Question about suddenly getting "free" Food

+
Question about suddenly getting "free" Food

Does anyone else notice that the game gives you a free "Banana" and "Sweet Bun" if you use up all your food at the start of the game? is this intentional or is this a glitch?

Nothing major just something i noticed and for some reason wanted to ask about heh.

Merry X-mas btw 12mid night here already!

Nope it was on Death march, i asked because when fighting those damn ghouls i ate through what food i had and noticed a banana and sweet bun afterwards lol

Tried it on a new game at normal difficulty same thing i got a free banana and sweet bun after eating through the starting 2 water and 5 bread :D

I guess the game just likes me and is giving me freebies lol

For reference playing on PC via Steam.

Last edited:
Ancient thread, but I have to share what I found out. I'm at the start of a new game, currently level 1 without having gone to the inn. I noticed the banana and sweet bun had seemingly randomly appeared in my inventory at some point (they weren't there when I ate some bread to heal Ghoul scratches). Now, I've noticed the two items several times in the past, but this time decided to find out the exact moment of their appearance.

I reloaded earlier saves until I found one that didn't have the banana and sweet bun, and experimented some. The result? After I'd eaten all five starting breads and closed the inventory, the banana and sweet bun appeared. I hadn't drunk either of the starting waters. I reloaded and tried consuming four breads and one water, but the banana and sweet bun did not appear.

What I don't know is if it's some kind of a "limited offer"; maybe you only get the extra items if you consume all five breads before reaching level 2. Or maybe you need to eat the breads before visiting the inn in White Orchard (where you may get those free roasted chicken legs).

PS. PC, GOG GotY version 1.31

Top Bottom