Heavy texture flicker glitches on CrossFire

+

Guest 3816830

Heavy texture flicker glitches on CrossFire

Hi ! I am running W3 on my Mac Pro (2013) with 2x D700 FirePro GPUs which are installed and perfectly working as 7970 and CrossFire is supported in many games. (Newest W8.1 + 15.3 Beta) Running W3 in any CF mode leads to more or less heavy flickering textures, it´s absolutely intolerable. So I have to run the game in single GPU mode.

Is this problem known and is someone working on it ? Will this be fixed by you or AMD ?

Thanks !

Download the new drivers from AMD, I think it came out today, should have crossfire profile.

Otherwise go to CCC and create a profile for Witcher 3 and set it to use AFR mode (alternate frame rendering). That should help.

I tried the new AMD driver, it has boosted my fps considerably (2x R9 290). Unfortunately the flickering is still there and I can't play because of it. I fear I might get some epileptic attack, it's that bad. I also have dissapearing foliage every now and then, depending on where Geralt stands or what direction I look with the camera.

And this only happens with crossfire enabled and in full screen mode. If I change the settings to windowed or borderless windowed, I think it automatically disables Crossfire and the issues are gone. However I get very low fps on a single card (3x 1080p Eyefinity).

Is this a driver issue or is this something caused by the game itself?

It is a driver issue. In the release notes of the 15.5 drivers it states under the "Known issues" that flickering may occur.
Know Issues:
​​*The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - To enable the best performance and experience in Crossfire, users must disable Anti-Aliasing from the games video-post processing options. Some random flickering may occur when using Crossfire. If the issue is affecting the game experience, as a work around we suggest disabling Crossfire while we continue to work with CD Projekt Red to resolve this issue
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - We are aware that some users may be experiencing random crashes during gameplay on AMD Radeon™ R9 285 series products and are working with CD Projekt Red to investigate the issue and determine a fix.

Also it states that for the CF to work you need to be in fullscreen mode.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Optimizing-The-Witcher-3.aspx

For me the flickering is there, but not always and it is not very strong most of the times. BUT I think that the game runs much smoother with one GPU, even though with less fps. So I am thinking to disable CF once again until... dunno, get everything to work properly? :/

I heard setting FPS in game to unlimited and using CCC AA and turning the game AA off helped but degraded the visuals some.

Hi ! I am running W3 on my Mac Pro (2013) with 2x D700 FirePro GPUs which are installed and perfectly working as 7970 and CrossFire is supported in many games. (Newest W8.1 + 15.3 Beta) Running W3 in any CF mode leads to more or less heavy flickering textures, it´s absolutely intolerable. So I have to run the game in single GPU mode.

Is this problem known and is someone working on it ? Will this be fixed by you or AMD ?

Thanks !

Just set it to default crossfire profile, not AFR. AFR causes the flickering. Also turn off AA in game and force it through CCC.

If that doesn't work its probably because its a mac, that's kinda just stuff you agreed to deal with when you got a mac.

Top Bottom