• Playstation 4

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Xbox one

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I have them all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forget the next generation i'm sticking to old consoles

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • None! I've no console! PC or Other for me!

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • None! I don't play games. I stare intently at weasels until they fall asleep!

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Playstation 4 vs Xbox one issues and highlights

What console do you have and what do you like about or or dislike, if you have both which one seems to be the best choice not only about the price.

Personally for me i used to be a microsoft guy until the xbox one was revealed so the playstation 4 is my choice of console for now sure later on i might buy an xbox one but i haven't seen any games track my interest that the xbox one has exclusive but quantum break. The games that have came out for xbox one so far compared to playstation 4 have been poor in my opinion, What do you think?

What console do you have and what do you like about or or dislike, if you have both which one seems to be the best choice not only about the price.

Personally for me i used to be a microsoft guy until the xbox one was revealed so the playstation 4 is my choice of console for now sure later on i might buy an xbox one but i haven't seen any games track my interest that the xbox one has exclusive but quantum break. The games that have came out for xbox one so far compared to playstation 4 have been poor in my opinion, What do you think?

I don't like where the future is taking us seriously, but nice poll =]

I've been on here only a few days Will someone add me i only have 2 friends? I like the looks of cyberpunk the best never got into the witcher series though

For me i'm a ps4 all the way guy but i like the older game systems better sadly i just don't agree with this new stuff, i'm hoping in the future if they do make a good one make sure its worth it not some trash ugh don't you guys agree the past was the best? Sorry below i'm new to this site just testing things out my bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on here only a few days Will someone add me i only have 2 friends? I like the looks of cyberpunk the best never got into the witcher series though

DĪd Ÿøü tag those users? I don't see a way to delete tagged users some of those that where tagged don't even exist anymore ???

Last edited:
HELLO GANG.

It is I, your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator Man!

First, @lo santos, hello, nice to see you, always good to meet new people. Second, you should edit your posts if you want to add something, avoid multiposting. Oh, and the "+ button on the bottom right can be used to multiquote. I've found these are frequent issues around here.

Second,

BE AWARE OF DANGER. Subjects like this are one of the hot-button topics on the Internet. It is an area where, for some Nurgle-forsaken reason, people lose perspective and post with their emotions, not their minds.

Everyone is of course welcome to weigh in on the topic of Console Vs Console vs PC vs Heresy, ( The Inquisition is Watching!), but I expect you to do it in a friendly. Polite. Reasonable. Adult manner. Even if you are passionate about your post, please, keep your passion where it belongs: In adoration of me.

This is a warning post. I do so like banning people for a day or two. I also like editing your posts so it seems you have the opposite point of view. I also like deleting posts. I am a happy bastard puppy. I do these things not with anger or rancour, but glee. And you don't want to make me happy - the universe kills an angel when that happens. I have no idea why - it's something Mum told me. Weird, huh?

So, yes. Post away! but be polite, be reasonable and above all, don't interest me. For I love you and I want you to be free. Free of...so many things.

For the record, I'm investing my monies in a MUCH better PC for two simple reasons - I suck with comtrollers and the modding scene rocks. But I do enjoy consoles when I can. @wisdom000 I miss our GTA V time, sniff.

HELLO GANG.

It is I, your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator Man!

First, @lo santos, hello, nice to see you, always good to meet new people. Second, you should edit your posts if you want to add something, avoid multiposting. Oh, and the "+ button on the bottom right can be used to multiquote. I've found these are frequent issues around here.

Second,

BE AWARE OF DANGER. Subjects like this are one of the hot-button topics on the Internet. It is an area where, for some Nurgle-forsaken reason, people lose perspective and post with their emotions, not their minds.

Everyone is of course welcome to weigh in on the topic of Console Vs Console vs PC vs Heresy, ( The Inquisition is Watching!), but I expect you to do it in a friendly. Polite. Reasonable. Adult manner. Even if you are passionate about your post, please, keep your passion where it belongs: In adoration of me.

This is a warning post. I do so like banning people for a day or two. I also like editing your posts so it seems you have the opposite point of view. I also like deleting posts. I am a happy bastard puppy. I do these things not with anger or rancour, but glee. And you don't want to make me happy - the universe kills an angel when that happens. I have no idea why - it's something Mum told me. Weird, huh?

So, yes. Post away! but be polite, be reasonable and above all, don't interest me. For I love you and I want you to be free. Free of...so many things.

For the record, I'm investing my monies in a MUCH better PC for two simple reasons - I suck with comtrollers and the modding scene rocks. But I do enjoy consoles when I can. @wisdom000 I miss our GTA V time, sniff.

Thanks for the help your truly a wonderful hero mod.

Below i agree the xbox one needs improvement.

