Am I misunderstanding something about stamina in combat?

+
Returning after quite long time now I discover that hand-to-hand combat haven't improved - it's still a homing rocket punches that track and hit you from 3-4 steps away... Ok, nothing that haven't been dealt before.

Moving on, now shooting guns drains stamina too?.. Ho-how was it envisioned? Because results so far are as per situation: I shoot with the shotgun a melee juggernaut - he flinches, I shoot again but second shot he facetanks and then all I can do is take his attack, because all stamina is gone.
I am confused, because shotguns - require you to get dangerously close to the enemy and move around a lot more than other firearms, yet just one double-barrel shotgun blast is enough for me to be denied any and all mobility with questionable returns for risk taken...
What am I expected to do, just suffer the damage? When restoratives on a huge cooldown timer?

I would like to think that it's just me still getting used to updated combat, at low level, on high difficulty and that's all there is to it and not the combat system being trashed by recent patches.

Just can't expect every shot to stun enemy now. Either be more patient with your shots agains elites, managing stamina, or use something that will guerantee you free time, like quickhacks, emp, grenades, quake etc

Shotguns (testera <3) taking up all that stamina pretty much ties into the tree since it's more tuned for lower stamina but once you're built up, stamina management becomes a tug of war that you have a lot of control over and in some cases like air dash/double jump for 20% stamina, it becomes kinda of a non-issue.

At the beginning, yes, it does take a bit of careful strategizing, especially when surrounded by enemies BUT it doesn't take that long to be wrecking face with them. As for other builds, I'd imagine it's to prevent stunlocking enemies with attacks like gorilla punching and stuff.

Putting Perks into body as well as Leveling the "Solo" skill will greatly reduce recoil, and stamina drain for shotguns.

Break Down of new weapons and their associated attribute and skill:

Body: Shotguns, LMGs, HMGs, Blunt Weapons, Gorilla arms, all can be improved by solo skill as well.
Reflex: SMGs, Assault Rifles, Blades(Katana, Machete, Chainsword.) Mantis Blades All can be improved with Shinobi Skill
Cool: Handguns, Sniper Rifles, Precision Rifles, Thrown Weapons (Knives, Tomahawk, Tanto) Improved with Headhunter Skill (Also stealth related perks)
Intelligence: Smart Weapons, Netrunner skill also improves.
Technical Ability: Tech Weapons charge.

I noticed very early on with a new character recoil and accuracy on pretty much all weapons was very bad, but now with a decent amount of skill progression and points spent most of my preferred weapons handle pretty well. Also, higher tier weapons should have better handling. Anyway, I hope that helps a little.

So at first I was confused, but then when I saw it in practice it started to make sense. Guns don't stop firing, instead they get a ridiculous amount of recoil as you tire from the continued action of bracing the gun.

Top Bottom