Petition to CDPR # Bring a third Expansion. We will pay for it!!!

+

Petition to CDPR # Bring a third Expansion. We will pay for it!!!

• Yes

Votes: 134 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree that a 3rd Add-On should be released, but it is 100% not likely that CDPR will touch this game again. :cirisad:

If we as people ever manage to convince em to indeed release a 3rd and final expansion,since 3 is always the magical number. I believe they can release it pretty quickly. They already worked on Iorveth and his Elves years prior and cut him off only 1 year before release so I doubt it's gonna take em a while to make up content. Here's a bit of information I found on a post in reddit about cut off Content on Iorveth/Scoia'tel.

Also here's some stuff about Iorveth's development

Iorveth's role was quite important to the original script from 2014. He was a main character

He was cut from the game somewhere around Feb 2014, along with a bunch of other content. He would have appeared in at least 6 quests (Pyres of Novigrad. Get Junior, a deleted large Novigrad side-quest titled sq305-Scoia'tael, another cut one called sq309-Investigation, The Battle of Spoiler, and Final Preparations). Geralt would find him in Novigrad. sq309-Investigation would have involved him hiding in a basement of a house in the non-human district, playing his flute (using the same song - Stella Splendens - from his intro in TW2). The in-progress asset list was very particular about that song, that quest would have also featured an Elven Portal, it's not specified what it would be used for.

A part of the cut Scoia'tael side quest would have involved Isengrim and two other Scoia'tael commanders. The only one that actually made it into the game was Vernossiel, the commander in the Woodland Beast quest. I doubt that was her original role, as Woodland Beast isn't mentioned in the 2014 files.

He would helped Geralt find Triss too. They would go to her house together. This makes a lot of sense depending on your choices in TW2, as Triss can save his life in the epilogue. No doubt that he would have felt that he owed her one. He would also have had connections with the criminal underground, knowing both The King of Beggars and Cleaver. They would also have been dialogue scenes with Roche, Iorveth and Geralt at the docks. A bug report from the Alpha states that the writers needed to further explain the relationship dynamic between them, and why they wanted to kill each other. (spotkanie z Iorwethem - musimy jasno okreslic relacje Roche-Iorweth, chca sie zabic? jakie sa miedzy niemi relacja?)

He was also listed in the in progress Prima Guide.

CDPR also said that he would be in the game.
Everyone will appear in a little bit of different situation than in TW2. For example, time's are changing, and there is no Scoia'tael like there was before. Iorveth is also not the man he was before.
The file names for the dialogue scenes between Letho, Roche and Ves in-game are actually still called 'content8/quests/part_2/quest_files/q403_battle/scenes/q403_10_letho_vs_roche_iorweth.w2scene'. Iorweth is the Polish name for Iorveth.

CDPR never changed the file names because logically, they thought no one would ever see them. Ves was actually only added in late 2014, replacing Iorveth in two KM scenes. It's my speculation that he would have Spoiler

All of this is also why there's a Scoia'tael Gwent deck in-game, when the Scoia'tael themselves don't actually appear. They were meant to at one point, and the Gwent art was completed quite early into development. Unfortunately, the REDs refuse to comment to me on why they were cut so late.

Yeiiow;n8420710 said:
Rather than a 3rd expansion i much rather thave a proper Enhanced Edition like the previous games did.

Would that include all the cut off content such as Iorveth&Kovir&monsters?

With Netflix series coming out next year, this is a time for a suprise new DLC?

I dont know about you guys, but personally ill still like to see the content that was cut from the game, Ioverth, Ves, Roche, Thaler storylines as they were meant to be, and Saskia (althought i think she should have been on BaW).

I now they are bussy with other projects, but i have no idea why a 3rd DLC was never considered, this is now the perfect time to do it, ill buy it, and i think im not the only one.

As far as I know, the Netflix series has nothing to do with the games, nor are CDPR involved in any way in its production. Although it might increase game sales nevertheless. However, I doubt a third expansion would be made, the existing two were planned long in advance and were already in pre-production before the release of the base game, they need to fit into main game in terms of story and gameplay (leveling etc.). On the other hand, there are rumors that a new game to be released after Cyberpunk 2077 is in some early stage of development, it could even be a new Witcher (the only official information is that another "AAA RPG" is planned until 2021). In that case, going back to Wild Hunt would be even less likely. Not to mention there are also the single player GWENT campaigns currently in development.

