Preserve system gamma ?

+
Much darker game after patch 1.12

After updating i noticed that the gamma is far way off now, its very dark now on the same settings as before, i need to slide the gamma way up to the middle now to get a similar picture as before.

Also i noticed much more grainy graphics could b me tho with that one.

But the gamma is for sure changed now and i did not do anything.

How i noticed was with the Legendary Viper Armor its almost black now on certain angles in the game.
Also shadows are darker black now.

Last edited:
Here is the full change log - http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.12-ENG.pdf

To answer your question - "Fixes issue whereby launching The Witcher 3 on systems running the Windows OS discarded sRGB settings in users' ICC profiles."
There must of been an issue where sRGB gamma settings weren't active. I never noticed any problems personally, if I were you, I'd have it set to On. Just in case.

The game is way to bright with that setting on.

What does this new option do ?

If you have custom ICC monitor profile you can apply it to the game. Every monitor even these professionals have different representation of colors and gamma. Monitor can be calibrated by calibration tools like Spyder 4. After calibration process your monitor can display colors and gamma value as it should be.

Calibrated ICC profiles you can download from internet to most of the monitors even if you don't have such tool. I have ICC profile created by Spyder 4 and this game now looks much better than before if I apply this setting on. Much better, natural, less saturated colors and better gamma.

As I know this is probably the first game that support ICC profiles on WIN10. Great work CDP !

Last edited:
If you have custom ICC monitor profile you can apply it to the game. Every monitor even these professionals have different representation of colors and gamma. Monitor can be calibrated by calibration tools like Spyder 4. After calibration process your monitor can display colors and gamma value as it should be.

Calibrated ICC profiles you can download from internet to most of the monitors even if you don't have such tool. I have ICC profile created by Spyder 4 and this game now looks much better than before if I apply this setting on. Much better, natural, less saturated colors and better gamma.

As I know this is probably the first game that support ICC profiles on WIN10. Great work CDP !

I dont like it my gamma is working fine without that option on, when its on the game feels to bright like its default gamma control, every game use different gamma levels, so if u calibrate your monitor for game A u need to calibrate it again for game B if u know what i mean ;)

I dont like it my gamma is working fine without that option on, when its on the game feels to bright like its default gamma control, every game use different gamma levels, so if u calibrate your monitor for game A u need to calibrate it again for game B if u know what i mean ;)

If you have default Windows sRGB color profile and You don't have proper ICC profile for your monitor you should NOT turn this on - probably 87.4% of gamers ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom