Watch Dogs

+
Because there are pirated copies of Watch Dogs in circulation, and those pirated copies are known to contain malware:

@gvarel Check your system for malware, in particular whether you're now mining bitcoins for somebody else. The usual evidence is that you are running two malware executables, "winlogin.exe" and "itc.exe".

Unless you have a legitimate copy of the game (it may be available in some places already), don't claim that you have it.

I know talk about pirating is not allowed around here, but as Guy said, watch out for some releases of the game. Especially the Russian releases like the ones from SD or 3DM.

The usual evidence is that you are running two malware executables, "winlogin.exe" and "itc.exe".

Haven't pirated anything in long years, but out of curiosity I checked out my task manager. No sign of any such executives, but I do have one called "winlogon.exe" - with "o" instead of "i".

Seems to be that it's a normal Windows process that handles the login and logout procedures.

I know talk about pirating is not allowed around here, but as Guy said, watch out for some releases of the game. Especially the Russian releases like the ones from SD or 3DM.

I will "watch out" for these releases yeah thanks *wink wink*

I can't play this I only have 4GB RAM sadface.jpg

I've started playing the game, and so far, it's not too bad! I'd recommend not having massive expectations when going in as you will be let down. It's not the revolution that they said it would be, but it's a perfectly fine open world game. The city it's set in is a really good size and there seems to be a lot of optional things to do like foiling various crimes and collecting cars. I'd say get it when it's a wee bit cheaper, say about £25 to £30 or your regional equivalent, it's perfectly fine and worth playing in short bursts. :)

Last edited:
Yet another game that doesn't deliver the looks it promised.

This is why they call it "next gen" and not current gen, because they'll always be one step behind their claims.

Haven't pirated anything in long years, but out of curiosity I checked out my task manager. No sign of any such executives, but I do have one called "winlogon.exe" - with "o" instead of "i".

Seems to be that it's a normal Windows process that handles the login and logout procedures.

Yeah, "winlogin.exe" is the culprit; "winlogon.exe" is standard (and essential).

Have been playing it for 2 or 3 hours. A quick review so far.

- Moderately impressed by visuals. They're good, very good at times (the water effects are impressive), but most areas look bland. I played Tomb Raider just before and was more impressed with the setting, the shadows, the faces and the atmosphere there. In my eyes, because the art direction was better, the graphics were better too.
- Are people really wearing those kind of clothes in Chicago? Colors everywhere!
- A lot of very nice details. Roaming is very enjoyable.
- Major problem: I don't like how hacking works and looks.
- "Crime" system is very average.
- I'm glad I didn't have to shoot once: car chase, hacking, but no bang-bang yet. I know it will happen, but I liked that in the beginning.
- However, I hated the way the story was told in the first part of the game. Basically, you start threatening the guy who murdered your wife and child, and you're prompted to shoot him. You have no choice but to push the button... But the magazine was deliberately empty. I have no choice but to fire, but I don't know what my character knows (empty magazine)? Any connection I could have with the protagonist vanished in the first 3 minutes of the game.
- Because of that, story looks average to me. One character acted like an irresponsible idiot in the prologue, endangering my life, I can already tell he will be a villain in a way or another. (He has a chin puff too, that's why he's doomed to be a bad guy/traitor in the long run)
- Also, the game starts with a long, talkative, unskippable cutscene.
- And you still look like an idiot whenever you're staring at your phone, in my opinion. Instead of a phone, they should have make a sort of "google glasses". It would have make more sense (the digital trips) and would look better. But a protagonist with glasses? Ubisoft would find it nerdy.

I see a lot of trash talk about PC release. Supposedly it's real mess, terrible Uplay DRM and even more terrible optimization. Well, I got used to Ubisoft PC ports, so I didn't even try to launch it on day 1 (waiting for patches and DRM servers to not be overcrowded), even tho I waited very long time for this game, but it's sad that PC gamers are still second category customers for Ubisoft.

Last edited:
Didn't you know Aver, 90% of PC Gamers are pirates according to Ubisoft.

Funny how their anti-piracy crusade worked out for them, every single Ubisoft game that's come out over the last couple of years has been available on torrents before it was officially launches.

Top Bottom