The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
With GTX 980 SLI i am sure you will be able to pull off 4k but i doubt it will be on ultra settings. Might not even be possible on high assuming you want an average 60 fps of course.

after my new 970, In september, going to upgrade my Mobo and Cpu (Goodbye beloved i5 2500!)

What do you think of these 2 bad boys coupled with the 970?

I5 4690K 1150

Gygabiye B85M B3H

Salute!

after my new 970, In september, going to upgrade my Mobo and Cpu (Goodbye beloved i5 2500!)

What do you think of these 2 bad boys coupled with the 970?

I5 4690K 1150

Gygabiye B85M B3H

Salute!

The i5-4690K is a fantastic CPU, that's an excellent choice.

As for the motherboard it's good but whenever i see a CPU of the "K" variation i can't help but think of overclocking :). So maybe a motherboard more favorable to overclocking would be better. This case falls flat if you aren't into overclocking of course, just saying in case you want to.

If you don't to overclock the motherboard is fine but i'd go for the i5-4690 which is the same but a little bit cheaper, about $20 where i live.

If you want to overclock i'd keep the i5-4690K and go for a Gigabyte Z97 series motherboard which are probably about $20-30 more expensive from what you posted. Something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...715&cm_re=gigabyte_z97-_-13-128-715-_-Product

Just a suggestion to consider.

I am thinking to buy an Imac 5K with AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4GB GDDR5 for gaming I will use bootcamp or parallels desktop 10 to boot windows can I run The Witcher 3 at high with this GPU ? Thanks

My guess is around 10 fps hit. Based on Far Cry 4 gtx 980 test on geforce.com. The hit will most likely be much more if other settings are maxed out and if the cards 2 GB gddr5 is consumed by textures etc.

hello guys, ive been waiting to preorder for while the only thing holding me back is my laptops config( i have a i5 2500k@4.2 and a 770 4gb back home as a last resort
it has a maxwell gtx 860m in it. i know all the stuff about the recommended an min requirements
well here are a few thing to estimate
1080p @ high with fxaa
Ac unity (HBAO+) - 25-30FPS ( though due to lack of optimization i get drops to 22 but mot lower)
Dragon age inquisition(ultra meshes and textures)- 33 FPS
crysis 3 (ultra high mix) - 30+ FPS with a drop during the prologue

so i thing i might be able to pull off high med 30FPS @ 1080p .What do you guys think?( i know it is going to be hard to tell before the game releases , but still :p)

Buying PC parts for The Witcher 3, any advice?

Prices are quite high in my country, high tax on products.
I'm thinking about building a PC on my own for 1000 € or less.
.. I have a ASUS G750JZ now so I hope I could get something better for The Witcher 3.

Are there any graphic card brands like MSI, ASUS or something else you could recommended?
Then there is CPU brands and so on...
Maybe you know of something specific parts that are new and not too expensive?

There are so many additional features that make the game beautiful.

If you turn off most, things goes better right.
Perhaps you want to have higher texture, but then you likely have to set shadow effects and other things at lower, right.

Quite normal to adjust graphics settings and not use preset Low - Medium - High, so it's very hard to say how the game will run now. Since nobody have the game yet.

.. I have a ASUS G750JZ now so I hope I could get something better for The Witcher 3.

Are there any graphic card brands like MSI, ASUS or something else you could recommended?

What country will you be shopping in, is it Norway? I'm using komplett.no for prices.

You're right, 1000 € (8 500 Kr) won't go very far.

CPU, Intel Core i5 4690K for 2 295. (I wish I knew how well the game will run on a G3258, it's only dual core but can take a mighty overclock.)
GPU, MSI GTX 970 OC for 3 449. (You can get a GTX 960 for one-third less. But I'm trying to build up a list you can cut from.)
Motherboard, ASRock Z97 Pro 4 for 949. (I have one and like it. You can't go below this and get a motherboard of any quality.)
RAM, Crucial DDR3-1600 Ballistix Sport (2x4GB) for 649. (Nothing available for less.)
HDD, WD Red 2TB for 990. (You could go with 1TB for now (699) and add a second drive later. Adding drives is an easy improvement.)
Case, Corsair Carbide 200R for 645 (You could get the Corsair SPEC-01 for 499, but I've used the 200R more than once and like it.)
PSU, Cooler Master G650M for 689 (You could run a 550W model with a Core i5 and 970, for 595 to 675.)
Total, 9 666 Kr.

Going with a GTX 960 instead of the 970 would get you inside your budget. But it would be a very noticeable drop in performance.

Hmm...I'm planning on upgrading from my old motherboard and CPU that barely pass the minimum requirements during the summer, myself, so I can maybe be of some help. Ofcourse I can't be sure if the prices are the same in your country, but we both apparently live in the Eurozone. Here's my list of planned purchases:

- Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER Intel Z97 LGA 1150 motherboard for about 180€
- Intel Core i5 4690K 3,5 GHz LGA1150 processor for about 280€

You'd also need at least 8 GB of RAM, which would be around 80€ and a good graphics card, say NVidia GForce GTX 960, which go for about 250€. Ofcourse you'll still need a case, a power source and a hard drive, but I'm assuming you've already got your old ones lying around. If you don't need any of those, you might want to consider GTX 970 or a dedicated sound card, instead.

Thanks Giovanni! always helpfull! I will consider that, hope CDPROJECT Makes you an statue in the middle of Novigrad "Beloved Technitian, better person" :victory:

What country will you be shopping in, is it Norway? I'm using komplett.no for prices.

You're right, 1000 € (8 500 Kr) won't go very far.

CPU, Intel Core i5 4690K for 2 295. (I wish I knew how well the game will run on a G3258, it's only dual core but can take a mighty overclock.)
GPU, MSI GTX 970 OC for 3 449. (You can get a GTX 960 for one-third less. But I'm trying to build up a list you can cut from.)
Motherboard, ASRock Z97 Pro 4 for 949. (I have one and like it. You can't go below this and get a motherboard of any quality.)
RAM, Crucial DDR3-1600 Ballistix Sport (2x4GB) for 649. (Nothing available for less.)
HDD, WD Red 2TB for 990. (You could go with 1TB for now (699) and add a second drive later. Adding drives is an easy improvement.)
Case, Corsair Carbide 200R for 645 (You could get the Corsair SPEC-01 for 499, but I've used the 200R more than once and like it.)
PSU, Cooler Master G650M for 689 (You could run a 550W model with a Core i5 and 970, for 595 to 675.)
Total, 9 666 Kr.

Going with a GTX 960 instead of the 970 would get you inside your budget. But it would be a very noticeable drop in performance.
Thanks for that list, I appreciate it!

But would you say the Intel Core i7-4790 Socket-LGA1150, Quad Core, 3.6GHz, 8MB, 84W, 22nm, HD4600, Boxed w/fan for 2 990 kroner is much better than the i5 to 2 295?

Top Bottom