[MOD] Super Turbo Lighting Mod

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
no its not a bug, skellige simply was not finished, am sure lots of peoples will cry and will want an earlier version when i will update it :surprise:

no its not a bug, skellige simply was not finished, am sure lots of peoples will cry and will want an earlier version when i will update it :surprise:

Well, skellige as it is right now has next to the swamps the best lighting by far in my opinion. :p
I'd wish for an upgraded kaer morhen, since it gives a huge fps drop to me

I'm not a fan of the underground lighting or the nights either, seems washed out to me. Of course dark lighting in general is not handled well by Red Engine 3.

This. Obviously it's a choice, not a limitation of the engine.

In an interview after the downgrade fiasco, the devs said they had to rewrite the lighting engine and that the indoor lighting suffered as a result. I can't find the article now, but they did have to make big changes. Dark areas, night time and indoor areas are one of the biggest casualties when you look at TW2. I won't bother posting comparison pics as I was doing this months before release.

DID SOMEONE SAY DOWNGRADE?!! <Primes Forearm Quad Cannon>

Oh, wait. It's not (pre)release, the game still looks great (enough) and all is (mostly) well.

CONTINUE. Remember it's a topic about STLMGMT-thingy, though, and not a DG thread.

<Loads marshmallows into Cannon>

Prancing away!

I'm not a fan of the underground lighting or the nights either, seems washed out to me. Of course dark lighting in general is not handled well by Red Engine 3.

The worldenv mod by Azmodean + some ULM presets do shadows/interiors a lot more realistically than STLM does. One of the main purposes of Azmo's mod was to fix interiors and characters being overly lit in interiors. While STLM2.0 does look nice in some areas, it doesn't feel like too much of a graphical improvement at times. People forget that there was a million other details on the screen that made the E3 build look as good as it did. The lighting was just one of the many things that got downgraded.

The worldenv mod by Azmodean + some ULM presets do shadows/interiors a lot more realistically than STLM does. One of the main purposes of Azmo's mod was to fix interiors and characters being overly lit in interiors. While STLM2.0 does look nice in some areas, it doesn't feel like too much of a graphical improvement at times. People forget that there was a million other details on the screen that made the E3 build look as good as it did. The lighting was just one of the many things that got downgraded.

you already flawed Asmo mod by using it with ULM, a funky mod that allow you to fuck up lighting very easily, as soon as you do that you are not using any one env mod anymore but rather something you made yourself

---------- Updated at 09:00 AM ----------

i had a choice to make there, either i let interiors and underground use default vanilla lighting and you would have geralt glow as soon as he enter an interior wich has its own lighting, or remove all interior lighting and force them to use outside lighting so geralt fit better in the darker areas, and thats what i did

i dont see how its washed out ? are you playing in borderless/windowed ?

^ Interiors are washed out. I've already mentioned this as well. You can tell in this video at the 4:37 mark, It goes from vanilla to STLM and you can see the blacks are not as black as vanilla and there seems to be a haze in the interior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfxaroTR1tc

that entire video is washed ou from start to finish , how accurate, and its not haz, but rather fog to simulate more depth

Last edited:
you already flawed Asmo mod by using it with ULM, a funky mod that allow you to fuck up lighting very easily, as soon as you do that you are not using any one env mod anymore but rather something you made yourself

I actually found that they combine quite nicely. Preset #1 and #3 in ULM both retain the game's original colors/feel without any major lighting anomalies. The kaer morhen cutscene env (#3) does make shadows stand out a bit more, which looks pretty nice. Azmo's mod then still adds somewhat-proper interior shadowing. Nights excluded, I feel like STLM2.0 provides the best-looking lighting for Skellige. I think it all comes down to personal preference.

Comparisons from an album I had saved: https://imgur.com/a/laSxT

Last edited:
I actually found that they combine quite nicely. Preset #1 and #3 in ULM both retain the game's original colors/feel without any major lighting anomalies. The kaer morhen cutscene env (#3) does make shadows stand out a bit more, which looks pretty nice. Azmo's mod then still adds somewhat-proper interior shadowing. Nights excluded, I feel like STLM2.0 provides the best-looking lighting for Skellige. I think it all comes down to personal preference.

Comparisons from an album I had saved: https://imgur.com/a/laSxT

what you are doing is simply blending envs over other envs that were never made to be used that way, wich will cause no matter what many issues like in your sreen shots ( that you didnt even notice apparently ) but thats what you like then be it , i like foggy interiors and clear nights like they always were in the old demos in my mod

also am not fan of pressing buttons and breaking the weather cycles, because you know, i actually enjoy playing the game, i dont keep trying some random env for " the best ever results in that place at that time with that weather that will never happen "

at the end STLM is about playing the game with a different lighting, not YOLO env simulator

Last edited:
So, any chance of fixing the red sky problem??
Is it possible to erase the fixed clouds above the moving ones? E3 trailer's sky was kinda like that...

that entire video is washed ou from start to finish , how accurate, and its not haz, but rather fog to simulate more depth

Ok, its fog then. But I really don't think it makes sense to have fog in interiors. Gives everything that washed out look.

---------- Updated at 12:08 PM ----------

what red sky ? and what fix are you talking about ?

I think he's referring to the red night time sky in Velen problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom