Bot Players?

+
Has anyone else noticed lately that in training mode against a player there seems to be a bunch of strange opponents? I'm not sure if they are bots or what. They play the game in a nonsensical fashion. They play cards in the wrong way rendering them useless, play cards after you've passed for no reason and deplete their deck, and quit in the middle of the final round. They are always labeled cardsmith. I don't get it. It's annoying because you can't really test your deck and you have to wait through it or forfeit. Anyone else experienced this and know the reason for it?

Faced quite a lot of them, not sure what’s the purpose of those (an illusion of players or to decrease the finding a match time maybe?).

Iirc @quintivarium did a post about bots about a year ago.

I believe you have mixed up who did a post on bots — it wasn’t me; I don’t have much insight there.

But I might have insight into weird play. Thanks to CDPR requirements for cycle quests and Balance council, I am forced to play ranked games. Because I don’t enjoy play at low ranks, I am intentionally staying at rank 25. But doing so requires that I lose about three matches for every match I win. Playing the dumbest way I can not only reduces the chance of an opponent forfeiting a match I want to lose, it can be a challenge too

That would explain it only partially, because I've run into these even at pro rank this season. One played Eudora from hand the other day... I just figured somebody trolling. Combining "business" of spamming losses just to get to 2400 fmmr via games played with "pleasure" of wasting another person's time. Though why someone like that would do it in unranked play I have no idea.

I believe you have mixed up who did a post on bots — it wasn’t me; I don’t have much insight there.

But I might have insight into weird play. Thanks to CDPR requirements for cycle quests and Balance council, I am forced to play ranked games. Because I don’t enjoy play at low ranks, I am intentionally staying at rank 25. But doing so requires that I lose about three matches for every match I win. Playing the dumbest way I can not only reduces the chance of an opponent forfeiting a match I want to lose, it can be a challenge too
Interesting. I have not run into them in ranked matches, only training. I thought maybe people were just trying to complete quests without affecting their ranking, but they forfeit halfway through the last round. So that throws me. So many shenanigans. Thanks for you input.

Has anyone else noticed lately that in training mode against a player there seems to be a bunch of strange opponents? I'm not sure if they are bots or what. They play the game in a nonsensical fashion. They play cards in the wrong way rendering them useless, play cards after you've passed for no reason and deplete their deck, and quit in the middle of the final round. They are always labeled cardsmith. I don't get it. It's annoying because you can't really test your deck and you have to wait through it or forfeit. Anyone else experienced this and know the reason for it?
yeah, i faced two weird guys with chinese letters, and they were like too slow to play and acting like just dropping their cards, i dont think they are bot, just trollin guys i guess, IA in training mode is trash but those are worse, i think if they worked on an IA it will be better of what we acctually have or lol maybe not

yeah, i faced two weird guys with chinese letters, and they were like too slow to play and acting like just dropping their cards, i dont think they are bot, just trollin guys i guess, IA in training mode is trash but those are worse, i think if they worked on an IA it will be better of what we acctually have or lol maybe not
Yes, it gets worse by the day. Last time I played in training mode it was about 50%. I also noticed that they are all Asian and for the most part are always self-described cardsmiths as though the profiles were hastily created. I just don't get it. Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, it gets worse by the day. Last time I played in training mode it was about 50%. I also noticed that they are all Asian and for the most part are always self-desci ribed cardsmiths as though the profiles were hastily created. I just don't get it. Thanks for your feedback.
i think it's maybe chinese bots in fact they are testing them there, maybe it's the dev or maybe some want to make spam gwent accounts with them for votes, but dosent make sens, to much work

Wanted to try out a deck in training mode tonight. I had 6 bots, or whatever you want to call them, in a row! I gave up. How are you supposed to test a new deck when you can't use training mode anymore? So frustrating! :mad:

Yeah, I've encountered this too. Frustrating. Always in training matches, always long Chinese names with about 15 characters in them. (While I can read Japanese and so recognise some of the characters, I can't read Chinese so I can't work out what they even say!)

I suspect it's people training AI, which points to a depressing future for the game...

Yes i stoped some days tô play and tried to play in training Mode and i am only facing those [...].

For me its People Who wants to grind with player forfeiting.

What i always do its do 2-0 and never gives gg to them.

I hope others players do The same, so they Will stop to try to climb with forfeits

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom