'attack range not set'

+
'attack range not set'

Hello, I get this bug message whenever im in combat or have my sword drawn. It is basically just saying attack 'range not set', Ive noticed some weird behaviours, like geralt can swing a sword 10 metres from an npc and it still does him damage even though the sword doesnt touch him at all.. I dont know where to set that attack range or what it is, and I asked on the chat wiki and nobody had this issue before. Any help?

I tried it both on silver and steel and yes, it is present in everyone. To be more clear, geralt swings his sword in the air but it still hits the npc which you have on cursor looked at. It doesnt happen with bare fists though.

So guys, does anybody have any idea what could cause this?

Sorry, I actually have been thinking about what could be causing this. There are a number of places where the player's attack range is specified, but I'm not sure what could have changed the values.

Do you remember when this first occurred? Is it mod-related? What I mean is, are you still having the problem when you remove all user content and play on a vanilla installation? It would help to narrow down where the problem might be coming from.

It happens only in redkit, the vanilla works fine. Thankfully, it doesnt happen only in my main mod level but also on others, so probably simply reinstalling REDkit could help.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I've had similar problems when running the game in REDkit. It doesn't recognize a lot of my custom scripts and content, so I usually only use it for checking out changes I've made things inside levels.

You could try reinstalling and see what happens, but my guess would be that the problem occurs because REDkit runs off the unpacked resources in the /data/ folder, rather than the .dzips for a lot of content. My explorations have shown that the actual game content differs slightly from the stuff in the /data/ directory.

I had the same message about attack range from the very start. Human NPCs most of time couldn't hit neither me nor each other (or even monster). In my case, the problem was solved after I unchecked the box "Inherit" in my NPC's templates (it's under AI > Attack range) and edited values manually: rangeMin 0

Now human NPCs can fight normally.
However, the message about range was replaced with other message: "Trying to start action while tree running" . It shows up only when human NPCs actually hit enemy with their weapons; I currently don't have any ideas about the reason :hope:

Top Bottom