Silver Ore is in my Inventory, but shows up as 0 in crafting UI.

+
Silver Ore is in my Inventory, but shows up as 0 in crafting UI.

I can't craft a silver sword in Flotsam because the crafting interface claims I have 0 Silver Ore. I have looked in my inventory and I actually have 6. I even tried cycling them all through the merchant and buying them back from him, still nothing. Am I screwed or is there a fix to this? Restarting/reloading did nothing to help. I'd rather not have to replay the intro.

I don't know how to fix this bug, but you do not need to re-play anything. You can buy a silver or a silver-plated sword, or you can find one in the loot. Here is a table of all silver swords in game. Pick the ones from Chapter 1 and see where you can get them.

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_swords_in_The_Witcher_2

I'll certainly try that but I'm concerned that more issues will come up down the line. I haven't played in forever, but isn't Silver Ore super important for crafting? And I've had more than one diagram that I can't craft because of this issue.

I've not come across this bug before - have you ever installed any mods?

Not for the install that the save is from nor from this current install which is brand new and totally fresh.
The only mod I've ever used was to remove carry weight, and that never touched this save.

Last edited:
I'll certainly try that but I'm concerned that more issues will come up down the line. I haven't played in forever, but isn't Silver Ore super important for crafting? And I've had more than one diagram that I can't craft because of this issue.

Well, you can finish the game without crafting anything. There is enough stuff in loot and for sale, both swords and armor. But if there is a way to fix it, you certainly should. As I remember kayran trap requires silver to be crafted, and it makes this fight somewhat (or may be a lot) easier.

Agh, it's the damn UI design that had me completely backwards. Whoever decided that the shop screen should move your inventory ffrom the left, where it normally is in the inventory screen, to the right, and have nothing that is immediately apparent indicating this, needs to take more time testing their work in W3. I've ALWAYS had trouble remembering that. I was seeing the shop's inventory not my own. I'd feel like an idiot but I've always thought that UI design quirk was pretty unfortunate. Well, at least I don't have to replay anthing.

Agh, it's the damn UI design that had me completely backwards. Whoever decided that the shop screen should move your inventory ffrom the left, where it normally is in the inventory screen, to the right, and have nothing that is immediately apparent indicating this, needs to take more time testing their work in W3. I've ALWAYS had trouble remembering that. I was seeing the shop's inventory not my own. I'd feel like an idiot but I've always thought that UI design quirk was pretty unfortunate. Well, at least I don't have to replay anthing.

This could happen to anybody. don't even worry about it.

Top Bottom