Review our game – Community reviewers selected

+
BullseyeMac said:
At this point this is just a publicity stunt, "early review" is laughable! If anybody here did win by the time they recieve there "review" copy it will be release day, what a scam to call it a chance to review the game early
Personally, I don't care when my review of the game goes up. It WILL go up, but only after I'm good and done with the game and can form my thoughts properly. Lucky for me, out site is all about doing things our way, not trying to rush content for hits. I'll post my review of this in two months, even if it's far less relevant. Crap, my site has a certain kind of review reserved exclusively for games that are at least one year old.

Who cares when it goes up? I just want to put out my opinion on the game! If even ONE person reads it, I'm happy.

Tyrannikos said:
Personally, I don't care when my review of the game goes up. It WILL go up, but only after I'm good and done with the game and can form my thoughts properly. Lucky for me, out site is all about doing things our way, not trying to rush content for hits. I'll post my review of this in two months, even if it's far less relevant. Crap, my site has a certain kind of review reserved exclusively for games that are at least one year old.

Who cares when it goes up? I just want to put out my opinion on the game! If even ONE person reads it, I'm happy.

I'd have loved to have a review up before the game released, but I'm resigned to it not happening. Lol, I'll do a review before I 1k it, but idk for a timeframe. I'd have busted my butt to get one out fast if we got copies early, but not feeling like it's a rush at this point.

XBAKat said:
I'd have loved to have a review up before the game released, but I'm resigned to it not happening. Lol, I'll do a review before I 1k it, but idk for a timeframe. I'd have busted my butt to get one out fast if we got copies early, but not feeling like it's a rush at this point.
The business side of me also craves to get reviews of games up before release date...
But my typical way of playing a game is doing as much as I can before I go insane before I write a review. My reviews get lengthy at times and that's because I play the game to death before reviewing it.

Tyrannikos said:
The business side of me also craves to get reviews of games up before release date...
But my typical way of playing a game is doing as much as I can before I go insane before I write a review. My reviews get lengthy at times and that's because I play the game to death before reviewing it.

I feel you, Tyrannikos. I almost always try to be a game before I review it. Games like Skyrim are rare exceptions so Witcher 2 may be a week or so after I get the game, regardless of whether I get one through this review 'contest' or not.

I don't know if this is known or not but, for those of us who don't get a copy through CDPR, all the pre-ordered Xbox 360 copies sold on Amazon are supposedly signed by members of the dev team. You may not be getting a copy of the game for free but you are getting a signed copy at least.

They should have just said we are giving 1000 games away so tell us why you deserve to win. I can't wait till Tuesday, then its non stop gaming, except for work of course

They should have just said we are giving 1000 games away so tell us why you deserve to win. I can't wait till Tuesday, then its non stop gaming, except for work of course

BullseyeMac said:

Yeah, they should have. I can't help but think they planned to have them out after release from the beginning.

Well, the good news is this goes to show just how popular this game is. I hear you about getting the reviews up early; in truth, its unreasonable considering the entire scope of The Witcher 2. I am just glad to have entered the competition and have the chance to win at all - I've honestly never seen other devs (or publishers for that matter) run a contest so the FANS can review the game. Just a great thing to do, imo.

Anyway, I see there's no updates. Waiting for the first person to pop out and say it: "I got my email! I won." I do wish everyone could win (as a younger kid, I remember some of the contests I've entered into - haha :D).

It's also amazing to get to chat with fellow website designers, etc. I checked out some of your sites, and yes, they are truly impressive.

I seriously cannot get any sleep...I have major insomnia and it is not from The Witcher 2. Though this insomnia does let me chat to you all :)

XBAKat said:
So... Anyone getting a dark edition? I'm considering it- Wolf head medallion and all...

Well, Dark Edition is sold out both in Europe and USA. Not sure how it's distributed elsewhere. I think it's still available in Poland, but that's about it.

gregski said:
Well, Dark Edition is sold out both in Europe and USA. Not sure how it's distributed elsewhere. I think it's still available in Poland, but that's about it.
Oh, that's too bad. I assumed that a preorder wouldn't sell out, since they can just make more. My bad! :)

GAME dosent ship the DE internationally so there will be many dissapointments!

Unfortunately, as stated on our website (www.game.co.uk/deliveryoptions), we do not ship items over 1kg internationally and we are therefore not able to fulfil your order, which has now been cancelled.
No money has been taken from your account for this order.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and disappointment this may have caused.

NowGamer has a competition on where you could win The Witcher 2 Dark Edition. So you could always try that. :)

Top Bottom