"Bolt" skill change

+
Personal opinion!

The Bolt skills needs a change. I really like the idea but im not happy how you have to activate this skill.
To hit the perfect timing for a bolt with low charge time weapons (revolver/pistoles) is difficult. Good luck hitting the perfect moment in a gunfight. For me its only usable with weapons with long charge time. I do not even skill the "faster charge" skills cause it makes it even harder to hit the correct moment for a bolt shot.
If you hit the perfect timing with full auto weapon its absolut broken. Im looking at you "Senkoh LX"...

How to "fix" it.
If you charged your weapon you always use bolt at the same time. But...
Full auto weapons only fire a short burst of bolt...(3 rounds or stuff like that).
Every weapon get a timer /Cd before you can use the next bolt shot. So pistols/revolvers can not spam this like crazy.
With this change every tech weapon can make use of this perk.

Inconsistency of hitting the timing is about the only thing keeping this remotely balanced at this point. Bolt shots are very very strong. You are meant to mix it up with full charge and uncharged shots as well to keep up with the tempo of a fight.

Use your time slows to help with difficult charge timings, you can consistently trigger full auto bolt shots this way too.

I really hope they don't 'fix' this one personally. If every tech weapon has braindead bolt timing the last shreds of personality the individual guns have is gonna be completely dead.

Inconsistency of hitting the timing is about the only thing keeping this remotely balanced at this point. Bolt shots are very very strong. You are meant to mix it up with full charge and uncharged shots as well to keep up with the tempo of a fight.

Use your time slows to help with difficult charge timings, you can consistently trigger full auto bolt shots this way too.

I really hope they don't 'fix' this one personally. If every tech weapon has braindead bolt timing the last shreds of personality the individual guns have is gonna be completely dead.
Thats why would add a CD per Weapon. Full Auto would have longer CD

Thats why would add a CD per Weapon. Full Auto would have longer CD
Musta skimmed over that my bad. I still think that's a worse solution to it. You are asking for a pretty sizeable nerf in exchange for not having to practice the timing at all. They are quite doable even without the trick I mentioned you just have to build your muscle memory.

If you make the charge times all the same the guns are gonna feel even more samey. Unless the cooldown is universal you'll just be incentivized to do a lot of weapon swapping. It'll further push you towards weapons that aren't likely to miss a shot too since you cannot simply charge a second one, so lizzy, widowmaker, and satara will remain even moreso the best options. Full auto for only 3 bolts is not impressive enough to make them stand out over the choices I mentioned, full auto is sometimes good for maxtac or bosses.

Typically the bolts are so powerful that they just end fights, and things often don't get interesting at all unless I mess up my timing in which case I can actually scrap a bit for a change. If we're gutting it lets start by removing the burn effect, it's absolutely broken with t4 contagion.

Edit: The other thing I forgot to mention is that the number of bolt shots you get on full auto is already limited as is, though it's more than 3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom