Ciri Fan Art Thread

+
View attachment 5562
I'm posting it as a WIP, so feel free to give critiques/advice. There's still quite a bit I feel I wanna go over, her scar, her gloves (and hands in general...), her corset, the sword, maybe adding the cat medallion, just all kinds of nit-picky stuff here and there... but I need a break. I 'work' at a snail's pace. Been at it a couple hours already... Anyway, I use Photoshop and an Intuos 4 Wacom tablet....

*~* so pretty, but my complaint is her face. Seems really... jaunt and overly wide. Needs more neck, too. o.o But oh my god, you have mastered drawing hands and fingers. That is... soo good!

I'm no expert but I feel her nose is a bit too long creating this distance between mouth and eyes that looks a bit odd to me (link) and her right thumb seems slightly too short.

That being said it looks really really good overall!

*~* so pretty, but my complaint is her face. Seems really... jaunt and overly wide. Needs more neck, too. o.o But oh my god, you have mastered drawing hands and fingers. That is... soo good!

Thank you, and yeah the face has been driving me a little crazy. Something I will have to keep tweeking. Kind of had to step away from that to focus more on getting other things done or I knew I'd just get frustrated and put the whole picture off for awhile.

I'm no expert but I feel her nose is a bit too long creating this distance between mouth and eyes that looks a bit odd to me (link) and her right thumb seems slightly too short.

That being said it looks really really good overall!

YES that thumb.... I've gotten to were I'd sit and just stare at it trying to visualize what I want it to look like, and my attempts at adjusting it have just not prevailed yet. I will keep at it. And thank you. Her face does still need work, also.

I appreciate you both giving me your input, and also to everyone who liked and gave REDpoints! Like I said, I take my time with this sort of thing, so I can't say when it'll be finished... but I will update when I have time!

View attachment 5562
I'm posting it as a WIP, so feel free to give critiques/advice. There's still quite a bit I feel I wanna go over, her scar, her gloves (and hands in general...), her corset, the sword, maybe adding the cat medallion, just all kinds of nit-picky stuff here and there... but I need a break. I 'work' at a snail's pace. Been at it a couple hours already... Anyway, I use Photoshop and an Intuos 4 Wacom tablet....

Have you used a slightly spherical T for the face proportion? It always helps ;) Layers of Photoshop are your best friends!

Have you used a slightly spherical T for the face proportion? It always helps ;) Layers of Photoshop are your best friends!

I'm sincerely wishing I had used layers on this picture... My spouse always tries to remind me of that, too, and I go getting spaced out and everything ends up on one layer. @~@;; I'm better about remembering to use layers when I color.

As far as the spherical T shape your referring to, do you have a reference picture? I've saved @HellKnightX88's reference so I can pull it up in another photoshop tab. I keep delaying more work on the face to work on other things. Trying to mess with her gloves atm and it doesn't feel quite right...

what age's ciri at the witcher 3 ?
Ti rispondo in italiano, ok? :)
Secondo Witcher wiki, Ciri nasce all'incirca a metà del 1200 (secondo la linea temporale di dell'universo di Sapkowski), mentre TW1 si svolge 5 anni dopo la Battaglia di Brenna, che avviene nel 1268. TW2 si svolge poche settimane dopo gli eventi di TW1; supponiamo che TW3 si svolga all'incirca altri 3-6 mesi dopo TW2. Quindi Ciri dovrebbe avere all'incirca 20-21 anni.

La data indicata in TW1 per la battaglia di brenna è errata. La data che ti ho dato io è quella indicata nei libri di Sapkowski.

Transaltion:

According to Witcher Wiki, Ciri's born around the half of 1200 (in the cronological timeline of Sapkowski's universe), while TW1 takes place 5 years later the Battle of Brenna, happened in 1268. Events in Tw2 takes place a few weeks later TW1; supposing that Tw3 story will happen 3-6 months later, Ciri is in her 20-21.

Battle of Brenna year in TW1 is wrong. The year that I just gave you is the one recounted in Sapkowski's books.

Exactly! ;)

I'm sincerely wishing I had used layers on this picture... My spouse always tries to remind me of that, too, and I go getting spaced out and everything ends up on one layer. @~@;; I'm better about remembering to use layers when I color.

LOL!

