Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

+
Damnit! They've pulled the video already and all the videos I've found are just people talking about the video, not the video itself. Gah!

I hope this turns out well and not be just a Squeenix cashgrab attempt.

I liked DX:HR well enough for a couple of runs and have been planning another sometime, but it always felt a bit incomplete in a weird way that I can't quite put my finger on. As if the developers ran out of something (story ideas, design ideas... ??) they would've still needed to do before letting the game loose (and they did cut from the wrong place by scrapping the skills.... nevaforget), yet still as if they were running within their own absolute limits with it.

Here's hoping for no cheap gimmicks presented as "enhancing the formula" (eg. here's 20 new augments that don't mean shit, but this is a sequel so there's got to be more than previously as people expect it). And for not FPS'ifying it too much anymore, I still lament not being able to headshot people from the distance with ease from the get go from the first game (made me play much more carefully, throughout).

Damn you, braindancer. It had Icarus playing in the background. That means I'm going to spend the next hour with the original on repeat. It happens every time I hear that music.

Like a bloody pavlovian dog. I can't help myself.

Last edited:
The save Malik sequence was pretty darn awesome. It is definetely a highlight in modern games.

I honestly thought that DX3 was easy except for that one sequence.

It did require cleverness. I couldn't just kill everyone with guns -- it just wasn't fast enough and I think I ditched all the heavy artillery prior because I wanted to make room in the inventory before the flight.

Counter-intuitively, for me the best way to clear that level was with H2H and one EMP grenade.

That fight was more like a puzzle.

...something...

You think I don't have that already?

---------- Updated at 12:18 AM ----------

The save Malik sequence was pretty darn awesome. It is definetely a highlight in modern games.

I honestly thought that DX3 was easy except for that one sequence.

It did require cleverness. I couldn't just kill everyone with guns -- it just wasn't fast enough and I think I ditched all the heavy artillery prior because I wanted to make room in the inventory before the flight.

Counter-intuitively, for me the best way to clear that level was with H2H and one EMP grenade.

That fight was more like a puzzle.

Agreed, definitely the best fight in the game.
I think I managed it once entirely on H2H (and 1 EMP). I usually used an upgraded 9mm though, I didn't find heavy weapons especially useful for that fight.

And she died on my "no kill" playthrough, I didn't even try to save her, I was terrified of accidentally killing a bad guy when the bot exploded.

That was one masterful CGI trailer,really.The cover doesn't look too shabby either.I'm also glad that Michael McCann is back as composer since the game surely wouldn't be the same without him.

Very solid trailer. Perhaps not quite as... "oomph" as the one they had for HR as this is already showing sings of recycling, but still nice.

Don't know about the alluded story, though. There's probably some twist to the antagonist... there has to be, because that's about as generic as it gets.

Anyway, thumbs up and fingers crossed.

I liked the trailer, but as kofe says, it does lack the "oomph" of the first one. Writing doesn't seem as good. "I won't let it happen again" vs, "It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here."

Seeing him floating there makes me think maybe the canon ending was destroying the facility at the end of DXHR and trying to bury everything.

Ya know, that aug movement really should have chosen someone more photogenic for their public broadcasts.

I dont think a hulking man who looks like he survived a wood chipper feeding will endear their movement to the masses, just sayin'.

Last edited:
Ya know, that aug movement really should have chosen someone more photogenic for their public broadcasts.

I dont think a hulking man who looks like he survived a wood chipper feeding will endear their movement to the masses, just sayin'.

But...but..I wub him already!!

So cyber, so....cyber...and the accent!

so, basically, the gamepley is still the same, the cinematic and screenshots look good, but the actual game is all black and gold, just two colours, three if you count grey, anyway, i'll try it

Top Bottom