Ifrit keeps parrying

+
Ifrit keeps parrying

I came out of the mysterious tower in the swamps and Azar Javed attacked me, after which he summoned an Ifrit. I try to fight the Ifrit but nothing seems to effect it. I coated my silversword with Argentina and drank Swallow, Tawny Oil and Wolf. But whatever I do, the Ifrit keeps Parrying every hit and keeps hitting me until Geralt dies. How can I defeat the Ifrit? Could this have something to do with the Combat rebalance mod I downloaded?

You need spectre oil rather than argentia to hit the Ifrit.

Your damage is -30 or -40 (can't recall exactly) for the Ifrit, and Argentia doesn't make up enough damage to permit hitting... (from memory +5, but I could be wrong as I never used this compromise oil).
The Spectre oil is +20, and 'ties the spirit and real world' ~ though this might only be 'fluff' secondary to the damage levels. Ensure you are using the most effective sword style too ~ strong is +6 to +10 or more according to skill, while fast is only +1 and group -6. Spectres are unarmoured but tough, so fast isn't effective... leaving 'strong' your method of choice during the 'Ifrit' phase. Yrden can be useful to immobilise and potentially damage the enemies during this fight depending on your skill level... but it can be tricky to get space to use it...

You can use an earlier save and spend a little more time 'grinding' levels, or use up your available skill points to maximise your strong-silver tree.

EDIT: My incorrect advice pertaining to the vanilla game deleted. If you're running Flash's Combat Rebalance, everything to do with combat and preparation for combat is different, is not as documented, and is not as described by anyone who is not using FCR.

In FCR, Spectre Oil is an absolute requirement for hitting spectres. Argentia won't help. You also need at least 40 Damage to do any damage to an Ifrit.

See the FCR 1.6 Manual, it's supposed to be at http://ifrit.pl/pub/FCR_1_6_Manual_EN.pdf, but the download sticks for me.

Last edited:
Not 100% sure about an absolute requirement, the +20 for spirits is a *huge* deal, while no other oils will help at all.

I've certainly killed other wraiths with non-spectre-oiled swords, but the damage rate was very low.
If the Ifrit wasn't a fire demon, I'd suggest using the torch - it might even still 'work' but it seems counter intuitive and non-lore, so I deliberately didn't even test it... torches do work with Leo, or with the other wraiths though. (and are superb against the plants (I get confused about the lore correct Archespore/Echinopae so I'll avoid making the wrong choice by not choosing).)

Manual is here too: http://www.moddb.com/mods/full-combat-rebalance1/downloads/fcr-v15-manuals
It is the 1.6 version, despite the URL name.

Top Bottom