A deadly plot (Spoilers)

+
A deadly plot (Spoilers)

Hi all,

So I'm about to venture into the Isle Of mists, and it prompted that certain side quest would fail if I would continue. So I continued, saw which quests failed, reloaded my game and did those. And one of those was A deadly plot.

So A deadly plot is the side quest where you have to go and track down the spy for Roche and Dijkstra. I did that, went into the cave with the two trolls, and got Thaler out without killing the trolls. We walk back torwards his wagon, and I get a message saying I completed the quest. I go look into the completed quests section, and indeed, there it is.

This was the last mission on the list of failed quests, so I went back to the isle of mists, but after continuing after the warnings about the point of no return, A Deadly Plot still gets a failed quest message!

So I go into the quest menu, go into the failed quests, and there I see this;

Code:
http://i.imgur.com/8K3Z1ul.jpg

What is this? I saved Thaler, but still I read this at the end of the log:

he thus abandoned the task, and roche and dijkstra never mentioned the unfortunate matter again

Seriously, did I do something wrong? It just blatantly contradicts what I've actually done. I feel like I'm about to lose out on a very important side quest because of this so I don't dare to go on just yet.

I've read you should also complete two other quests ("Redania's most wanted" and "an Eye for an Eye", but I did both. Redania's most wanted does have a red cross in the section where I was supposed to give the crystal to Triss. I couldn't do that since I've already said I love her, and sent her to Khaer Morhen. (where she's nowhere to be found). I gave it to Yen instead.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Well I think I finally found out why this quest was bugged. It should have to do with the 'Fast Travel Anywhere' mod.

The reason I suspect this being the culprit is because of the same thing happening while doing 'The last Wish'. In this playthrough I chose
Yennefer and I told her I love her

Afterwards we're being teleported back to Skellige, and the quest 'An Ugly Baby' starts. So I fast travel torwards Velen, go and
pick up Uma
, but once I head into the stables I get the notification that I failed 'The Last Wish'. Annoyed as I was, I headed online to see if this was a known bug, and people had the same problem, and it had to with the 'Fast travel anywhere' mod. I restarted the quest after removing the mod, and everything was fine.

So I suspect the same thing has happened with my 'A deadly plot' quest. Only problem is I did that quest again already, so I suspect I'm gonna have the same problem. :( I fear it's going to be something for my third playthrough.

Morale of the story: don't use that mod...

Well it seems I got lucky. Travelled torwards the Isle Of Mists, and didn't get a failed quest notification. As a matter of a fact, I just finished Reason of State. Was a bit of a letdown, but I'm happy that
Radovid is dead.

Top Bottom