Fast Travel Bug!

+
Fast Travel Bug!

Got the Witcher 3 from Steam a while back and it's great. However I'm in Skellige and I can't fast travel. Here's a summary

1. Only trying to fast travel from signs since I know you can't fast travel from just any random area.

2. The signpost legend has a red cross circle

3. All fast travel signs have disappeared from the map. Be it Novigrad or any other area. Even with the right filter used.

4. No mods are or have been used.

I'm trying to get back to Novigrad but unfortunately I have no means anymore. I'm 90% sure this is a bug or I'm just overlooking something. Thankfully this is the PC version so maybe there's a command on the unlockable debug console or something.

Appreciate the help.

Just for giggles, verify the cache through Steam. If that fails, reload prior saved games going further back in time and try replaying from there. While it's possible that this is quest related...I really can't say as I've ever encountered or heard of what you're describing.

Are you using the GOTY edition? Are you sure the game is fully updated to 1.31(A)?

Also, which quests are active in your journal?

Thanks for replying. I've already verified steam cache and 2 files have been redownloaded. Unfortunately that didn't fix it. My current quests.

Main Quests.
-In Ciri's footsteps
-Evil's Soft First Touches
-Missing Persons
-Get Junior

Secondary Quests
-Possession
-The Lord Of Undvik
-The Family Blade
-Gwent: Skellige Style
-Fists of Fury: Skellige
-Black Pearl
-Master Armourers
-The Gangs of Novigrad
-A Matter of Life and Death
-Fencing Lessons
-High Stakes
-Of Swords and Dumplings
​​​​​-The Volunteer
-Gwent: Playing Innkeeps
-Races: Crow's Perch
-The Fall of the house of reardon
-A towerful of mice
-the truth is in the stars

Witcher Contracts
-in the heart of the woods
-Contract: muire dyaeblen
-Contract: the white lady
-Contract: the creature from oxenfurt forest
-contract: the beast of honorton
-contract:missing brother.

Treasure hunts
-Freya be praised!
-tough luck
-scavenger hunt:viper school gear.

all my saves have happened before I noticed this issue.

I have already unlocked the console so hopefully that might help.

​​

Nothing is jumping off the page at me. I would recommend sending a saved game into CDPR Support with a brief description. Perhaps they can look at the data and at least tell you what's causing it.

(I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark, while blindfolded, and predict that Get Junior will wind up being to blame. :p)

Turns out it was a bug that can be fixed via console.

here's how.

type

DBGConsoleOn=true

under [GENERAL] in the
C:\Users\YOUR ACCOUNT HERE\Documents\The Witcher 3\user.settings file.

After that, open the console in game via the tilde key and type enablefasttravelpoints=1 or enabletravelpoints=1

​​​​​​

Hmmm. Those are console commands to enable things in the config files that should have been enabled by default. I would be curious to find out what turned them off.

(Great news that you sorted out your issue, though!)

I have the same bug. GOTY 1.31A GOG.

FTBug.jpg

Larethio;n8579130 said:
Turns out it was a bug that can be fixed via console.
here's how.

It doesn't work for me.
FTBug02.jpg

Fast Travel Bug!

Got the Witcher 3 from Steam a while back and it's great. However I'm in Skellige and I can't fast travel. Here's a summary

1. Only trying to fast travel from signs since I know you can't fast travel from just any random area.

2. The signpost legend has a red cross circle

3. All fast travel signs have disappeared from the map. Be it Novigrad or any other area. Even with the right filter used.

4. No mods are or have been used.

I'm trying to get back to Novigrad but unfortunately I have no means anymore. I'm 90% sure this is a bug or I'm just overlooking something. Thankfully this is the PC version so maybe there's a command on the unlockable debug console or something.

Appreciate the help.
I figured it out when you are in the fast travel part go to the sign post part where you can see all of the places and hit the witcher senses button idk what it is for pc I got a ps4 and that was what was wrong with me it makes them disappear from the map so you dont see them it's to help filter stuff you dont need to see

Attachments

• 15985478730426635995745235206234.jpg
    15985478730426635995745235206234.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 324
  • 15985479213475670389517841536806.jpg
    15985479213475670389517841536806.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 345
I figured it out when you are in the fast travel part go to the sign post part where you can see all of the places and hit the witcher senses button idk what it is for pc I got a ps4 and that was what was wrong with me it makes them disappear from the map so you dont see them it's to help filter stuff you dont need to see
thanks so much! It worked on my Switch!

Top Bottom