Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
from interesting tech discussion this derailed to " my sweet fx preset is the best " and pony thread :(
Yeah, RIP

We have to maintain our composure. Let's take a deep breath and admire the original artistic vision and the beautiful colour choices that were present in the 2013 renderer. Somewhere out there in another dimension, we might be playing this game.

Anyone here on suicide watch? :)

Hello all,

Dont know if this has been asked, I wish to produce the E3 look of The Witcher Wild Hunt, without using sweet fx or any mod that decreases the FPS, any able to advise me on this please.

Yeah, RIP

We have to maintain our composure. Let's take a deep breath and admire the original artistic vision and the beautiful colour choices that were present in the 2013 renderer. Somewhere out there in another dimension, we might be playing this game.

Anyone here on suicide watch? :)

I deeply believe in quantum theory.
Some of my other selfs are enjoying these graphics right now.

Man those screenshots...the water...the lighting.
Give it back :(

[Sard Edit: Your post amused me, so you're still, you know, posting. BUT NO PLATFORM WARS. Thanks. Have a Pony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,

Dont know if this has been asked, I wish to produce the E3 look of The Witcher Wild Hunt, without using sweet fx or any mod that decreases the FPS, any able to advise me on this please.

Not possible unless CDPR fixes it themselves or until they release the rnew Redkit. For the record SweetFX barely makes a difference on the fps but Reshade takes away some frames.

Man I just watched another video and what I noticed. (Actually I noticed it few times before too but thought this was bug) But I compared many video and now I am sure that IGNI sparkles are not affected by wind and there is no collusion on all sparkles now. Just few of them collides with objects. And WHAT IS EVEN WORSE THAT before sparkles were more fluid and smooth. Now they are less fluid and sparkles flies with little pauses.

I can't believe that downgrade happened even after GDC. I just can't believe. :(

You can save this thread, by releasing some mod, that we are waiting every day :)

if i could i would release it, just to be clear guys, am not holding anything, it simply does not work at the moment, the game does not load the csv file that i moded automatically, i always have to use the console mode to load it, and guess what, the console mode does not work anymore in the 1.0.5 patch

so i have first to figure out how to make the game load the moded file automatically, then i will release it, and if you cant wait, i explained mutiple time how to mode the weather settings in this thread and the compedium of tweaks thread

am planning to make a video showing the difference between normal lighting and moded, hopefully tonight

if i had more free time it would have been faster, but am crawling under daily work lately , sorry

Last edited:
if i could i would release it, just to be clear guys, am not holding anything, it simply does not work at the moment, the game does not load the csv file that i moded automatically, i always have to use the console mode to load it, and guess what, the console mode does not work anymore in the 1.0.5 patch

so i have first to figure out how to make the game load the moded file automatically, then i will release it, and if you cant wait, i explained mutiple time how to mode the weather settings in this thread and the compedium of tweaks thread

am planning to make a video showing the difference between normal lighting and moded, hopefully tonight

Thanks essenthy. Eagerly awaits.

Are there any config or .ini tweaks to make textures look even better? (some textures up-close look bad)

I'm wondering if there is anything in the rendering.ini or game.settings file related to increasing texture quality even more. I'm not sure if I ever noticed this before 1.05 patch but sometimes, up close certain textures look quite bad and muddy. I'm trying to find a way of fixing that.

In the rendering.ini I noticed at the bottom now there is this

[Scaleform/GlyphCache/1]
NumTextures=2
TextureHeight=2048
TextureWidth=2048
MaxSlotHeight=48
SlotPadding=2

I changed the values to 4096 and to me it looks a bit better, but my mind plays tricks on me sometimes. Are there more significant values to play with?

if i had more free time it would have been faster, but am crawling under daily work lately , sorry

Take your time and do it right man. You our bro here

Have you tried changing all the csv files for all the maps (even the "default" one)? It's strange that you need to load a different weather for the mod to take place, probably you missed something somewhere for the default scheme (the one that loads automatically). I thought that maybe when you first load a game the default scheme is the one loaded and then it gets overridden by the specific one of the map. Could it be?

Just my 2 cents by looking at the various csv tables.

I'm wondering if there is anything in the rendering.ini or game.settings file related to increasing texture quality even more. I'm not sure if I ever noticed this before 1.05 patch but sometimes, up close certain textures look quite bad and muddy. I'm trying to find a way of fixing that.

In the rendering.ini I noticed at the bottom now there is this

[Scaleform/GlyphCache/1]
NumTextures=2
TextureHeight=2048
TextureWidth=2048
MaxSlotHeight=48
SlotPadding=2

I changed the values to 4096 and to me it looks a bit better, but my mind plays tricks on me sometimes. Are there more significant values to play with?

From my understanding, that new section just affects the UI. Anything labeled Scaleform is UI related. That's what I read in another thread at least.

Thanks for your efforts mate! How much performance difference is there?

..............................................................................................................................

To the guys who say that CDPR didnot optimize the game for PC

My 860m (same as the 750ti) can run the game at high settings ( medium shadows/no hw/ hbao+ / no aa) gets an avg fps of 30 with min upto 24 (rain )

...........................................................................................................

About the sweetfx : no offense to anyone but most fx profiles that i have tried looks washed out.

..............................................................................................................................

To the guys who say that CDPR didnot optimize the game for PC

My 860m (same as the 750ti) can run the game at high settings ( medium shadows/no hw/ hbao+ / no aa) gets an avg fps of 30 with min upto 24 (rain )

...........................................................................................................

About the sweetfx : no offense to anyone but most fx profiles that i have tried looks washed out.

Witcher 3 opzimitation on PC is very bad. Ive got about 30 - 40 frames everything on ultra except hairworks. Guess what: in Crysis 3 Ive also got around 30 frames on ultra, and theres some difference in graphics between these games as far as I can tell.
http://cdn2.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Crysis-3-1.jpg

Thats what I call water, not some weird sauce wobbling around in a "ocean".
Besides, many people with 970s still have trouble running the game, even read about people with a Titan x who cant run it.
Also this game has very poor performance on 4k.

I wonder how big a patch would be that re-enabled all the tessellation (apparently they had to change/redo all the meshes)

Good morning, My Beloved Primitives.

Ever wonder how Geralt brushes his teeth? EXACTLY.

I see I've had to unlimber my Sternmeyer CG13 COT-chipped Automatic Bangun again. Also Pony Deployment.

Remember.

No platform wars. Don't blame consoles or PCs or whatever. I covered this earlier - feel free to look it up. I will at least edit it. If you really go nuts..Bang bang bang.Same applies to moaning over the downgrade. Feel free to complain to CDPR directly - don't turn my forums into an unhappy complaint fest. A happy complaint fest would be so much more fun.

Be civil! Be polite! Relatively. Don't lose your shit over...well, anything.

People are welcome to their opinions, hopefully constructive, on your work or any other. They are not required to back those opinions up, as long as they are stated civilly and relatively politely. And aren't repeated until this turns into said complaint fest.

This thread gets heavier moderation BECAUSE we get so many reports about it. If those cease, we wander off in search of other prey.

Good morning, My Beloved Primitives.

Ever wonder how Geralt brushes his teeth? EXACTLY.

I see I've had to unlimber my Sternmeyer CG13 COT-chipped Automatic Bangun again. Also Pony Deployment.

Remember.

No platform wars. Don't blame consoles or PCs or whatever. I covered this earlier - feel free to look it up. I will at least edit it. If you really go nuts..Bang bang bang.Same applies to moaning over the downgrade. Feel free to complain to CDPR directly - don't turn my forums into an unhappy complaint fest. A happy complaint fest would be so much more fun.

Be civil! Be polite! Relatively. Don't lose your shit over...well, anything.

People are welcome to their opinions, hopefully constructive, on your work or any other. They are not required to back those opinions up, as long as they are stated civilly and relatively politely. And aren't repeated until this turns into said complaint fest.

This thread gets heavier moderation BECAUSE we get so many reports about it. If those cease, we wander off in search of other prey.

Not that I want to complain about downgrade or anything...
but I think it would be great if CDPR would give us some information on the topic, I mean this is almost 200 pages long now and its still growing but CDPR doesnt tell us anything here regarding the graphics.
They know people would be glad for some information, they could at least give us some advice for tweaking or something...
Just sayin´...obviously the community pays a lot of attention on that topic, would be great if they gave us something to work with.

Also why are you so funny?

Not that I want to complain about downgrade or anything...
but I think it would be great if CDPR would give us some information on the topic, I mean this is almost 200 pages long now and its still growing but CDPR doesnt tell us anything here regarding the graphics.?

I know. It is, arguably, the source of the greatest amount of frustration. Well, that and arguably auto sheathing. AARGHH. Maybe that's just me.

But they do talk - you can check RED posts and News and Twitter and facebook etc. Mostly they say, "we're working on it". If they are more specific, they get yelled at for, well, anything.

So they tend to be more closemouthed than, say, Obsidian right now. Of course, their game is huuuuuge and verry popular - they are steadily bombarded for requests.

Oh, anyone that ran the Sweetx fix for 1,04 can go back to dropping their dxgi.dll from their SFX install over the 1.05 one. Found that out last night. Still torn on using Sweetfx and default. I like both quite a bit, but the darker SFX ones seem to fit the Witcher world better. Generally.

I know. It is, arguably, the source of the greatest amount of frustration. Well, that and arguably auto sheathing. AARGHH. Maybe that's just me.

But they do talk - you can check RED posts and News and Twitter and facebook etc. Mostly they say, "we're working on it". If they are more specific, they get yelled at for, well, anything.

So they tend to be more closemouthed than, say, Obsidian right now. Of course, their game is huuuuuge and verry popular - they are steadily bombarded for requests.

Oh, anyone that ran the Sweetx fix for 1,04 can go back to dropping their dxgi.dll from their SFX install over the 1.05 one. Found that out last night. Still torn on using Sweetfx and default. I like both quite a bit, but the darker SFX ones seem to fit the Witcher world better. Generally.
thanks for sharing friend.

did they unlock some more features for us to tweak ? like increasing the draw distance and so on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom