Where do we go from here (or Witcher 4: Revenge of the Swallow)

+
I really wish they would make witcher 4 but i guess this is not gonna happen at least soon. REDS have other powerful IP which is Cyberpunk and i think they will focus on this game instead on witcher series. The REDS are not that big developer comparing too other major developers so i think they will only work on one IP at the same time (Quality over Quantity). the good news is they will support witcher 3 till end of 2016 so who knows what else we will get during this time (2 expansion + maybe something extra?). Im also guessing they will also provide the developer kit for witcher 3 to let the mooders have a bit of fun as well. BUT if they really want to do some spin-offs of witcher series there is plenty opportunity. For example Ciri and her journey starting from a kid to grown up women. (BTW a good written main character are really rare in gaming industry and it would be awesome to play as her). Adding her ability of time travel they would make some crazy game. For now we can enjoy what we got and we can only wait what future will bring us.

Last edited:
If there has to be a Witcher 4 or whatever they would end up calling it I would rather we didn't play as Ciri. In fact I'd rather they stayed away from Geralt and company's time period. Set it in the past or the future. CD Projekt have proved they can write new and interesting characters so let them do so instead of relying on the old familiar cast.

We could play as a young witcher during the early days of witchering in a land beset by monsters. Keep it mundane, no end of the world plots, just a tale of daily drudgery as we struggle to get by in a harsh world of fear and suspicion.

For now though I hope they focus long and hard on Cyberpunk 2077. I'm expecting it to be even better than the Witcher.

I have no interest in times outside of Geralt's. The Witcher setting is about it's strong worldbuilding in the present. It's not about being a Witcher, per se, but being part of a very unique time and world.

---------- Updated at 01:18 AM ----------

Where? To Cyberpunk+expansions and Cyberpunk 2+expansions... That is the place we're going to :D

Yeah, then we get back to the Witcher. Just because Skyrim exists, doesn't mean we're not getting Fallout and vice versa.

I have no interest in times outside of Geralt's. The Witcher setting is about it's strong worldbuilding in the present. It's not about being a Witcher, per se, but being part of a very unique time and world.

Each to their own I guess.

I have little more interest in Geralt and his time. I feel the Northern Wars, the Wild Hunt, Ciri and the rest have been played out. If we must return to the Witcher world I'd rather see something quite different.

I have little more interest in Geralt and his time. I feel the Northern Wars, the Wild Hunt, Ciri and the rest have been played out. If we must return to the Witcher world I'd rather see something quite different.

As I stated before, let's move to Nilfgaard.

I'd totally be up for a game set in Nilfgaard. Always wanted to get a better view of the Empire.

I'd love a game set in Nilfgaard, which we're getting a DLC for, aren't we?

But there's some concerns though since, uh, well, Nilfgaard is a 'settled' land with vast legions.

Why would they need a Witcher? I mean, if Corypheus opens a bunch of rifts maybe, but part of why the North is so useful as a setting is because it's a pit.

I'd love a game set in Nilfgaard, which we're getting a DLC for, aren't we?

You mean Toussaint? That's not a typical Nilfgaardian province, it is a quite autonomous fairytale duchy.

But there's some concerns though since, uh, well, Nilfgaard is a 'settled' land with vast legions.

Why would they need a Witcher? I mean, if Corypheus opens a bunch of rifts maybe, but part of why the North is so useful as a setting is because it's a pit.

And the next main protagonist must be a witcher?

Edit: It can also be set in the past. However, I believe that no witcher can be a better protagonist than Geralt, he is unique.

Last edited:
I'd also prefer to see any new Witcher game(s) set in a different time, either future or past. Disconnect it from the existing events and characters and create something new within that universe. My preference would be to start a new series with a new Witcher who, at the start of the game, leaves for the first time to walk the Path. Instead of a super epic, fantasy adventure like we had with the Wild Hunt, I'd prefer more politics and down to earth Witcher'ing. Use the first game to introduce characters and then develop those through the series and up the stakes.

