Graphical Downgrade Cont.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you know, this was played on PC.
Everything we´ve seen so far, except the Microsoft on-stage demo at E3, was played on PC.
Also this is still from the same build from E3, which was made at an unknown time.
It´s possible the Images/scenes in the SoD trailer were taken from a later build.

This is my only hope right now, the situation doesn't look so bright though...

Knowing Wichat it's probably a joke :)

Could some one point me to any other diefference than brightness/saturation? I'd like to think i can tell image quality differences when they are there. but i cannot see any here :look:

EDIT: I mean as in specify where they are exactly simply saying lower quality textures does nothing for me, can't see it.

Knowing Wichat it's probably a joke :)

Could some one point me to any other diefference than brightness/saturation? I'd like to think i can tell image quality differences when they are there. but i cannot see any here :look:
Everything, including the water and textures, look incredibly muddy. The image is not as crisp at all, almost as if it's at a low resolution. Furthermore, the foliage between the two versions (as well as the lighting) is noticeably different.

EDIT: Just look at the water between the two in the swamp images.

http://i.imgur.com/Vs3ne6l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JJ2q3Iq.jpg

The downgraded pictures were ripped straight from the uncompressed video released today.
If it's not downgraded, then this is obviously Xbox One footage due what appears to be low resolution, lack of AA, and muddy textures. If so, why the hell won't CDProjekt just show PC footage at max settings to REALLY show off the game? I'm at a loss, folks. Does anyone want to contribute? The gameplay footage is undeniably a lot worse than what we were originally shown. I hope CD says something, because the difference is night and day.

PLEASE KEEP IT CIVIL. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT ISSUE.

Much ado about nothing really. As has been stated several times, the build version of that demo is pretty old. That's strike one. Second strike, is that it's running at high settings, which will be similar to what the consoles will be using with a few exceptions. Third strike, is that developers have mentioned many times they want this to be the best looking RPG ever, and have even mentioned an ultra quality mode with greater visual fidelity that will be exclusive to PCs.. Ultra quality has not been demonstrated yet, and neither has the PhysX effects..

So the question is why would CDPR even use an older build with suboptimal settings to showcase their demo? If I had to guess, I'd say it's because they don't want to fall into the same trap as other developers by using higher quality demos, and then be accused of downgrading later when the retail version ships.. It's best not to hype expectations too much, especially with console gamers..

Much ado about nothing really. As has been stated several times, the build version of that demo is pretty old. That's strike one. Second strike, is that it's running at high settings, which will be similar to what the consoles will be using with a few exceptions. Third strike, is that developers have mentioned many times they want this to be the best looking RPG ever, and have even mentioned an ultra quality mode with greater visual fidelity that will be exclusive to PCs.. Ultra quality has not been demonstrated yet, and neither has the PhysX effects..

So the question is why would CDPR even use an older build with suboptimal settings to showcase their demo? If I had to guess, I'd say it's because they don't want to fall into the same trap as other developers by using higher quality demos, and then be accused of downgrading later when the retail version ships.. It's best not to hype expectations too much, especially with console gamers..

This is the most likely explanation. If there was never a downgrade, the visual differences would be due to this most likely. Good man!

EDIT: Although, wouldn't releasing a ridiculously good trailer hype people up the same way a higher quality demo would?

Last edited:

Obviously, the first screenshots from CDPR. They was promotional images of a game in full building, not very retouched but just to look closer to how their future final game must to look. Or anyone of you really believe they look like the game looked at the moment they published them?

Everybody who want to sell any thing do that... even some people with their photos added to their CV...

Last edited:
The game was running on a Titan and it was still choppy. What don't you people get? No one is keeping anything from you, this is the best they can do to make the game playable.

The game has a huge open wolrd, dynamic weather,a town with a thousand people in it and incredible attention to detail. You people are the reason last gen was all corridor games and this gen will follow suit, because your priorities are all shit.

Enjoy Ryse,I'm sure it will look better

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

sorry, but I really have difficulties to understand this whole discussion.
In my opinion it's absolutely logical for CDPR to downgrade the graphics for the time being, read: for the E3 and the Gamescom. Without the whole tweaking stuff that should (and undoubtedly will) take place during the next months there is absolutely no way that the game could possibly run smooth on highest settings - no matter the hardware.
I think, CDPR had exactly two options: a) They show the most beautiful version of the game, completely with all high resolution textures, AA and post processing stuff I don't even know about. Well, no doubt it would look absolutely fantastic, but I'm pretty sure it would be pretty much unplayable because of unpredictable sudden framedrops and lags. Or...
b) They downgrade the graphics to a point at which they can be sure it will run smoothly and without any serious performance cuts.
Considered that a rather smooth gameplay is much more important for the actual purpose of these presentations than to blow people away with beautiful freeze frames, I'm pretty sure CDPR chose option b). And considered graphics I'm pretty sure there is still more to come; don't ever underestimate the power of optimization.

However, even when the textures would be a complete mess in the final game (which I really doubt), that's something that modders can change in a matter of a few weeks. Okay, knowing the modding community: No matter how impeccable and perfect the textures will actually be, there'll always be a mod to increase the texture resolution, no exceptions. I remember a Crysis mod with all 4096x4096 textures... looked stunning, was absolutey unplayable at the time it was published. ^_^

Best regards,
Datarecovery09

P.s.: English isn't my native language, so I apologize for any mistakes I may have made. Please correct me wherever you find an error; I'm always eager to learn and to hone my skills.

edit: Well, too slow. Seems like everything's been said in the meantime.

Last edited:
We need an answer from CDPR. Game looks totally downgraded. I want that "ultra mega settings" that only GTX 780Ti SLI and i7 5960X can run, but I want that !

Everything, including the water and textures, look incredibly muddy. The image is not as crisp at all, almost as if it's at a low resolution. Furthermore, the foliage between the two versions (as well as the lighting) is noticeably different.

EDIT: Just look at the water between the two in the swamp images.

Ok so i see the difference in the water between the two shots. 1st looks sort of like water, second looks sort of like... quicksilver? it looks imo worse.

However do you realise those shots are probably done at the same time by the same person and are maybe a few seconds apart? This is from VGX footage, and i'm pretty sure you can see that water change as geralt moves.

That it looks better in one shot than it does in another doesnt mean there was a dwongrade, it just means the water has an animation that looks better one moment than it does another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom