Are there some hostile Cave Trolls in the game?

+
Are there some hostile Cave Trolls in the game?

I need a Cave Troll Liver for an oil.
I met 3 Cave Trolls in Deadly Plot quest, but I didn't kill them because they weren't hostile.
So...are there some hostile Cave Trolls in the game?

You want Rabid Cave Trolls. There's three in a cave on Skellige, another in a cave near Novigrad, plus more scattered about.

Save before you attack them so if they don't drop the liver you can try again.

Last edited:
There's also the workshop on Skellige where you get the mastercraft tools for the Crow's Pearch smith and the one in the Skellige Witcher quest which I think was in one of the DLCs. If I remember correctly there are also some up in the Mountains in the abandoned Brewery which you travel to on part of a quest for that Druid. So yes, there's quite a few but they're mostly confined to Skellige's islands.

In Velen there is a sign post called Crossroads. Near there is a bridge where bandits first appear. But after clearing out the bandits a cave troll respawns. You can farm this guy for the liver. He is low level so easy to defeat.

BTW this is south of the Ancient Oak.

After 1.12 patch is there a place where I can get Troll Livers.
I killed all hostile Trolls and opted to not kill many in quests.
Now no new Trolls spawn in the game. Can someone fix this ? or change the requirement of oils requiring the item?

I've only killed a couple of trolls during my first playthrough (one during the Lord of Undvik and the other one during the Runewright quest in the cave where you need to collect some jade) as you know they are my brethren, heheh...

Do Cave Trolls respawn ?

There was one troll that used to respawn here http://gaminggix.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/TrollMap.jpg

However, the patched this so now there are no respawning trolls in the game as far as I know.

Now no new Trolls spawn in the game. Can someone fix this ? or change the requirement of oils requiring the item?

I have also avoided killing trolls, and that's why I don't have Superior Ogroid Oil. Devs are probably not going to fix this, however, since you mentioned a possible fix, there are mods that can change the required ingredients to make enhanced/superior oils. For example you have this very minor mod that alows you to use Cyclops Eye instead of Cave Troll Liver http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1065/?

Alternatively, you can try your luck with Ice Trolls. They may drop Cave Troll Liver, but the drop is random, so you might want to save your game when you find one and try to farm it.

After few hrs of searching I found a rock troll here in the wild. I have exhausted every other option to get a Troll Liver. Hope this gets Fixed in the next patch or I will have to find one in Toussaint.

There are 4 cave trolls in kaer mohren. 3 when you travel up the mountain with lambert. Don't remember the name of the quest, but it's something about collecting the elements in that box Ciri had. The other one is in a cave at the end of the river. I think north, I think the name of quest is "monster killer" something like that. I know this isn't very detailed, but it's a general guide. They all drop livers. Hope this helps.. I've finally got all my potions, oils and decoctions. Yay!! Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK ON THE PATH, my fellow witchers.

Top Bottom