[DLC 15] New Finisher Animations (Video)

+
Just as I expected, 3 moves. It's great to have them, but not much. I was expecting the 'famous' beheading with the cross-guard from the previous games, nevermind. I agree with slim, they should've brought in the signs, even if it might be a bit cheesy.

Im still rewatching this video many times and IM LOVING the kill from behind where Geralt slices bandint vertically in two :D Looks so gruesome and epic.

Very nice, starting to remind me of these finishing moves.

Though I would have liked some finishers with signs, Witcher 2-style like others have already mentioned.

I've not seen anyone mention this yet but surely you all notice it: the NPC character models changing when decapitated or dismembered in any way.

For the most part I don't notice it but when a guy with a beard, longhair, and a helmet loses his head and instantaneously becomes a clean shaven cueball, missing said helmet, it does tend to draw my attention.

:hurt:--> :eek:kay:

Any chance this will be fixed?

Last edited:
I guess there's a reason if they call him "Butcher Of Blaviken"...

I've not seen anyone mention this yet but surely you all notice it: the NPC character models changing when decapitated or dismembered in any way.

For the most part I don't notice it but when a guy with a beard, longhair, and a helmet loses his head and instantaneously becomes a clean shaven cueball, missing said helmet, it does tend to draw my attention.

:hurt:--> :eek:kay:

Any chance this will be fixed?

Unlikely, I don't think it's a bug.

Animations are cool but anyone notice the character models change when the body is slices apart?

---------- Updated at 12:27 PM ----------

How can that not be a bug?

What I meant is that perhaps devs used just one kind of character model when Geralt decapitate or dismemeber them.
It's just a guess, though.

Because the fact that the game loads a predetermined and lower quality model when a decapitation happens is probably done un purpose as an actual and dynamic decapitation system with advanced physics and particles was probably too taxing.

Last edited:

Tuco

Forum veteran
It's not a bug. it's a little trick. Any dismembered human changes in the same basic model.
I guess the reason they get soaked so much in blood is an attempt to hide it as much as possible.

I don't mind too much, frankly. Still a cool feature, better this that no kill animations at all, as far as I'm concerned.

Sign finishers that could be added:

- aard: basically, what happens in one of the first cgi movies: Geralt holds his hand close to the enemy's chest and the enemy is flung away for a great distance, toppling over others
- Igni: The
Imlerith finish
. Geralt holds his hand to the enemy's skull and sets it ablaze, possibly igniting other which come into contact.
- Axii: Kinda similar, but... Geralt holds his hand to the enemy's head, after which he screams like a possessed person whirling hi weapon about hurting others until his head explodes shortly after.

kinda hard to come up with good quen and yrden finishers but...

- yrden: place a trap on the enemy, you kick him away and watch him explode (hurting others)
- quen: you cast a shield on yourself while holding the enemy, electrocuting him, and you get a bonus quen shield!

Anyway, these could only happen when your stamina is full and cost half a stamina bar.

Ah, I'm just dreaming... Cool eneough that we're getting extra finishers in any case ;)

Looks cool, my only grip would be the fact that the NPCs change models when they get cut in half: different clothes, helmets, hair, etc.... hope that gets addressed at some point.

Looks cool, my only grip would be the fact that the NPCs change models when they get cut in half: different clothes, helmets, hair, etc.... hope that gets addressed at some point.

Already answered in some posts above. It's not a bug. Have you idea how a similar gigantic software develop happen? No, I think. There is nothing to address.

Already answered in some posts above. It's not a bug. Have you idea how a similar gigantic software develop happen? No, I think. There is nothing to address.

I never said it was a bug... The fact that it was intended does not means that it has to stay that way, if something has room for improvements, then there is a possibility it gets improved.

So yes, there is something to be addressed, if the developers do or do not address it, is a whole different matter.

Can you even do finishers manually in this game?
I turned off auto finishers and haven't seen any since. Shouldn't there be a button for this, or somehow related to the adrenaline points gain?

Tuco

Forum veteran
Can you even do finishers manually in this game?
I turned off auto finishers and haven't seen any since. Shouldn't there be a button for this, or somehow related to the adrenaline points gain?
When you disable auto-finishers, you'll get a prompt (like "Press X" any time you'll get a chance to do a finisher manually.
Frankly, after trying that for a bit, I see no sensible reason to disable the automated version.
It's not like an additional button prompt adds much to your immersion nor to your tactical options, and if anything it can even break the flow of the combat a bit.

Top Bottom