Dialogue Loading

+
Dialogue Loading

Hello,

The Witcher 3 has been running smoothly for me up until this morning, with no lag, delays, or loading times aside of the loading screens between fast traveling and saving.

The game suddenly started to give me 5-20 seconds of loading time between every dialogue option, pretty much destroying all immersion and fluid gameplay, as well as being amazingly annoying and basically making the game unplayable.
An example of what I am experiencing can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUURzqjUWf0

I was just playing as normal, went to talk to a merchant and it started happening.

Things I have already tried:
- restart the game
- restart computer
- reinstall all mods
- reinstall entire game

I think it has something to do with my savegame because I loaded up an older save of the same playthrough when the dialogue was still working and the bug was fixed.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: digital download, game is installed on my HDD, currently running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Last edited:
Certainly sounds like something happened that altered the save-state and introduced the issue. While it might be interesting to explore, in this case, loading up the borked saves could do more harm than good. I recommend simply deleting all quick- and autosaves, and all manual saves down to the one that works correctly. If that's too far back and you'd rather just fiddle with the laggy one:

0.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any? Any tweaks through user.settings?

1.) Can you recall exactly when you first started seeing this? What quest were you doing, and where were you along the quest path?

2.) Can you take a screenshot of the active quests in your journal? (Meaning main, story, or Witcher contracts. Treasure hunts or scavenger hunts shouldn't be an issue.)

I decided to just go to a save that wasn't broken, as I only lost about 30 minutes of progress. Since then I re-did everything and the issue hasn't come up.

To answer your questions though in case anyone else has this issue:

0) Yes I am using mods including ones that tweak user.settings

1) I first started seeing it after I had decided to go see the Peddler in east Velen to buy some alchemy supplies. Along the quest path the two main story quests I was doing were Family Matters and Ladies of the Wood.

2) I already deleted the old saves so can't really take a screenshot.

Okay, then! If it happens again, try to pinpoint the exact time it started, what you had just been doing, etc. Hopefully it was just a fluke.

Not sure what mods you've got loaded, but most out-of-the-blue weirdness is usually mod-related. Any issues, and completely uninstalling all mods is normally my first stop.

Top Bottom