Is Gerald fat??

+
for look, im usually using the ponytail he has in the game menu. Also usually clean shaven, but i dont pay too much attention to beard.. usually i'm out in Velen on quests, so only go to shave when i have to sell stuff/resupply.

but back to armor - i think it would be better if armors were deleveled (dont see why Geralt would be not able to use high quality armor just because he is few levels behind.. usually those armors are hard to get anyway), and a bit redesigned. Light armors should provide more stamina, but should be not that good at stopping hits. medium armors should have good resistances, but usually these were lightened version with much less coverage than heavy pieces. And heavy should be able to stop normal swords and weapons (no AP), but should be hard on stamina.

Last edited:

I wouldn't want to see this kind of armour in a Witcher game ever. There are plenty of other games which do this. This series' artistic style is one of the major selling points for me.

Attachments

• 3186.jpg
    3186.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 49
I wouldn't want to see this kind of armour in a Witcher game ever. There are plenty of other games which do this. This series' artistic style is one of the major selling points for me.
I Absolutely agree. Actually armors in Witcher 3 are made with realism in mind, especially those heavy armors with "belly" plates. Just check same facts about mediaval warfare.

Is Geralt fat? NO it's Cuirass he's wearing you cud munching moron!

Is Geralt fat? NO it's Cuirass he's wearing you cud munching moron!

From Wikipedia
"A cuirass (/kwɨˈræs/; French: cuirasse, Latin: coriaceus) is a piece of armour, formed of a single or multiple pieces of metal or other rigid material which covers the front of the torso. In a suit of armour, the cuirass was generally connected to a back piece. Cuirass could also refer to the complete torso-protecting armour.

In Hellenistic and Roman times, the musculature of the male torso was idealized in the form of the muscle cuirass or "heroic cuirass" (in French the cuirasse esthétique) sometimes further embellished with symbolic representation in relief, familiar in the Augustus of Prima Porta and other heroic representations in official Roman sculpture. As parts of the actual military equipment of classic antiquity, cuirasses and corsets of bronze, iron, or some other rigid substance were used. Secondary protection for the breast was worn in earlier times by men-at-arms in addition to mail hauberks and reinforced coats. It was not until the 14th century that the plate armour became an established part of medieval armour."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxkb-a0f9Wc, this video provides some additional info on the subject of the cuirass, which comes from the french for boiled leather "cuir bouilli". I'll let Matt Easton of Scolagladitoria tell you all about it ...

I Absolutely agree. Actually armors in Witcher 3 are made with realism in mind, especially those heavy armors with "belly" plates. Just check same facts about mediaval warfare.

if you would check same facts about mediaval warfare you would have know that there is more than one type of breastplate

if you would check same facts about mediaval warfare you would have know that there is more than one type of breastplate
i know but im speaking specificaly about those from Witcher 3 and why it makes sense for them to look "fat"

First of all you don't even know his name and second you post pics that doesn't show a big gut but a barrel chest, which of course is the armor and not his body. I'm guessing you know nothing of the Witcher series and are probably a kid.

Top Bottom