You could even do a time-jump between the games so we can see a bigger change in character development of the hero.

But, having said that, they did leave a number of possible threads at the end of Witcher 3 for Ciri to investigate. Weavess, basically. I'm wary of using her as a main character due to her time and space powers though. That and the fact that Geralt would somehow need to factor in since "she is his destiny" and it would be strange for him to leave her life when she's got some big threat to face.

Just be done with it and start something brand new in the awesome Witcher-verse.

On my end, I think the first thing they need to do is drop the whole "choices carry over" thing and just do something which is vague enough that it manages to satisfy everyone.
Whatever a new witcher will be, I think this is mandatory. So many decisions have already be accumulated, there needs to be some kind of cut.

maybe set in the past, before Witchers became obsolete?
Hopefully...Young Vesemir, perhaps? Game will end with two boys arriving at Kaer Morhen - Geralt and Eskel ;)

Or we can play as some new witcher from the past, when fanatics and mages destroyed and killed everyone in Kaer Morhen?

Hopefully...Young Vesemir, perhaps? Game will end with two boys arriving at Kaer Morhen - Geralt and Eskel ;)

Or we can play as some new witcher from the past, when fanatics and mages destroyed and killed everyone in Kaer Morhen?

Yeah that would be cool. Basically end that new witcher series with the slaughter at Kaer Morhen. Maybe give your character the option to go down fighting or escape and forced to retire and live a quiet life with someone out of the spotlight. Earlier games in that series would chronicle your adventure with that Witcher and how he becomes embroiled in the mage plot to stir up hate against Witchers.

That would be pretty cool and would give you a great ending (with closure, lol) to look forward to.

Just be done with it and start something brand new in the awesome Witcher-verse.

Eh, without the characters, being a Witcher is basically just being a Grey Warden to me.

YMMV.

---------- Updated at 02:24 AM ----------

And the next main protagonist must be a witcher?

My preferences go

1. Ciri
2. A Prequel with Geralt pre-Ciri and Yennefer
3. Original Witcher

Eh, without the characters, being a Witcher is basically just being a Grey Warden to me.

YMMV.

Yeah I can understand that. I'm confident that the high bar set by the ensemble of the books and the games will spur CDPR to put equal effort into any brand new series.

We'll see how they do with Cyberpunk.

Oh Willohugger, you and your Dragon Age fanboyism... Witchers are 1000 times cooler then Grey Wardens. ;)

Seriously, though... the only thing really needed for a Witcher game, is a Witcher main character... or, if there are multiple ones (a possible sequel/prequel could just as well be party based) at least one of them should still be a Witcher.

Oh Willohugger, you and your Dragon Age fanboyism... Witchers are 1000 times cooler then Grey Wardens. ;)

Seriously, though... the only thing really needed for a Witcher game, is a Witcher main character... or, if there are multiple ones (a possible sequel/prequel could just as well be party based) at least one of them should still be a Witcher.

Eh, I'd buy it either way but Ciri is the most evocative female protagonist I've seen in games since the rebooted Lara and she doesn't have much competition.

Eh, I'd buy it either way but Ciri is the most evocative female protagonist I've seen in games since the rebooted Lara and she doesn't have much competition.

Can't argue with that, she is interesting... and doesn't moan quite as much as the new Lara. ;) BUT, she is still to unwieldy to be the sole protagonist of a game... at least not a RPG like Wild Hunt. Maybe they could make an adventure game around her?

With the success the game is getting, they should most definetly have a witcher 4 with Geralt as the main character. Think about how truly how great this game was, theres still a lot more to unravel with characters like geralt, ciri, triss and yen and these four characters are also the main reasons the game is so good. I know its a stretch, but CDPR should definitely make a witcher 4 revolving around those four characters with Geralt as the lead again. The game, the series is just to good to stop here or shift course to another character.

Top Bottom