After 20 years working wiith Photoshop I finally learnt to make automatically a duplicate of each layer I touch... I only remove them when I'm really satisfied of the result... So you can imagine I've worked with dozens of layers at the same time... Poor PC :p

Last edited:
Ciri was born in 1253 on the night of Belleteyn between April 30th and May 1st (same as Yennefer, but 80 years later). The Witcher 3 takes place in 1272 so she's 18 or 19 years old. It's difficult to give a 100% accurate age for her since CDPR can't make up their minds as to when stuff happened XD

Last edited:
She was born in 1253 on the night of Belleteyn between April 30th and May 1st (same as Yennefer, but 80 years later). The Witcher 3 takes place in 1272 so she's 18 or 19 years old. It's difficult to give a 100% accurate age for her since CDPR can't make up their minds as to when stuff happened XD

She was around sixteen in The Lady of the Lake, so it's impossible* for her to be 18-19 years old. Most of people agree that she is in her early twenties. Generally Andrzej Sapkowski didn't bother with dates and geography of world he created so it's matter of interpretation to be honest.

* She is/was able to travel through space and time, so she could be in her forties if only Reds would like her to be.

LOL!

After 20 years working wiith Photoshop I finally learnt to make automatically a duplicate of each layer I touch... I only remove them when I'm really satisfied of the result... So you can imagine I've worked with dozens of layers at the same time... Poor PC :p

Heehee! Yeah, I'm still pretty new to Photoshop... Feels like it will take me even longer to get into the habit than that. But after you mentioned it I started trying to make more layers. Hopefully it will help some.

Well, it's not much but I need to break again... Figured I'd post what I got based off of y'all's help!

View attachment 5576

View attachment 5577

Still needs some adjusting, the face feels too long... Damn thumb is still staring at me. I'm always open to more critiques! I feel like you guys have helped me focus on some things and improve a bit already! Thanks guys!!

Attachments

• comparisonCiri.jpg
    comparisonCiri.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 57
  • CiriWIP2.jpg
    CiriWIP2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 91
Heehee! Yeah, I'm still pretty new to Photoshop... Feels like it will take me even longer to get into the habit than that. But after you mentioned it I started trying to make more layers. Hopefully it will help some.

Well, it's not much but I need to break again... Figured I'd post what I got based off of y'all's help!

View attachment 5576

View attachment 5577

Still needs some adjusting, the face feels too long... Damn thumb is still staring at me. I'm always open to more critiques! I feel like you guys have helped me focus on some things and improve a bit already! Thanks guys!!

Nah!Thanks to you to improve yourself!

The thing you find weird in her face is that eyes perpective is the opposite to lips perspective.... Do explain myself clear enough? ???

Nah!Thanks to you to improve yourself!

The thing you find weird in her face is that eyes perpective is the opposite to lips perspective.... Do explain myself clear enough? ???

Yes!! Now that you mention it, you're right. I will focus on that after a little break. I'm going to get some food and stretch for a bit. Thanks Wichat! :p

She was around sixteen in The Lady of the Lake, so it's impossible* for her to be 18-19 years old. Most of people agree that she is in her early twenties. Generally Andrzej Sapkowski didn't bother with dates and geography of world he created so it's matter of interpretation to be honest.

* She is/was able to travel through space and time, so she could be in her forties if only Reds would like her to be.

I'm basing my statement on the fact that TW1 couldn't have taken place 5 years after the last novel. It contradicts the novel. Even the dates in TW2 contradict TW1.
This on the other hand makes much more sense: http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Timeline

That's why I'm saying she would be 18 or 19 in TW3.

Last edited:
I'm basing my statement on the fact that TW1 couldn't have taken place 5 years after the last novel. It contradicts the novel. Even the dates in TW2 contradict TW1.
This on the other hand makes much more sense: http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Timeline

That's why I'm saying she would be 18 or 19 in TW3.

If she is born in 1253 as you said, she's 15 when the battle of brenna had place, and in TW1 (providing that the date is wrong, so it's not 1270 as told in the game, but 1273) she should be 20. Say that TW3 happens a few months later than TW2 events, then Ciri's age is still around 20.
Tw1 doesn't contradict the novels, it's just that the battle of Brenna date is wrong.

Here, I did a quick edit of your fanart.
As a Ciri fan, it's my duty to help other Ciri fans out ~*

For those new to this topic: left is the old face, right is the edited one.

By the way - the torso is amazing, it's incredible how you nailed the perspective !
You also did a great job on the hands, the bane of everyone trying to draw people.
And last but not least the hair turned out great aswell~

...uh.. now I got distracted by Ciri fanart again.
Gotta get back to work on this here...

Last edited:
Top Bottom