Yes i know the series has nothing to do with the games, it is still a good moment to launch something new.

I really missed Saskia but I'd prefer if CD Projekt RED focus on Cyberpunk 2077 now and not a third big DLC for The Witcher III.

I think CD Projekt Red should make a 3rd expansion pack for the Wild Hunt, it could be called Rise of the White Wolf and it should include both the 1st and the Assassin of Kings story.

I would be happy with even one last Monster Contract, but an impossible contract. One that Geralt takes knowing it would probably mean his own death. Because the only way to defeat this monster would be to sacrifice his own life.
I'd want this to be the most brutal, dark and horrific monster contract we have ever seen in the Witcher games, as well as the books. One that will keep you awake for nights after playing it, absolutely devastated.

I loved Blood & Wine, but it bothers me that it all ended on such a "happy" note. In the sunshine, enjoying the countryside of Toussaint...no Witcher has ever died in his bed. Geralt sure as hell shouldn't be the first!

WalteriusMaximus;n8754230 said:
I loved Blood & Wine, but it bothers me that it all ended on such a "happy" note. In the sunshine, enjoying the countryside of Toussaint...no Witcher has ever died in his bed. Geralt sure as hell shouldn't be the first!

He can still appear again in future game(s), who knows if Blood and Wine is really the end. Although I think there would again be a happy ending.

I visited the forum just to open a thread like this and I have founded this thread.
I absolutely want more witcher 3...

Shivansps;n8564160 said:
I now they are bussy with other projects, but i have no idea why a 3rd DLC was never considered, this is now the perfect time to do it, ill buy it, and i think im not the only one.

Because it wasn't profitable. While console players are happy with the game in its current status (because most of them don't even know a thing about the other games) PC players have been the core of the critics which are the main the reason for a 3rd DLC (basically because they were those who bought the other two games in the first place and knew about the characters and stories that are missing) . The thing is that now we are like 20% of sales so even if all of us would had bought this DLC there is not enough money

Once we were replaced for consoles, they didn't have the need of us or to deliver the content promised to those were following the development (most of them, again, PC players)

Last edited:
WalteriusMaximus;n8845390 said:
Pure speculation. Unless you have actual figures to show us how it would not be profitable?

The only data I can show you are these ones: TW2 total sales: 4.4 million copies. TW3: 25 millions copies (both figures collected after two years of the releasement of each game).

Which was the difference? Consoles. and what are they? 80% new players. What profitability woud have had doing a 3rd expansion in order to satisfy the demands of some critics that, at the same time, are PC players? The stories within this new content wouldn't have interested console players because almost all of them didn't know anything about the plots of TW1 or TW2

And just for the record, I'm not defending this position, just explaining it. In fact, I think that most of those who asked for changes for the past two years were people who have supported this game and CDProjekt from the very beggining and they, we deserved better than just lies and being ignored. The problem is that now we are a small proportions on the economic balance we used to be the whole.

Only when your money count, you are listened. It's something I've learned here

Last edited:
Sam2305;n8847880 said:
The only data I can show you are these ones: TW2 total sales: 4.4 million copies. TW3: 25 millions copies (both figures collected after two years of the releasement of each game).

As far as I know, it is 25 million sales for the three games combined, so TW3 alone would be about 15 at most. The first two games have a total of 8 million owners on Steam (see here and here), and then some people only have them on GOG, and TW2 was also sold on the Xbox 360. Wild Hunt is currently at 3.1 million on Steam, but it sold decently on GOG as well, and even if it is only half the number from Steam (initial sales were actually higher on GOG, but I somehow suspect Steam sales are better in the long term), that is already more like 31% of 15 million, and also more than Fallout 4's 4.3 million PC owners. Additionally, PC sales are relatively more profitable, since they are mostly digital, so CD Projekt get 70% of the revenue from Steam and 100% from GOG.

In any case, I think a third expansion would be profitable, after all, Blood and Wine cost only a couple million Euros to make, and Witcher 3 is still a popular game. But only two expansions were planned, so all developers are now working on other projects, and the same resources that would be needed by a third expansion might produce more revenue if they are spent on Cyberpunk 2077 instead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom