"Authentication Failed"

+
"Authentication Failed"

To the point, when I want to play online I have been having this problem for a long time it says "authentication is failed" that I should be logged on my account in Steam or GOG. I'm already logged on, and so far my internet connection is okay. So, how to solve this problem?

I don't know where to post this problem, I have not seen an already existing thread for these.
BTW, I bought the game through GOG.

Last edited:
@Tutux I have noticed a number people are having this problem. Not sure if this will help, but you might want to consider these options:

1. Make sure your game is updated to the latest version.
2. Make sure your firewall/antivirus is not blocking the game.
3. Try logging out/logging in and then try to run it again.
4. Try a full reinstall and run the game as an administrator.

You could also scroll through this thread. If none of this works then I guess your best bet is to report the issue by contacting support so they can investigate the matter directly. It’s probably best to do just that. Good luck

Last edited:
@Alexius321 Thank you very much! I'm going to check from my side first, then I'll contact them. I honestly don't want to uninstall the game and do it all again, it might take long. The 3rd option didn't solve the problem, logging out and in. I'll check the firewall and antivirus.

My game's version is 1..2.3? I checked before and didn't find new updates. Damned to play with the computer for all time.

No problem, I hope it will be of some help. I’ve noticed these issues being reported on various forums. In most cases, the problem was related to updates/firewall/data corruption.

I honestly don't want to uninstall the game and do it all again, it might take long.
Well, let that be your last option, but if there is some small file corruption, then a reinstall will do the trick. Don’t forget to run as an administrator both when installing and running the game, just in case.

One more possibility – install/update Visual C++ Redistributable Packages. The thing is, I am not sure which one this game uses. The last one is from 2015, but I think you’ll need the one from 2013 or 2010. Visual C++ redistributables do not supersede each other, some apps even need multiple versions of them. Many programs use them, so you probably already have them installed, but maybe not the one you actually need. This seems to have helped a few people. Take a look at this.

In any case, be sure to contact them directly and they will surely fix it. Let us know when you find the solution !

Top Bottom