geralt could get every orphan Child he finds to Novigrad orphanage.

Would gladly spend my coin in that.

Thanks for reminding people of all this, @Walshy71 . I'll only add the observation, that, while reliable sanitary water was indeed an issue during the Middle Ages, and there is historical report that alcohol was favoured over it (for a variety of reasons), the point remains that common water is a generally unremarkable and thoroughly unexciting beverage. Even in the present day, people only really drink it because they know they should, however, when given the choice of coffee, juice, energy drinks, soft drinks, beer, wine, or liquor, people will usually prefer these over plain water. My reading of mediaeval texts, and knowledge of human behaviour, leads me to suspect that it wasn't so much a case of the people invariably not being able to drink the water, as simply not wanting to drink it. The suggestion that water was held in low opinion in mediaeval Europe gives a -- possibly, slightly inaccurate -- impression that they spent the entire 10 centuries in a state of perpetual intoxication, drinking only alcoholic liquids. While this may have been the case, to a degree, nevertheless, wine and beer remain much more interesting beverages, with more immediately appealing effects, than ordinary well-water.

As to the topic at hand -- whether moral or not -- giving money to children is definitely more of a learning experience than simply giving them food.

Last edited:
Top Bottom