Replacing Geralt as player

+
Thanks to the Witcher discord member manjack33 I was able to figure out how to do this.

First edit the geralt_player.w2ent in characters\player_entities\geralt\ (you may need to disable all DLCs and reload the editor before it'll let you do this). After that go to appearances and add a new appearance and give it a name
image.png

Then highlight the appearances node and go to "node properties" and set "forced appearance" to the name you set earlier.
Screenshot 2024-04-20 040620.png

Then you should see your new appearance after saving. However you'll still see Geralt's head.

image (1).png

I have no idea why this is. My best guess is that you're seeing Geralt's beard option. I currently have no idea which entity this is set under. My fix for this was to go to items\bodyparts\geralt_items\heads\ and set each head to not visible.

image (2).png

Hopefully someone will figure out a more elegant way to hide Geralt's default head later. But thus far this works really well. I was able to do this for example.

Last edited:

erxv

Forum veteran
In the entity template go to Appearances - Equipment tab. In there you see the starting items, head/hair/body are all items that you can disable or change :)

In the entity template go to Appearances - Equipment tab. In there you see the starting items, head/hair/body are all items that you can disable or change :)
Yes but this is just Geralt's clothes/items not his body/head. That was what I wanted to know how to replace. Hence why I explained how I did it.

Additionally his head is NOT contained in characters\player_entities\geralt\geralt_inventory_release.w2ent. Nor is it in geralt_inventory_internal.w2ent. I have no idea currently where Geralt's head is spawned into the game. If you have any leads on this I'm all ears. His body isn't defined there either it's defined in geralt_player.w2ent.

erxv

Forum veteran
Yes but this is just Geralt's clothes/items not his body/head. That was what I wanted to know how to replace. Hence why I explained how I did it.

Additionally his head is NOT contained in characters\player_entities\geralt\geralt_inventory_release.w2ent. Nor is it in geralt_inventory_internal.w2ent. I have no idea currently where Geralt's head is spawned into the game. If you have any leads on this I'm all ears. His body isn't defined there either it's defined in geralt_player.w2ent.
i see, so his actual final entity is this one: gameplay\templates\characters\player\player.w2ent
not the one in characters folder, so check if editing this one helps. There is also a CHeadManagerComponent that lists all of his heads.

i see, so his actual final entity is this one: gameplay\templates\characters\player\player.w2ent
not the one in characters folder, so check if editing this one helps. There is also a CHeadManagerComponent that lists all of his heads.
I'm not seeing any inventory or appearance nodes in that template.

Top Bottom