Battle Preparations - Talk to Avallac'h Bugged

+
Stuck on the part where quest want me to "Let Avallac'h know everything's ready". Keep trying to talk to Avallac'h but he only replies 'Yes' so can't progress the main story line :/ any known fixes for this error?

At first you can try to verify the game files if it's not already done (and reload a previous save. Not far, just before talk to him and/or approach the area).
As far as I know, some also encountered this issue on other platform (Playstation), so if it doesn't work, I highly recommand to report this issue directly to the support > ("Contact Us" button. Including a save if possible).

At first you can try to verify the game files if it's not already done (and reload a previous save. Not far, just before talk to him and/or approach the area).
As far as I know, some also encountered this issue on other platform (Playstation), so if it doesn't work, I highly recommand to report this issue directly to the support > ("Contact Us" button. Including a save if possible).
None of the above has helped so I have submitted a ticket. Hopefully gets resolved soon. Thank you.

None of the above has helped so I have submitted a ticket. Hopefully gets resolved soon. Thank you.
You're welcome ;)
I'm not at this point in my playthrough yet (freshly started in 4.0 on Series X), but I guess there are good chances that I'll encounter the same issue.... But I have no doubt that it will be fixed soon enough (next patch) :)

At the moment they are looking at the issue. But no fix or workaround atm :/ such a shame can’t continue playing

I have the same bug on 1.32 (Steam)

My guess for a potential fix would be to complete the quest using Console Commands.
For example AddFact(questNAME_complete)... or something else.
But I just couldn't find a list with the command for this particular objective which is "Let Avallac'h everything's ready".

All I've been able to find is this:

Some lists of facts and a journal of quests.

What I found interesting in the journal is this part, might be helpful for someone more experienced in Witcher modding:

CSS:
-- gameplay/journal/quests/q210preparations.journal:

chunk = {}
chunk[1] = {
    entry = 2,
}

chunk[2] = {
    baseName = "Q210 Preparations",
    order = 3468689406,
    uniqueScriptIdentifier = "Q210 Preparations 3FFACA7E-489A30A5-824E4887-21A507DE",
    children = {
    },
    title = 0x00100b2c,        -- "Battle Preparations"
}

[...]

chunk[17] = {
    baseName = "Tell Avallac'h everything is done",
    order = 2147483647,
    uniqueScriptIdentifier = "Tell Avallac'h everything is done 8C4D9DA0-4210FB0B-8B06CDB5-EB5F0926",
    children = {
    },
    title = 0x00081b27,        -- "Let Avallac'h know everything's ready."
    world = 3,
}

chunk[18] = {
    baseName = "avallach mappin",
    order = 2147483647,
    uniqueScriptIdentifier = "avallach mappin FA53EF27-46A54D25-A9B5C894-E92391F7",
    mapPinID = "avallach",
}

Just spent two days blasting through an old 7 day save. Didn't do loads of quests. Just to see if I can get past the bugged point and it failed again. Definately won't be playing again until this quest is fixed. If ever!

Just spent two days blasting through an old 7 day save. Didn't do loads of quests. Just to see if I can get past the bugged point and it failed again. Definately won't be playing again until this quest is fixed. If ever!
It will... CDPR is already aware of this issue which happen on all platforms and mentioned on all the sections of their support website :)

"We are working on fixing an issue where it's not possible to talk to Avallac'h on "Let Avallac'h know everything's ready" objective. Avallach simply says “yes” when interacting with him.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused."

Just because they are "working on it", it doesn't mean it'll be fixed.
This bug was present 7 years ago!

Oh My God still a MONTH and no FIX??
Post automatically merged:

WE JUST WANNA FINISH THE GAME..

I am having the same issue. If I go back to a previous save when it did work, I will have to replay the entire HOS and some side quests. Not looking to do that so I may just put the game down till it is worked out. I have tried verifying files and done everything people have suggested. This is really frustrating 6 years later. Has anyone here found anything that works?

I am having the same issue. If I go back to a previous save when it did work, I will have to replay the entire HOS and some side quests. Not looking to do that so I may just put the game down till it is worked out. I have tried verifying files and done everything people have suggested. This is really frustrating 6 years later. Has anyone here found anything that works?
Hello
What version is your game?
This issue was fixed in patch 4.03
Please update your game to the latest version if you haven't already

Top Bottom