map

+
I think that regions with black outlines are conquered by Nilfgaard (while northern kingdoms have red outlines), so it looks like about half of Keadwen is in hands of Nilfgaard already

i interpreted that as redania in a playthrough in which the player let Henselt die in tw2. that red is very redanian.

also, 3.5 bigger than skyrim CALLED IT

I'd be *extremely* cautious of this value, as it is estimated from a perspective grid overlaid onto the 'overview' image, assuming that the whole 8.5km width is just visible in the mountains to the south, and following the approximate N-S alignment of the playable area, and the near edge being 'the end of the world'... So plenty of scope for getting completely wrong results.

I get an approximate *known* populated area of 5km x 4km within the 8.5x8.5km "world". A Sanity Check with the previously estimated 8.7 minutes for a north-south traversal at the gallop of this same extent gives a 34km/h speed which seems reasonable. It also fits my previous estimate of "around" 750m for the size of Novigrad, being around 3x the size of mediaeval Bath.

This is still quite a large area, and the game world is still the same size as the previous statement, but there is some wiggle room in exactly what things mean.

There are several areas where this 'guess' could break down.
The "far extents" could be a lower resolution than the 0.37cm!! of an 8.5km "middle bit" and aren't part of the world size calculation.
My perspective "guess" could be significantly off... I only have two visible 'edges' with no indication of scale and the knowledge that the near edge is "at least" on the image edge... lots of room for wrong interpretation here.
Photoshop "perspective" gives some odd results sometimes and some distortion was evident... enough to invalidate the whole exercise? Maybe.

Still these sorts of numbers sound plausible enough. (Water accounts for around 1/3 of that area-ish, but not all of it is "unplayable area" so it wouldn't be fair to discount the whole of this from the "world area", just as a note).

am i the only one wondering why royal palace in vizima is surounded by a white zone as big as the novigrad's one ?

i interpreted that as redania in a playthrough in which the player let Henselt die in tw2. that red is very redanian.

also, 3.5 bigger than skyrim CALLED IT

My thought : red - redania yellow - second Hengerfors League (? maybe) black - Nilfgaard

Close up of Oxenfurt areal view from Melodie Mac gameplay video. Looks like its around 60 buildings.

Attachments

• OXen.jpg
    OXen.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 47
The Witcher 3 (Map Major analysis)

I can not speak English I speak Chinese.

Google translation:

------------------------------------- ----------

World Map

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(White Orchard) 1 lap: 8.8 min ~ "~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Skellige) 1 ring (Rowing): 1 hour 14 minutes
:facepalm: (fuck) no mistake, it is so huge ((ocean would be great).)

Explore the world map. Will spend :10 hr Or more

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 4224.jpg
    4224.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 45345.jpg
    45345.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 522.jpg
    522.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I'm sorry if this has been asked & answered before, but does anyone know how exactly the game's boundaries are handled? I mean, what will happen if we reach the southern end of the no-man's-land-map? Invisible walls? A "Begone... begone... begone!"-notification? Or will Geralt get shot by nilfgaardian arrows?

I'm sorry if this has been asked & answered before, but does anyone know how exactly the game's boundaries are handled? I mean, what will happen if we reach the southern end of the no-man's-land-map? Invisible walls? A "Begone... begone... begone!"-notification? Or will Geralt get shot by nilfgaardian arrows?

Not yet no. People have speculated of course but nothing concrete have AFAIK been established. CDPR have talked about not putting things of interest in places you can't go as not to peak the interest to explorer "unreachable" places and also they have said there are no invisible walls. So it remains to be seen how it is handled :)

The 'core map' is apparently smaller than the map extents. By a km or more. The lack of interesting stuff drawing you away from the 'busy bits' might be enough to keep the players turned in by choice.

I'd expect some kind of barrier ~ armed patrols, invisible walls, barricades etc eventually, as the world isn't limitless. (Possibly 15 minutes of purposeless wandering before the 'end of the world though' at a walk, if not considerably more)

On a 'World' Scale, Dragon Age covers more geography....But that's just on the world map level with regards to location spread.

When it comes down to the playable area, W3 is just miles bigger, it adds true sense of scale to how big a region within the world should actually be.

am i the only one wondering why royal palace in vizima is surounded by a white zone as big as the novigrad's one ?

That is what I am wondering,too. As far as I know you can only go in Vizima palace but to me that white zone is pretty much the whole city. Anyone has answers?

I doubt the size of the white areas on the world map are to scale representations of how large the actual maps are. If they were, I would guess they represent the boundaries of how far you can see. So Vizima palace could be like La Valette castle. The size of the area you can explore is MUCH smaller than what you can see. If you look out the windows of the palace you may be able to see quite a ways.

I doubt the size of the white areas on the world map are to scale representations of how large the actual maps are. If they were, I would guess they represent the boundaries of how far you can see. So Vizima palace could be like La Valette castle. The size of the area you can explore is MUCH smaller than what you can see. If you look out the windows of the palace you may be able to see quite a ways.

While I agree with you in your assessment I wouldn't be surprised if maybe Vizima (of parts of it) and its surroundings areas would be part of the endgame and CDPR have just kept absolutely quite about it not to spoil anything and spring a huge surprise for us.

I'm really not into modding but wouldn't it be possible with the coming Redkit to include Vizima like it was in TW1?

i wonder what 'oxenfruit' taste like

i was honestly going to ms paint one in, but i couldn't for the life of me figure what it would look like.

Attachments

• i am amoosed.jpg
    i am amoosed.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Top Bottom