Last edited:
Welp some one tagged me to this thread, so here goes.

I personally went for PS4 for a few reasons. It was cheaper, it has a slight edge on hardware on xbone and finally the policies of microsoft had angered me and had made me lose confidence and trust on said company. added to the fact that ive been a japanphile and have been a fan of several JRPG's then the most obvious console to choose for me would be Sony's.

That said neither still has a killerapp game that is truly exclusive to the console and validates the existence of it (to its defense the it takes a while for a console to get a game like that) But if you are PCphobic and prefer a less complicated gaming experience and dont care that they will be graphically inferior to a gaming pc then yes you could choose a console.

From my POV, a console is essentially an underpowered PC.

I have a business (read crap) PC that is 2 years old. I can run 2013 games on it.

It does the same thing as a console but the difference I can't work on a console.

Last edited:
From my POV, a console is essentially an underpowered PC.

Not underpowered so much as specialized.
Dedicated graphics capability, no need for a hard drive as you can only do one thing at a time so you swap individual games in an out as needed, little to no capability to modify a game since there are basically no programming features the owner can access. Generally the interface is designed with gaming in mind (your controller) whereas a PC uses mouse and keyboard for the most part.

Hmm. You people have been depressingly civilized. I'm kind of impressed.

Remember this day, in the future, when we are amidst the Hordes and trying to find sanity. Remember it!

Forum veteran
I had a friend who bought a PS4. Boom, decapitated in a car crash. Coincidence? I think not.

Seriously though, console commercials are hilariously depressing because of how few good games apparently exist for them at the moment. There's an Xbox One commercial with Halo and Assassin's Creed, a PS4 commercial with Infamous and Assassin's Creed... it's starting to get really sad; I want to give console owners a hug every time I see an old game get "remastered" for a new console. Meanwhile, the PC is having an old school revolution that's making it a very happy place.

The Playstation 1 is still awesome, though. I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

It does the same thing as a console but the difference I can't work on a console.
Sure you can. Your job just needs to revolve around killing imaginary things.

The Playstation 1 is still awesome, though. I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

FIGHT ME!

Last edited:
Those were great. Horrifying..was...yes.

Still don't want to trade my PS3 in for a PS 1, though. At all. In any way.

Although we did have some good times, back in the day. Also enjoyed Crazy Eights and Go Fish when I played those...

Forum veteran
Can't the Playstation 3 play PS1 games? Mine can't because the disc drive broke, but I could swear that was an option before.

It's not the system itself, though. The games are what makes the PS1 rock the casbah. FF7-9, Chrono Cross, the Deception series, Grandia, Bushido Blade 1 and 2, Megaman Legends, Front Mission 3, Jade Cocoon, The Legend of Dragoon, Metal Gear Solid 1 (also known as "that game Kojima released before he became a mental patient waiting to happen"). Ah, so good.

Can't the Playstation 3 play PS1 games? Mine can't because the disc drive broke, but I could swear that was an option before.

It's not the system itself, though. The games are what makes the PS1 rock the casbah. FF7-9, Chrono Cross, the Deception series, Grandia, Bushido Blade 1 and 2, Megaman Legends, Front Mission 3, Jade Cocoon, The Legend of Dragoon, Metal Gear Solid 1 (also known as "that game Kojima released before he became a mental patient waiting to happen"). Ah, so good.

Your list looked good. Sadly, I fell asleep halfway through reading it. Maybe it's cause I'm old?
Edit: I tease, but really, that wasn't my era. I took a long break from video games sometime between Doom 2 and Jedi Knight. Never really got into consoles - I was busy with family stuff. So we messed around on rented consoles a couple times, but that was about it.

I don't think i've played more than five minutes of MGS total - all games - and I played FFIV on PC. Or FFVI? One with Cloud.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
I don't think i've played more than five minutes of MGS total - all games - and I played FFIV on PC. Or FFVI? One with Cloud.
Seven. I've never actually finished that one. Found it a bit overrated, and the PC version is supposedly horrible beyond words compared to the original. If the Steam re-release of 8 is any indication, that's still a huge understatement.

Chrono Cross is worth going back to play, though. It's basically the console's Torment entry that everyone should be required to play. Best of the best.

So, hem, I was tagged in this thread so I should write something... :p I voted for PS4, I haven't it yet, but I'll buy it in November/December I think.
Plus, I pre-ordered TW3 CE for PS4, even if I wanted to finish playing Witcher trilogy on PC but it's not possible... so I'm sticking on this console.

And this
and prefer a less complicated gaming experience and dont care that they will be graphically inferior to a gaming pc then yes you could choose a console.

Well, this is my first post in CP forums. :coffee:

Top Bottom