Blood and Wine Install Not Registering in Game

+
Blood and Wine Install Not Registering in Game

My copy of the Witcher 3 is PS4 Digital, I have both DLCs and they were purchased individually off the Playstation store. Everything was purchased on the same account, on the same PS4 in the same place, all licenses should be from the Canadian store and there should not be issues that way.

The problem seems to be that I downloaded the DLCs before updating the game. I recently bought both and installed them prior to booting the game up and having it update from 1.11 to 1.31. Hearts of Stone is listed as installed and is available and the quests all show up. Blood and wine is listed as "Available Now" and is not the the DLC list in the menu. Usually my immediate thought would be to uninstall and reinstall the DLC but, it seems that I would have to uninstall the entire 68.26 GB game file to do that. I really do not want to do that. I actually wouldn't even be able to do that right now without putting overage charges on my internet bill. I've tried restoring licenses, restarting the PS4 and looked through all the settings I can think of to just uninstall the DLC and have had no luck thus far. I'm really hoping someone here can enlighten me to another option beyond uninstalling the entire game.

Thanks for the potential help and read time, any suggestions are appreciated.

Hi, more or less I have the same problem. I think that it's a general bug and we can do nothing in order to fix it; we have to wait for a patch :(

You could try rebuilding the database and see if it helps. Also make sure that you have enough space for the expansions. One patch required more space during the installation than what was the file size. I don't know if it's the case here, but worth trying if you are short on space.

If your game is freshly installed an you have barely started, try completing the tutorials and see if it fixes the situation.

In regards to Sunsibars suggestions: I will try the rebuilding the Database and see if that helps. It's definitely not an issue with HD space, I have 60 GB free and the expansions are already downloaded and listed as installed one the playstation, just not in game. Game has also been installed for awhile, I bought and beat the base game like a year ago and it's been installed since. I also am using the save file that the game is completed on. It's unfortunately not just that I'm not accessing the quests, the start menu for the game lists the DLC and doesn't list Blood and Wine as installed.

the real thing is that here nobody can fix that problem... and I am so sad about that I wait so long in order to play the DLCs, and now I am not able to do that due to an unknown bug...

Hi,

I got a similiar problem:

here is my history:
PS4 w/ game on CD, multiple expansions from PSN

1) played through main storyline + HOS without issues
2) started to play BAW just to see that many textures are missing so it makes it unplayable --> see attachement screenshot
3) because it is not possible just to uninstall couple of expansions I uninstalled the whole game (70gb!) w/ all expansions
4) install whole game again w/ expansions
5) now the first issue:
PSN shows me that I already installed HOS and BAW but it isnt shown in the game options in the beginning of the game! There is a discrepany PS4 system vs. Game
6) second issue:
I am not able to load my savegames. If I want to load a game it says that multiple expansions are missing eg. HOS and BAW
7) third issue
In my first installation of expansions I also downloaded the beard and hair package. If I try to load a previous save game it says it is missing the beard and hair expansio - But this expansion is not available on PSN anymore. What does it mean? Are you serious that I can not load my previous savegame of more than 100h because of some missing haircuts???

please help cd projektred :(

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1490277225780.jpg
    FB_IMG_1490277225780.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 157
Few tips to try out:

Try playing through those first tutorials from the main game and see if it fixes those "missing" expansions.

Try entering to the PSN store via Witcher game menu and selecting "things related to this game" or whatever it was called in English. Or try searching that beard and hair DLC using different routes and key words in store. I can see that DLC in my store, so it should be there for you too. (Search for options "show all" or something like that when you are looking at DLCs in the store) You need to download all DLCs that you had when you last saved your game.

You can also try to rebuild database. If you need instructions how to do that, the link is in my previous post above.

Edit: You may also want to check this thread: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...-both-dlc-s-hos-and-baw?p=7818490#post7818490

Last edited:
Top Bottom