Probably one of the worst forums for info I have ever seen

+
Probably one of the worst forums for info I have ever seen

Now I know that CDPR isn't perfect and another delay is certainly disappointing
also the graphics are a bit downgraded BUT
in the last months there has been nothing but hate towards them first there was this pre order bonus controversy about fucking cards
and now the "obvious" downgrade

there are no interesting discussions about the story, gameplay or characters only people whining over graphics and how they have lost faith in CDPR everyone's pessimistic
I can't imagine that it was like this during TW2 times?
hell Unity was a mess and the Assassins Creed forums aren't nearly as bad as this (over 150 pages for bitching about graphics? WTF)

Combat in The Witcher 3: 102 pages

Alchemy in The WItcher 3: 112 pages

Triss Vs Yen: 186 pages

Sex in the witcher 3: 30 pages

Size of the world: 50 pages

Etc

Maybe try looking past page 1? Or go to the General witcher subforum? Also, it's kind of hard to discuss stuff after a while because we get no new information on certain gameplay mechanics or barely any to begin with.

Last edited:
I started a tread about combat and characters written by CDPR. I have two concerns about the game, one about the open world, the other about combat. I expect writing to be good, even if I disliked how the quest was built in the 35 min footage.

The marketing focuses on releasing action-packed, punchlines-packed, characters-I-already-know-packed trailers, sometimes things about cosplay and profiles for characters I know from the books, TW1 or 2. And "Free DLCs" (hurrah.).

I have no idea what I would like to talk about. We were meant to have a game in less than 3 months. The delay might be a good idea.

Gamers are often indeed bitching about nothing and have a very pessimist view about games. The ones who complain more are in most cases also the first to buy those products they've complained about. This is pure fact and there is some truth in what you say.

At the same time though, in the discussions there are also many good observations and constructive opinions. Everyone should look at which he wants; in my case, I skim and skip the meaningless complaints and read the smart comments. And I find a lot of them ;)

there are no interesting discussions about the story, gameplay or characters only people whining over graphics and how they have lost faith in CDPR everyone's pessimistic

in the last months there has been nothing but hate towards them first there was this pre order bonus controversy about fucking cards

hell Unity was a mess and the Assassins Creed forums aren't nearly as bad as this (over 150 pages for bitching about graphics? WTF)

Go back to Unity forums then since they are more of your liking.

And there are no interesting discussions other than these subjects? really? I guess thats the reason why when the "interesting" discussions are happening I never see you around.

There is no other single piece of important information these times other than the terrible graphical inconsistencies in the trailers and footage, and the delay. There is the fact that the second character has been announced, and guess what, people are discussing that a lot.

So instead of being blind on purpose for the things you want to say to make some "sense", go and talk about story and chars, or gameplay, or whatever the hell you want, or simply leave to Unity forums or any other forum really, since anything else should be better than us.

That what you do is now generalizing my friend. And yes, both mentioned discussions are garbage.

BTW There are dozens of discussions about intresting topics, however, there is not much new stuff to discuss and I believe that with this delay it will be even more poor for few upcoming months.

You've certainly never entered the Bioware forums... :sofa:

About the downgrade stuff: that's not an issue with the community or the forum here but with the gaming community (or at least the mouthy online part of it) as a whole. It just seems to be cool and trendy to ramble about slight differences in visual quality without talking about the actual content of the game itself. Don't take that too seriously. I'm pretty sure once the new consoles get a bit older this discussion (or better flamewar) will tone down just like it did at the end of the last console cycle. I even remember that only a year ago big parts of the console gaming community insisted that GTA V looked perfectly fine on 720p and that nobody could see the difference between that and 1080p anyway. Today it seems that the very same people are the most mouthy ones when it comes to the question whether the texture quality between two trailers has been reduced a bit or not. Yeah, it's weird but also understandable. Many people have been starving for better looking games for years now (although they mostly didn't admit to) and now with the new consoles they finally want to experience those awesome visuals about which PC gamers have told them years ago already. Now it seems that some people have to justify their substantial investment into new hardware. Not a big issue...

My recommendation: just don't engage in these graphics discussions. Ignore them. There are still many other discussion about the game to be found in which people talk about story, gameplay or other features. All is not lost... ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom